Hunt dissapointed

260 posts
Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Hunt dissapointed

by Denver Royal » 03 Sep 2008 14:30

Streets
Denver Royal Bid or no bid, I wouldn't be surprised if Hunt's days at RFC are numbered.

Sure, players want to further their careers...but not all of them go public with comments like that.

And when he returns he's also left himself open to criticism next time he has a bad game for us...or even an average one.

Yeah, lets drive him out shall me, or drive him on with support?!

I think we should drive him on with support...just like we did with Sids and Shorey. :wink:

Streets

by Streets » 03 Sep 2008 14:36

Denver Royal
Streets
Denver Royal Bid or no bid, I wouldn't be surprised if Hunt's days at RFC are numbered.

Sure, players want to further their careers...but not all of them go public with comments like that.

And when he returns he's also left himself open to criticism next time he has a bad game for us...or even an average one.

Yeah, lets drive him out shall me, or drive him on with support?!

I think we should drive him on with support...just like we did with Sids and Shorey. :wink:

I don't recall anyone getting on Sidwell's back. He gave 200% every game. Shorey became a c**t and deserved more stick than he got.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 03 Sep 2008 14:40

How did Shorey 'become a c**t'? What a truly idiotic thing to say.

reading fc rock leroylero

by reading fc rock leroylero » 03 Sep 2008 14:41

oxf*rd it. Im booing that gypsy oxf*rd from now on!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Sep 2008 14:41

this is a bit much now

the bloke said right at the beginning of the window "i would prefer to be in the prem"
so the statement, "im disapointed not to be back in the prem" cant come as a shock for anyone

and like someone said before at least hes honest, with the club and with us.
id prefer that to him smiling through gritted teeth, saying everythings rosy , then running off out of the blue in january or whenever

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 03 Sep 2008 14:44

Streets I don't recall anyone getting on Sidwell's back.

LOL...maybe you are new to this board and missed all the posts saying how 'replaceable' he is. And a bad influence in the dressing room and on the training ground. And the cruel personal comments about his money-grabbing shopping freak of a wife. Or the photos in here of Shorey's wedding (at a time when Shorey was the blue eyed boy - LOL) with Sidwell in the wedding party...and people telling Shorey he should choose better mates. Yeah, nobody gave Sids a hard time. :roll:
Last edited by Denver Royal on 03 Sep 2008 14:55, edited 4 times in total.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 03 Sep 2008 14:45

brendywendy this is a bit much now

the bloke said right at the beginning of the window "i would prefer to be in the prem"
so the statement, "im disapointed not to be back in the prem" cant come as a shock for anyone

id prefer that to him smiling through gritted teeth, saying everythings rosy , then running off out of the blue in january or whenever

I think it is how he hinted that the club had somehow let him down which has pissed people off.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 03 Sep 2008 14:46

If that was all he said then that'd be fine

His quotes this time round are a lot mre critical of the club though, and indicate that he's not happy that we didn't let him go, not that he's just disappointed that someone didn't offer enough to snap him up

That and his, the club owe me for my loyalty, type comments make this a different kettle of fish in my opinion

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Sep 2008 14:53

Royal Rother Vision and cmonurz have it right - out of all the stuff Hunt says, the only comments that ring particularly true, as coming from his heart, are the ones that if he was worth £5m someone would have paid it, and that he will be redoubling his efforts for RFC in the coming months. That's the Stephen Hunt we know and respect.

The rest is just as a result of his agent unsettling him to ensure his client remains in the news, with as many clubs as possible aware that he wants out, as that way he will generate a nice fat fee in January. Scummy bastards.

In which case, if Hunt wants to restore/maintain his integrity he should fire the scummy barsteward in question and find himself an agent/professional adviser less inclined to try to use his client in that manner. I believe, though few and far between, there are a few such people within the business.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 03 Sep 2008 15:01

So we are now in agreement that Hunt is a) a stupid prick with a silly haircut and b) not very good?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Sep 2008 15:09

Southbank Old Boy

If that was all he said then that'd be fine

His quotes this time round are a lot mre critical of the club though, and indicate that he's not happy that we didn't let him go, not that he's just disappointed that someone didn't offer enough to snap him up

That and his, the club owe me for my loyalty, type comments make this a different kettle of fish in my opinion

agree

the "i was a good boy, but i didnt have to be" struck me as particularly stoopid

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 03 Sep 2008 15:26

Vision LOL @ this thread.

Player misses out on what he thinks was a possible a move to a top club... and expresses his disappointment. Big deal.
You're completely missing the point. No one would object to him expressing his disappointment. But this?
S Hunt It was a big club and it was disappointing that Reading could not have helped me out a little bit to benefit my career,

For what I have done for them, it would have been nice. I spoke to the manager, to the director of football, and the coaches in terms of leaving.

I have not been a bad apple over the last two or three years. I could have been but I was ultra-professional and I probably deserved a little bit better.

From what I was told, Reading would have got a good figure with the rest to follow over a certain period of time,” he said. “They would have got £5m (€6.1m) within the year but they did not want to budge. There were other clubs as well but you cannot say anything until they bid £5m. That’s in my contract that had to be paid straight up front to allow me to go. Most of it (the Everton offer) would have been up front with only a little bit left.

I’m back in the zone where I am angry and disappointed
It's the attitude of entitlement, that the club ought to have helped him out to their own cost, the suggestion that a being a bad apple would help engineer a move (ironic in the circumstances), the pitiful idea fact that he's not just disappointed but angry. isn't that just the modern way? We get a disappointment and we have to be angry about it, find someone to blame. And then the whole shit about the Everton "offer" which we can all be reasonably sure is the utter bollocks. Seriously, LOL @ you Vision for not seeing that fans of the club would be seriously annoyed by this.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Sep 2008 15:33

the 5M release clause that you negotiated, were happy with, and signed up to hunty?

then what right do you have to be angry about it?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 03 Sep 2008 15:43

brendywendy the 5M release clause that you negotiated, were happy with, and signed up to hunty?

Exactly. If anything he should be angry with Everton. If they had just paid the 5mil up front, rather than trying to structure the payment then he could have had his move.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 03 Sep 2008 15:44

brendywendy the 5M release clause that you negotiated, were happy with, and signed up to hunty?

:? :? :?

Are your sure you're not a woman brendy, you seem to change your mind like one :lol:

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 03 Sep 2008 15:47

So you're disappointed are you Stephen?

Now you know how it feels.

Streets

by Streets » 03 Sep 2008 15:57

Alan Partridge How did Shorey 'become a c**t'? What a truly idiotic thing to say.

His attitude stank last season. He didn't give everything he had, not at all. He was only interested in leaving.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 03 Sep 2008 15:58

Arch
Vision LOL @ this thread.

Player misses out on what he thinks was a possible a move to a top club... and expresses his disappointment. Big deal.
You're completely missing the point. No one would object to him expressing his disappointment. But this?
S Hunt It was a big club and it was disappointing that Reading could not have helped me out a little bit to benefit my career,

For what I have done for them, it would have been nice. I spoke to the manager, to the director of football, and the coaches in terms of leaving.

I have not been a bad apple over the last two or three years. I could have been but I was ultra-professional and I probably deserved a little bit better.

From what I was told, Reading would have got a good figure with the rest to follow over a certain period of time,” he said. “They would have got £5m (€6.1m) within the year but they did not want to budge. There were other clubs as well but you cannot say anything until they bid £5m. That’s in my contract that had to be paid straight up front to allow me to go. Most of it (the Everton offer) would have been up front with only a little bit left.

I’m back in the zone where I am angry and disappointed
It's the attitude of entitlement, that the club ought to have helped him out to their own cost, the suggestion that a being a bad apple would help engineer a move (ironic in the circumstances), the pitiful idea fact that he's not just disappointed but angry. isn't that just the modern way? We get a disappointment and we have to be angry about it, find someone to blame. And then the whole shit about the Everton "offer" which we can all be reasonably sure is the utter bollocks. Seriously, LOL @ you Vision for not seeing that fans of the club would be seriously annoyed by this.

Seriously "Player misses out on what he thinks was a possible a move to a top club... and expresses his disappointment. " is exactly the point. If you don't think he should have said it then i agree with you and have said so but to single him out for umpteen pages of criticism when all he's done is actually say what every other player thinks is what makes me LOL.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 03 Sep 2008 15:59

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe To be honest, whether he's right or not, he shouldn't be saying something like that right now.

Not the sort of thing you want hear your players saying the day after the window closes.

True. I'm pretty sure Coppell said he wouldn't keep players who didn't want to be at the club.
Shunt was his exception, perhaps?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 03 Sep 2008 15:59

Funny how neither Harps nor KD have said anything like this....even though they have done 10x more for the club than Hunt has ever done.

260 posts