soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 12 Aug 2007 19:05

Chaney Rooney as a hairline fracture of his foot

lol

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Aug 2007 19:09

It's only fair we hand the title To Chelsea this season by nobbling Rooney, afterall apparently we gave it to United last season for injuring Cech.

Reading. The fairest team in the land!

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 12 Aug 2007 19:11

Ian Royal It's only fair we hand the title To Chelsea this season by nobbling Rooney, afterall apparently we gave it to United last season for injuring Cech.

Reading. The fairest team in the land!

That's why everybody loves us! :wink:

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 12 Aug 2007 19:14

I think Kits was sent off mostly for the total over-reaction of Evra, who then got up and played as if nothing had happened. Git.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 12 Aug 2007 19:18

After last season and now this I think we should leave Kitson out of the squad for the first game of every season :wink:
As for Seol I am not one that knocks him but today I thought he was poor and it was only a matter of time before he was subbed.
Top man Marcus and you just know that Frederici or Stack would have pushed one of their chances into the oncoming player rather than away from goal.
I have hardly ever felt as happy after a 0-0 other than perhaps the home play-off leg v Tranmere.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 12 Aug 2007 19:45

MiniRoyal
cmonurz
readingfc_4_life_and_beyo
cmonurz As for 'we won't play like that every week' - that it of course true. Or at least would be if we had some striking options on the books.

You forget Doyle, Long, Cox and (ahem) Seol can play there.

Long is more than up to the job now. He will work his balls off and sparkle. He will get better with games.

Cox has proven he can shine against lower league opposition, why not give him a go?

Seol played there a couple of times last season, and he was OK, not world class but is he ever? Move Oster to the right (I rate Oster, btw) and wack him up front if 2 strikers are needed.

Doyle doesn't need explaining.

Kitson maybe able to get away with it in an appeal.. you never know.

Should we really be 'giving players a go, you never know' when we want to stay in the Premiership? Seol is a winger, his appearances up front for Reading have been poor. We have 3 strikers, only 1 of which is Premiership quality.

It seems a certain team from Manchester have a similar striker problem (relatively).

apparantly Duberry did it on purpose, make way for the media witch hunt this week instigated by Ollie Hunt

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 12 Aug 2007 23:08

Blue and White Toucan
cmonurz wrote:
Some of you lot need to get over this 'little club' outlook and look at the fact that for the second season in a row we have been completely and utterly outclassed by Manchester United. Sure, we would expect to lose, but wasn't it 2 attempts on goal last season (in the 1-1 draw)?

Shots on goal today was 21 to 3 in United's favour. We posed no threat whatsoever, now have only 1 striker available of suitable quality, and Chelsea and Everton in the next 7 days.

Predictable whinging about the referee, who did nothing wrong.

0-0 is a great result, but a freak result. Play like that for the rest of the season and we will go down.

We played in a way to get a point and we got one, if you think that we will play that way in every game you obviously know very little about football. :roll:

I stick by what I said, despite Ian Royal terming it a 'pile of shite'.

That result, coupled with that performance, was a freak point, nothing else. Play that game another dozen times in the same manner, with the same tactics, and United would win 10 or 11 of them.

Yes, woopy-doo, we got a point. We were poor today, and should aspire to more than 'defence v attack'.

flintyboy73

by flintyboy73 » 12 Aug 2007 23:15

just seen the kits incident, they made it sound much worse on 5live than it really was.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Aug 2007 23:37

cmonurz
Blue and White Toucan
cmonurz wrote:
Some of you lot need to get over this 'little club' outlook and look at the fact that for the second season in a row we have been completely and utterly outclassed by Manchester United. Sure, we would expect to lose, but wasn't it 2 attempts on goal last season (in the 1-1 draw)?

Shots on goal today was 21 to 3 in United's favour. We posed no threat whatsoever, now have only 1 striker available of suitable quality, and Chelsea and Everton in the next 7 days.

Predictable whinging about the referee, who did nothing wrong.

0-0 is a great result, but a freak result. Play like that for the rest of the season and we will go down.

We played in a way to get a point and we got one, if you think that we will play that way in every game you obviously know very little about football. :roll:

I stick by what I said, despite Ian Royal terming it a 'pile of shite'.

That result, coupled with that performance, was a freak point, nothing else. Play that game another dozen times in the same manner, with the same tactics, and United would win 10 or 11 of them.

Yes, woopy-doo, we got a point. We were poor today, and should aspire to more than 'defence v attack'.

funny how these freak results have cropped up 3 times out of 5 isn't it?

I'd also like to point out that we had no new signings playing today, and argueably 4 of our first choice players missing, along with the recently departed Sidwell (not replaced) Yet we still got a point at the current champions and argueably best team in the country, possibly Europe.

It's a little silly to be crying doom and gloom at this point given the situation.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 12 Aug 2007 23:44

just back from the game. really pleased with the result. still can't decide if kits should have been showed straight red.

Garry Mann

by Garry Mann » 13 Aug 2007 10:59

That was the dullest, most negative pile of shit I've ever seen turn up at OT. There was no Coppell genius, just a lot of luck. Hit the post twice, keeper making lots of saves, 23 shots on goal backs up how lucky you were. Play like that again against us and it will be 3-0. You so deserved f*ck all from that game, but tha's football. Even Burton and Exeter have come and had a go, and for a side that finished one spot off UEFA last year that was terrible. For Christ sake, you came and had a go twice last year so why not this time around? Even Birmingham went and had a go at Chelsea.

As for the sending off, a bit harsh, I felt the foul was somewhere between a yellow and a red. It didn't make one bit of ifference though as for the previous 75 mins I think Doyle only touched the ball 3 times anyway.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Aug 2007 11:02

The harsh reality for you Mr Mann is that you failed to score against a frankly, quite lacklustre Reading performance. That says more about the "great" Sir Alex and his players than it does about us.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 13 Aug 2007 11:04

For Christ sake, you came and had a go twice last year so why not this time around?

Manchester United 3 Reading 2.

Garry Mann

by Garry Mann » 13 Aug 2007 11:07

Royal Lady The harsh reality for you Mr Mann is that you failed to score against a frankly, quite lacklustre Reading performance. That says more about the "great" Sir Alex and his players than it does about us.

It says much more about how lucky you were. If you think any different you are deluded.

I can understand you being happy with a point, but I'd be much more concerned about that performance.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict

by papereyes » 13 Aug 2007 11:07

Hell, I'll even add

Manchester United 5 Fulham 1

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Aug 2007 11:07

Garry Mann That was the dullest, most negative pile of shit I've ever seen turn up at OT. There was no Coppell genius, just a lot of luck. Hit the post twice, keeper making lots of saves, 23 shots on goal backs up how lucky you were. Play like that again against us and it will be 3-0. You so deserved f*ck all from that game, but tha's football. Even Burton and Exeter have come and had a go, and for a side that finished one spot off UEFA last year that was terrible. For Christ sake, you came and had a go twice last year so why not this time around? Even Birmingham went and had a go at Chelsea.

As for the sending off, a bit harsh, I felt the foul was somewhere between a yellow and a red. It didn't make one bit of ifference though as for the previous 75 mins I think Doyle only touched the ball 3 times anyway.

I only recall you hitting the post once (could be wrong), from an angle that was always against Giggs and none of Hahnemann's saves were much more than routine.

Yes, Birmingham had a go at Chelsea and got 0 points. We designed a tactical system that you failed to effectively breakdown and got a point. Good to watch no, effective yes.

That point could be crucial in either a UEFA cup race or relegation battle this year and I'm glad we got.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict

by papereyes » 13 Aug 2007 11:08

I can understand you being happy with a point, but I'd be much more concerned about that performance.

If we play like that against Everton, then I'll agree that you have a very valid point.

Garry Mann

by Garry Mann » 13 Aug 2007 11:10

Stranded We designed a tactical system that you failed to effectively breakdown and got a point.

:lol:

Some days the ball just won't go in the net, yesterday was one of those days. You were outclassed, out played, out performed in every department. To try and convince yourself the point was as a result of any tactics rather than luck is laughable

214 posts