Ah Mr Holt- we've been expecting you...

155 posts
John 3:16

Re: Ah Mr Holt- we've been expecting you...

by John 3:16 » 04 Nov 2008 11:16

He'd parked in the Speedway car park and was outraged at the price to park in some mud. The hoodlums he claims climbed on his car were actually elderly folk still making their way back to their cars and were relentlessly mowed down by Colin.

If Colin were to ever become Reading manager (never going to happen clearly seeing his hatred for us) I would henceforth cease to visit the Madejski Stadium until such a time as he were sacked.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 04 Nov 2008 12:02

Or you'd learn to love the rascal, and chuckle at how he winds up the opposition, doncherluvim?

John 3:16

by John 3:16 » 04 Nov 2008 12:32

rabidbee Or you'd learn to love the rascal, and chuckle at how he winds up the opposition, doncherluvim?

Nope. A cancer in the sport that I love. :wink:

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 04 Nov 2008 12:42

In this day and age, the fact that nothing was posted on any fans website (Sheff Utd or ours) there was no YouTube video of the "attack", and that there was no publicity about it in the papers the next day, or indeed, until Colin's book, the natural assumption is that it didn't hapen.

However, as we all know, Colin is a man of honour and integrity, as well as media shy, so it simply MUST have happened exactly as he described.

Breaking news - Father Christmas exists.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 04 Nov 2008 14:33

i agree if this had happened, it would have been all over the papers
its not like hes ever been shy of slagging off this club, its players, or its supporters

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 04 Nov 2008 18:50

Wonder if super slueth Blade1 can shed any light on this mystery attack?

The Cube

by The Cube » 04 Nov 2008 19:26

It's quite possible that Warnock might have not been heading for the Sheffield United coach after a game, because whilst he was manager at Bramall Lane his family remained living in Cornwall, and i imagine that he often went to see them after a weekend game, particularly one in the south. However, I'd still reckon that he wouldn't be leaving the ground immediately after the final whistle. (In fact, based on the performances of most of his teams against Reading, it's far more likely that there'd be a one-hour dressing-room lock-in....)

Only on one occasion have I hung around after a game long enough to see the away players leave, and I think there were only two other Reading fans in the vicinity when they boarded their coach. The idea that hundreds of Reading fans would still be around is just ludicrous, but of course there's no risk of a libel suit with a vague allegation aimed at a group.

Billy The Fish

by Billy The Fish » 07 Dec 2008 14:21

On Sky this morning on the Sunday Supplement (best punditry on TV IMHO) a discussion about Paul Ince turned to a more general discussion about Managers getting the sack too soon in the face of unrealistic expectations of the owners...

Oliver Holt: "I hate to say it, but one example of a club that has got it right is Reading. They stuck with Steve Coppell when it would have been easy to sack him when they went down."

Brian Woolnough: "Why do you hate to say it?"

OH: "Well because they're not my favourite club as you know (laughs). But I think Coppell and my friend Wally Downes they've done a terrific job there."

BW: "And they might come back into the Premier League with Coppell."

OH: "I think they probably will."

Oliver Holt in Good Thing To Say About Reading shocker. But I thought his antipathy towards us stemmed from the Cech incident, is there some previous with Wally?

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 07 Dec 2008 14:30

Billy The Fish On Sky this morning on the Sunday Supplement (best punditry on TV IMHO) a discussion about Paul Ince turned to a more general discussion about Managers getting the sack too soon in the face of unrealistic expectations of the owners...

Oliver Holt: "I hate to say it, but one example of a club that has got it right is Reading. They stuck with Steve Coppell when it would have been easy to sack him when they went down."

OH: "Well because they're not my favourite club as you know (laughs). But I think Coppell and my friend Wally Downes they've done a terrific job there."

Oliver Holt in Good Thing To Say About Reading shocker. But I thought his antipathy towards us stemmed from the Cech incident, is there some previous with Wally?

Oliver Holt is Colin W@nker's personal Journalistic puppet so it stems from there

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 07 Dec 2008 14:56

I'm not sure which actually schocks me more - Oliver Holt saying something nice about RFC or that someone actually watches the Sunday Supplement on Sky Sports.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 07 Dec 2008 15:57

Wasn't there some kind of confrontation between Wally and Holt at a do in London ( PFA Dinner or somesuch)

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 07 Dec 2008 15:58

Yep

bottom left hand corner

by bottom left hand corner » 07 Dec 2008 16:20

Billy The Fish On Sky this morning on the Sunday Supplement (best punditry on TV IMHO) a discussion about Paul Ince turned to a more general discussion about Managers getting the sack too soon in the face of unrealistic expectations of the owners...

Love that :lol: :lol:

Well done Brian Woolnough

Far Canal

by Far Canal » 07 Dec 2008 16:21

Sun Tzu Wasn't there some kind of confrontation between Wally and Holt at a do in London ( PFA Dinner or somesuch)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/articl ... gitay.html

"The fisticuffs anticipated in this column between bitter adversaries Wally Downes, the Reading coach, and Crystal Palace boss Neil Warnock at the Football Writers' awards dinner never materialised at London's Royal Lancaster Hotel.
Instead, heavyweight puncher Downes offered outside multi-award-winning Daily Mirror chief sports writer Oliver Holt, Warnock's ghostwriter, over a chapter in the book.
Despite Holt only being the messenger, he received a number of blows. Apparently your less-than-brave Sports Agenda columnist is next on the caveman's hit list ? followed by Warnock."

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 07 Dec 2008 17:07

Wally just continues to rise in my estimation. Can we instill "Caveman" as his new nickname?

155 posts