Eleven Stephen Hunts

162 posts
Jimbo

by Jimbo » 23 Dec 2007 14:43

Jimbo
Readingfanman I really can't understand some people.

If we were offered £3M for Hunt I'd take the money atm. We can replace Hunt with someone of superior quality for £2 or £3M.

Like who?

I say again, who?

Where have you gone?!? :roll:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Dec 2007 16:50

Row Z Royal

Where's your caravan?

Used to be parked quite close to the Mad Stad until they finally got moved on!

Alan Partridge Back to Hunt

I'm not his biggest fan, never have been really BUT he is absolutely critical to this team. His story is amazing (from not good enough at Brentford, almost going to Bradford - Reading squad player - first teamer - International player - £5million player?)

According to the Brentford fans I know, he was definitely good enough for them but they couldn't afford to pay the wages he was asking for.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 23 Dec 2007 21:38

Alan Partridge There is no doubt in my mind Duberry wouldn't have lunged in aimlessly yesterday to gift Sunderland an equaliser.

You're absolutely right....Doobs wouldn't have had the pace to get the challenge in in the first place! Duberry is fantastic in the air but when we were leaking goals it was because our defence were being skinned by every strike force in the Premiership. Sonko coming back has at least helped us there.

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 23 Dec 2007 21:44

sonko was outstanding 1st half yesterday, won every ball in the air vs kenwyn jones...2nd half they knocked it over the top and his pace was found out a tad. didnt need to lunge in, but lets not dwell we won!

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 23 Dec 2007 21:46

EDIT: off football365 - all I did was find it.
Last edited by papereyes on 24 Dec 2007 08:46, edited 1 time in total.

1871royals

by 1871royals » 23 Dec 2007 22:09

Everyone knows Sonks was silly to lunge in. But I noticed yesterday that Jones only looked impressive when he was up against Ivar and Sonks had to come round on the cover. This is exactly what happened for the penalty.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 24 Dec 2007 00:13

Great work on the pic!!

Half Man Half Biscuit

by Half Man Half Biscuit » 25 Dec 2007 02:19

You guys seem to be taking the piss.

What the bloody hell are you doing?????

We are priviledged to to be watching the birth of a legend.

Get behind the guy.

Stephen Hunt is the spirit of this bloody club.

Upper West?!?

by Upper West?!? » 26 Dec 2007 17:42

I don't think any player has changed my opinion of him in quite the way Hunt has. When he joined from Brentford, I figured he would be a competent back up for Convey since Hunt played for Coppell there, and I trusted Coppell (don't we all).

However, his first few appearances did not impress, and I thought he was just a left footed Andy Hughes - good engine with no end product. Even when Hunt started to play regularly last season, I remained sceptical. By the end of the season, though, I was wondering if Convey would get back in the team.

Now I would agree that Hunt really seems to capture the spirit of the team. He seems to be filling a bit of the Sidwell role, and he's even taken on Sidwell's trademark "pick it up" motion of his arms after the opposition scores.

Will Hunt be a legend? If he continues like this for another 2 or 3 seasons, he could be.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 26 Dec 2007 17:48

Half Man Half Biscuit You guys seem to be taking the piss.

Get behind the guy.

What the hell are you on about?

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 26 Dec 2007 18:29

Upper West?!? I don't think any player has changed my opinion of him in quite the way Hunt has. When he joined from Brentford, I figured he would be a competent back up for Convey since Hunt played for Coppell there, and I trusted Coppell (don't we all).

However, his first few appearances did not impress, and I thought he was just a left footed Andy Hughes - good engine with no end product. Even when Hunt started to play regularly last season, I remained sceptical. By the end of the season, though, I was wondering if Convey would get back in the team.

Now I would agree that Hunt really seems to capture the spirit of the team. He seems to be filling a bit of the Sidwell role, and he's even taken on Sidwell's trademark "pick it up" motion of his arms after the opposition scores.

Will Hunt be a legend? If he continues like this for another 2 or 3 seasons, he could be.

He's definitely playing brilliantly at the mo!

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 26 Dec 2007 18:43

readingbedding

"Sugar Baby Love".

Is he in a Rubettes tribute band? With a shave he could be a dead ringer for the lead singer.

http://www.excaliburentertainments.co.u ... ettes_.htm

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 26 Dec 2007 18:45

Jeffers217 cor dear- Hunt is shocking, he is totally out of his depth in this league. I'd prefer Oster on the right. And afraid to say it but the team lacks a certain central midfielder- I think we have the worst centrel midfield in the leage

Oh my god!!! :roll:

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 09 Jan 2008 10:11

Gordons Cumming Looks like Hunt is going to ask for another pay rise. :wink:

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/readi ... ay?rss=yes

Looks like I was right. :lol: :wink:

Half Man Half Biscuit

by Half Man Half Biscuit » 09 Jan 2008 20:58

bobby1413

Get behind the guy.

I call it spirit the newspapers call it heartbeat.

The Times Online
"Stephen Hunt was Reading’s heartbeat; he scampered, he harried, he probed and passed."

See here: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article3141885.ece

Our best player by a mile on the day and fast becoming a Reading Great.

The picture depicting him as a fairground pikey were out of order on here. They were dreamed up by opposition fans who are sh!tting themselves they know how great he is!

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 09 Jan 2008 21:33

Without a doubt the club should make an example of Hunty and reward him with another new contract, what a great example to the rest of the squad and the academy players, work hard, try hard and the fruits of your wares will follow, he is the heart, soul and driving force behind the first eleven, probably the first name on the team sheet and getting better as the season goes on, to lose him now would be a nightmare, he is fast becoming irreplaceable. Good on ya Hunty !

Son of Len

by Son of Len » 09 Jan 2008 21:34

Half Man Half Biscuit
bobby1413

Get behind the guy.

I call it spirit the newspapers call it heartbeat.

The Times Online
"Stephen Hunt was Reading’s heartbeat; he scampered, he harried, he probed and passed."

See here: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article3141885.ece

Our best player by a mile on the day and fast becoming a Reading Great.

Hunty and Kits are the engines that have kept Reading above water this season. They are co-players of the season at this point. No doubt.

The picture depicting him as a fairground pikey were out of order on here. They were dreamed up by opposition fans who are sh!tting themselves they know how great he is!

I thought that was the 12th Steven Hunt. We're picking him (although he looks a little like a she in that photo) up for the bench.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 09 Jan 2008 21:43

Leave Frodo alone! He is, without doubt, my favourite pikey.

Half Man Half Biscuit

by Half Man Half Biscuit » 09 Jan 2008 22:09

howser Without a doubt the club should make an example of Hunty and reward him with another new contract, what a great example to the rest of the squad and the academy players, work hard, try hard and the fruits of your wares will follow, he is the heart, soul and driving force behind the first eleven, probably the first name on the team sheet and getting better as the season goes on, to lose him now would be a nightmare, he is fast becoming irreplaceable. Good on ya Hunty !

Good post.

amdocsroyal

by amdocsroyal » 09 Jan 2008 22:55

Half Man Half Biscuit
howser Without a doubt the club should make an example of Hunty and reward him with another new contract, what a great example to the rest of the squad and the academy players, work hard, try hard and the fruits of your wares will follow, he is the heart, soul and driving force behind the first eleven, probably the first name on the team sheet and getting better as the season goes on, to lose him now would be a nightmare, he is fast becoming irreplaceable. Good on ya Hunty !

Good post.

Must be giving Oliver Holt recurring nightmares - only its real. :wink:

162 posts