I am now officially bored of watching Leroy Lita

269 posts
Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: I am now officially bored of watching Leroy Lita

by Forbury Lion » 04 Feb 2007 02:01

Royal Rother if you analyse his performances they are identical every game.
Vailid, 9 goals in 9 games shows his contribution is more or less the same every game :lol:

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 04 Feb 2007 02:07

Let it all roll in.

We've never had it so good.

COPPELL IS GOD.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 04 Feb 2007 04:33

Were both goals one touch? From the vid he looks as if he didn't take a touch with either before slotting them both away beautifully. 8)

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 04 Feb 2007 04:59

Diddyroyal
Royal Rother [size=150]On 15th October[/size] Bloody frustrated at home internet connection being chewed through by new cat yesterday when I wanted to vent my spleen last night, but as I can see that almost all my feelings about yesterday have already been covered, so I'll just go to the one subject on my mind that hasn't.

On another day for the club that showed many very positive attributes I'm afraid it is a negative one, but what the hell eh?

Having seen most of Reading's games this season I am now frustrated and bored of watching Lita. I actually think he works very hard, and is very strong for a small bloke, but if you analyse his performances they are identical every game.

He never looks like keeping possession for any more than a split second, he never looks like getting into a position where he can score, he makes some great leaps and wins headers he has no right to, but that's always in the middle of the park, he just is there, on the pitch, running about a lot, and that's all. Long causes far more problems for the defenders when he comes on.

At the start of the season I thought Lita was one who would do well in The Premiership and thought he would end up being the preferred partner for Doyle, and I still felt that last month, but now I've changed my mind, which doesn't happen very often. Premiership defenders ALL put him in their pocket and keep him there. Doyle is finding it hard as well, but always seems to create a chance or two no matter who he is up against.

I can't wait for Kitson to get back. All he needs is his fitness and he'll be in the team.

In the meantime, we have nothing to lose by starting a game with Long as he can't be less effective than Lita.

Am I being unfair?

RoyaLOL Rother

lol- hang your head in shame!

Whilst I don't agree word for word with what RR wrote back then, he painted a fairly accurate picture of how Leroy was playing at the time. This is supported by the player being dropped and his poor convertion rate in the first few months of the season.

Now, Leroy has become the team player most of us wanted him to be and surprise, surprise!!! he is on fire and scoring for fun................................perhaps you and others should hang your heads in shame for being too thick to grasp this less than subtle point :?

Diddyroyal

by Diddyroyal » 04 Feb 2007 09:07

Woodcote Royal
Diddyroyal
Royal Rother [size=150]On 15th October[/size] Bloody frustrated at home internet connection being chewed through by new cat yesterday when I wanted to vent my spleen last night, but as I can see that almost all my feelings about yesterday have already been covered, so I'll just go to the one subject on my mind that hasn't.

On another day for the club that showed many very positive attributes I'm afraid it is a negative one, but what the hell eh?

Having seen most of Reading's games this season I am now frustrated and bored of watching Lita. I actually think he works very hard, and is very strong for a small bloke, but if you analyse his performances they are identical every game.

He never looks like keeping possession for any more than a split second, he never looks like getting into a position where he can score, he makes some great leaps and wins headers he has no right to, but that's always in the middle of the park, he just is there, on the pitch, running about a lot, and that's all. Long causes far more problems for the defenders when he comes on.

At the start of the season I thought Lita was one who would do well in The Premiership and thought he would end up being the preferred partner for Doyle, and I still felt that last month, but now I've changed my mind, which doesn't happen very often. Premiership defenders ALL put him in their pocket and keep him there. Doyle is finding it hard as well, but always seems to create a chance or two no matter who he is up against.

I can't wait for Kitson to get back. All he needs is his fitness and he'll be in the team.

In the meantime, we have nothing to lose by starting a game with Long as he can't be less effective than Lita.

Am I being unfair?

RoyaLOL Rother

Whilst I don't agree word for word with what RR wrote back then, he painted a fairly accurate picture of how Leroy was playing at the time. This is supported by the player being dropped and his poor convertion rate in the first few months of the season.

Now, Leroy has become the team player most of us wanted him to be and surprise, surprise!!! he is on fire and scoring for fun................................perhaps you and others should hang your heads in shame for being too thick to grasp this less than subtle point :?

LOL

G Force 1871
Location: I'll always be on the Southbank halfway up, midway between the halfway line and the away end.

by G Force 1871 » 04 Feb 2007 09:25

LoyaltoDoyle
Royal Rother Am I being unfair?

Sorry MR "Reading FC Sport Scientist" I didn't realise you were in any sort of position to judge/analyse the lads performance... And as you are most likely not a sport scientist or have ever worked in that field I don't feel you can pass comment on his playing style!!!

If he never gets himself into a position to score, please can you explain to me why he has scored 6 league goals and 6 cup goals this season so far and is currently on 9 goals in 9 games.....

Also how can you sit there and say he wins headers he has "no right to win" (your words not mine) every air ball should be seen as a 50/50 ball otherwise you would play with no pation or heart and very rarely win the ball from the air. And lets be honest for someone who is 5'7" he is a pretty springy lad. It doesn't matter where he wins the ball they are a unit of 11 and they work together which means if he has dropped into the middle of the park to win a ball then he should have an outlet just as sidwell, harps etc... would expect him to be theres.

As for Long causing more problems for defenders!!!! What football are you watching??? Lets be honest niether of them are our first choice strikers but with Kitson having been out injured since the first game of the season and Doyle now being injured and Mr Coppell being very reluctant to play Seol up front actually lets be honest play Seol at all we don't have many other options for out-right strikers....

So to answer your question of are you being unfair - as you may have guessed I would say yes you are.... :)

Sorry mate, I disagree, I think Leroy is our first choice, for me along with either Doyle or Kitson. He is THE best finisher at the club.

He's our top scorer

Apps Sub Goals
Lita 29 (9) 13
Doyle 24 (1) 10

and before anyone mentions that he's scored against lower league teams in the cup, he has also scored a combined 3 against Man Utd, Chelsea away, whereas Doyle scored 1 penalty against the two at home.

And when you look at workrate, Lita is working incredibly hard for the team at the moment, his linking play is improving game by game, if he stays and stys fit, he will be Readings first choice striker for years to some.

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 04 Feb 2007 09:29

The whole year inn wrote:
Were both goals one touch? From the vid he looks as if he didn't take a touch with either before slotting them both away beautifully.

Yup first with his left second with his right.The one he should have had from Hunty was tucked in with one touch from left. Left right left right left right.Niiiice.

royals pete

by royals pete » 04 Feb 2007 10:07

FANTASTIC PLAY by Leroy. His all round performance yesterday was probably his best for the club.

AND credit to Sids for two excellent passes. Showed Joey boy how to do it !

Leroy really milked the applause, but how he deserved it. Made our journey back quite decent really !!

royals pete

by royals pete » 04 Feb 2007 10:21

Amends for previous post. HARPS with pass for 2nd Leroy goal. (I'm getting carried away)

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 04 Feb 2007 10:32

Maybe mcLOlaren shouldve been there to check out a real team :roll:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 04 Feb 2007 11:04

Woodcote Royal Whilst I don't agree word for word with what RR wrote back then, he painted a fairly accurate picture of how Leroy was playing at the time. This is supported by the player being dropped and his poor convertion rate in the first few months of the season.

At last! Someone with a degree of intelligence! I thank you for restoring my brittle faith in the mental capacity of Reading supporters.

(Obviously I would much rather Lita had carried on being crap and never scored a goal so my accurate assessment of his contribution in October could have remained accurate for the whole season.)

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 04 Feb 2007 11:08

LoyaltoDoyle
Royal Rother Am I being unfair?

Sorry MR "Reading FC Sport Scientist" I didn't realise you were in any sort of position to judge/analyse the lads performance... And as you are most likely not a sport scientist or have ever worked in that field I don't feel you can pass comment on his playing style!!!

If he never gets himself into a position to score, please can you explain to me why he has scored 6 league goals and 6 cup goals this season so far and is currently on 9 goals in 9 games.....

Also how can you sit there and say he wins headers he has "no right to win" (your words not mine) every air ball should be seen as a 50/50 ball otherwise you would play with no pation or heart and very rarely win the ball from the air. And lets be honest for someone who is 5'7" he is a pretty springy lad. It doesn't matter where he wins the ball they are a unit of 11 and they work together which means if he has dropped into the middle of the park to win a ball then he should have an outlet just as sidwell, harps etc... would expect him to be theres.

As for Long causing more problems for defenders!!!! What football are you watching??? Lets be honest niether of them are our first choice strikers but with Kitson having been out injured since the first game of the season and Doyle now being injured and Mr Coppell being very reluctant to play Seol up front actually lets be honest play Seol at all we don't have many other options for out-right strikers....

So to answer your question of are you being unfair - as you may have guessed I would say yes you are.... :)

OMG. Words fail me.

Which emoticon to choose? Laugh, cry, shocked or confused. All 4 I think. :lol: :cry: :shock: :?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 04 Feb 2007 12:12

Diddyroyal
Royal Rother Bloody frustrated at home internet connection being chewed through by new cat yesterday when I wanted to vent my spleen last night, but as I can see that almost all my feelings about yesterday have already been covered, so I'll just go to the one subject on my mind that hasn't.

Am I being unfair?

RoyaLOL Rother

Why? Lita was dreadful before the Chelsea game and had the wrong attitude. Now he's turned himself round after some words from the manager of the Year and he's fifty times the player - he chases, hassles, holds the ball up, wins most aerial balls, keeps his head up when he runs, stands up, uses the ball well and of course we all knew he could finish.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 04 Feb 2007 12:50

Lita's revival is all down to one man. That man is Royal Rother.

Hallelujah, praise the lord.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 04 Feb 2007 13:21

Woodcote Royal
Diddyroyal

Am I being unfair?

RoyaLOL Rother

Well, exactly.

The improvement has been oustanding and the goals have started to flow.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 04 Feb 2007 13:55

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

BORING BORING LEROY

I tell you what if we had a decent striker we would have won that game yesterday.

OfficaLOLy Bored of LOLeroy LOLita

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 04 Feb 2007 14:33

RR, I've made you a little present.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 04 Feb 2007 14:34

Alan Partridge zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

BORING BORING LEROY

I tell you what if we had a decent striker we would have won that game yesterday.

Officially bored of Alan Partridge.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 04 Feb 2007 14:37

Arch

BORING BORING LEROY

Fair F*cks.

I should let this 1 thing go but it still makes me chuckle. :wink:

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 04 Feb 2007 14:39

Alan Partridge
Arch

BORING BORING LEROY

Fair F*cks.

I should let this 1 thing go but it still makes me chuckle. :wink:
It's only cos it's RR.

269 posts