Steve Sidwell

151 posts
RIP ELM Park

by RIP ELM Park » 13 Jan 2007 11:34

Binfield Royal Coppell on 5 live just now said no one had called about Sidwell

worth reporting I suppose.

That's probably because with less than 6 months remaining on his contract they don't need to ring the club but can talk to Sidwell or his agent directly until they are ready to make a bid.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 13 Jan 2007 14:58

Denver Royal
Platypuss
Woodcote Royal If Steve Sidwell isn't happy to settle for the same wage that saw Kevin Doyle commit to this club for the next 3 years, he can walk in the summer as far as I'm concerned.

Just a second - we have absolutely NO idea what Doyle is now getting following his THIRD contract deal in 18 months.

Heh...I was wondering when someone might have the balls to raise a flag over Doyle's contract(s). I thought when the latest one was torn up there might be some backlash in here. As in, who does he think he is, what must all the other players be thinking, he's being greedy, he signed a contract and he should stick to it, etc.

But instead there's one big orgasm over how loyal Mr. Doyle is to us (even though - unlike Sids - Doyle has only been here a season or two). Of course, the reason we felt the need to re-do his deal (again) is because Doyle has leverage (gasp!) and he maybe isn't quite as loyal to us and some would like to believe.

A lot of what this fan reaction and attitude boils down to is the fact that Doyle is more popular with the fans than Sidwell is and thus, a lot of objectivity goes out the window. I swear Doyle could be offered yet another improved contract in a few months time and some people still wouldn't blink an eye :lol:

What utter nonsense.

No one "blinked an eye" every time Sidwell was offered a contract but there were more than a few raised eyebrows when he claimed he wasn't signing them because he needed more than was on offer to raise his family :?

I'm the first to admit that we have a few players who's hero worship has reached ludicrous proportions..............but to suggest this is why Doyle's contract hasn't received the same amount of stick leaves one wondering if you shine a similar torch for Steve Sidwell.

As others have said, Doyle has been offered 2 new contracts and accepted them..........................where are the similarities here to the never ending Sidwell situation :?

Are you saying Doyle has held the club to ransom in some way? If so, how?

This has gone on for far too long, it's time to sign or say goodbye.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 13 Jan 2007 15:06

Woodcote Royal
Denver Royal
Platypuss
Woodcote Royal If Steve Sidwell isn't happy to settle for the same wage that saw Kevin Doyle commit to this club for the next 3 years, he can walk in the summer as far as I'm concerned.

Just a second - we have absolutely NO idea what Doyle is now getting following his THIRD contract deal in 18 months.

Heh...I was wondering when someone might have the balls to raise a flag over Doyle's contract(s). I thought when the latest one was torn up there might be some backlash in here. As in, who does he think he is, what must all the other players be thinking, he's being greedy, he signed a contract and he should stick to it, etc.

But instead there's one big orgasm over how loyal Mr. Doyle is to us (even though - unlike Sids - Doyle has only been here a season or two). Of course, the reason we felt the need to re-do his deal (again) is because Doyle has leverage (gasp!) and he maybe isn't quite as loyal to us and some would like to believe.

A lot of what this fan reaction and attitude boils down to is the fact that Doyle is more popular with the fans than Sidwell is and thus, a lot of objectivity goes out the window. I swear Doyle could be offered yet another improved contract in a few months time and some people still wouldn't blink an eye :lol:

What utter nonsense.

No one "blinked an eye" every time Sidwell was offered a contract but there were more than a few raised eyebrows when he claimed he wasn't signing them because he needed more than was on offer to raise his family :?

I'm the first to admit that we have a few players who's hero worship has reached ludicrous proportions..............but to suggest this is why Doyle's contract hasn't received the same amount of stick leaves one wondering if you shine a similar torch for Steve Sidwell.

As others have said, Doyle has been offered new contacts and accepted them..........................where are the similarities to the never ending Sidwell situation :?

Are you saying Doyle has held the club to ransom in some way? If so, how?

This has gone on for far too long, it's time to sign or say goodbye.

1st ever season in the Prem, smashing the Championship record last year.
If some fans do go overboard surely now is the time to do it?

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 13 Jan 2007 15:09

Whats infinitely more likely is that the club gave Doyle a contract originally that was very minimal. Afterall he was brought in as a reservist. He then proved himself, so he got a pay rise (which requires a new contract in football) and again... and again.

royals pete

by royals pete » 14 Jan 2007 11:50

zac naloen 4 straight losses for us, and 4 straight wins for say.. west ham and we could well end up in the relegation zone. Here's hoping the team perform ;)
OK Zac, love to be your bookie...you've fallen at the first fence !!

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 14 Jan 2007 11:58

royals pete
zac naloen 4 straight losses for us, and 4 straight wins for say.. west ham and we could well end up in the relegation zone. Here's hoping the team perform ;)

I haven't a clue how this stuff works, I was just talking out of my arse :lol:

royals pete

by royals pete » 14 Jan 2007 12:06

zac naloen
royals pete

I haven't a clue how this stuff works, I was just talking out of my arse :lol:

I'm not going too much into betting but Reading are generous odds today. No Arteta, no Cahill, Come on URZ

jetsetwilly

by jetsetwilly » 23 Jan 2007 17:55

This dates back to Jan 16th now but I've not seen it on here.

From the Icon's Diary.

"There's still no big developments with my contract situation. The club have made me an offer and it's an important decision to make, so I need to talk to friends and family about what I'm going to do. It is going to determine my future after all so it needs to be thought about very carefully.

Quite a few of my team-mates have done interviews here and there and have mentioned that they want me to stay at the club, which is really nice to see and hear. It's always good to be wanted, so for them to come out and say that is fantastic. I get stick about it all the time in training but it's always friendly banter."

urz_1871

by urz_1871 » 23 Jan 2007 20:44

Not sure if anyone has posted this, but after getting in from work i was reading the mail.

In there they had a list of the premiership clubs and what player is the highest earner at each club.

Seems as they have their facts wrong as they think Sidders is top of our wage bill earning £20,000 a week.

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 23 Jan 2007 20:57

jetsetwilly This dates back to Jan 16th now but I've not seen it on here.

From the Icon's Diary.

"There's still no big developments with my contract situation. The club have made me an offer and it's an important decision to make, so I need to talk to friends and family about what I'm going to do. It is going to determine my future after all so it needs to be thought about very carefully.

Quite a few of my team-mates have done interviews here and there and have mentioned that they want me to stay at the club, which is really nice to see and hear. It's always good to be wanted, so for them to come out and say that is fantastic. I get stick about it all the time in training but it's always friendly banter."

Good to see the lads trying to keep each other level headed.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 23 Jan 2007 21:48

RIP ELM Park
Binfield Royal Coppell on 5 live just now said no one had called about Sidwell

worth reporting I suppose.

That's probably because with less than 6 months remaining on his contract they don't need to ring the club but can talk to Sidwell or his agent directly until they are ready to make a bid.

Nope, Sidwell is not elligible for discussions on a pre contract agreement until the transfer window closes.

151 posts