Hob Nob Regular

Re: Newcastle V Reading Match Thread

by LoyalRoyalFan » 15 Aug 2009 19:08

We need a new striker.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 15 Aug 2009 19:09

I think in all reality the "moans" are well deserved 2 years ago we failed to stay in the premiership due to lack of investment on better players after the previous seasons success, and the same last year when we struggling from Christmas and at the end of the window in January we again failed to bolster the failing squad. we were always going to sell Doyle, Hunt as they would bring in good finance for the chairman. The Kids are bvery talented and har5d working but the experience level is no way there. Irrespective who the manager is we are never going to be a club that will invest in new players its just not the way that Madejski works, he is not a football chairman, doesnt have the passion of the genuine supporters, although he would like us to think he has !! he has carried his remit he promised when he came to the club, and got us in the premiership and out again as quick as possible !!

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 15 Aug 2009 19:09

Avon Royal
H-Town Royal The way Newcastle played today and last week... they are going to dominate most teams this year.

You're wasting your time mate, the morons don't want to know.

We haven't played well, that is obvious, but talk of relegation? Jesus wept........

You're a cock- newcastle are not a quality side and will continue to lose players. They've won twice since February and shola fvcking amoebi has scored a hat-trick due to WOEFUL and I mean WOEFUL defending that you'd see better in sunday league.

Prior to kick off they were singing " if shola scores, we're on the pitch". He's scored three, the country is laughing at us.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 15 Aug 2009 19:09

RobRoyal Yeah. Proper good. Went down last season and have since lost about 6 players. Second best by a long way at West Brom last week. I didn't think they'd go up before today's game, and I still don't.

The individuals they have in their squad are far better than the majority of this league, if you dont realise that then your living in some little dream world

How many teams in this division have a winger playing for one of the top 3 teams in the world?

They got relegated because of the attitude and turmoil at the club, not because the players werent any good

I still dont think we have the players with enough quality yet, and I am still far from convinced by the likes of Long, Church and Kanu being up to the job of winning us games

Patience though, let Rodgers build his squad and judge in a couple of months time

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 15 Aug 2009 19:09

Boot Rosenior, or kick his arse and make him aware of where he needs to improve. Pearce and Mills will be a great partnership. Both very good in the air and on the deck. And we have a top left back. Defence is ok!

But we need 2 strikers in asap! Long is dump, just dump. Hunt is ok but otherwise we're looking so so light up there.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 15 Aug 2009 19:09

H-Town Royal The way Newcastle played today and last week... they are going to dominate most teams this year.

Last week their keeper had to make four great stops to secure a draw. What game were you watching?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 15 Aug 2009 19:09

C'mon lads let's get some perspective. This is a class Nexcastle outfit, and to expect anything other than a comprehensive defeat was naive in the extreme.

But there have been some worrying signs:

- Tabb was shite. Always looking to go backwards.
- Cisse has shown once again he isn't a regular centre back. Mills must play at Swansea.
- Nothing in the final third. Rasiak and Smith needed desperately.
- Where the oxf*rd is Marek!

brighton_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by brighton_royal » 15 Aug 2009 19:09

RobRoyal
brighton_royal Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith Tommy Smith

He's going to sort out the defence, is he?

:|

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 15 Aug 2009 19:10

reading98 In a way I am glad I could not get a lift to the game in the end. We are so lightweight everytime we get the ball we either look to go back or get to final third then hand it back to them. Not rated Long ever and on his own he has no chance, seriously how can the manager and chairman not see selling players that were poor end of last season need to be replaced.

WE ARE HAVING ARE ARSE'S SPANKED HERE against a team everyone says are in a mess, think its us who are in a mess. We could easily of lost by 6.

Dear chairman can you please dip into some of the money our x prem stars got you and buy
1)A striker who can hold the ball
2)A winger who can beat a man and put a decent ball in.
3)And as much as I like Aussie number 1 a tall keeper who can command and boss his defence.

An awful day to be a Reading fan and I feel we may have some more to come this year.

P.S. not looking forward to tuesday now :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Are you a bit simple?

Bristol Royalz

by Bristol Royalz » 15 Aug 2009 19:10

Simple we have been outmuscled in central midfield, meaning Newcastle went up against back 4. Karacan and Tabb against a big team are not able to cope.
Then as they went 2 onto full back at side, causing one of Karacan and Tabb to be drawn out then huge gaps opened up in the middle, and time for opposition full backs to cross (see first goal). That is the weakness of this formation.

Rosenior hasn't been too bad, Long tried, but support from both Kebe (very poor) and Church anonymous meant it was a thankless task. Long would be better wide, Mooney has better technique to play the central role.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 15 Aug 2009 19:10

Why aren't we playing Mills? Did I hear something about him not being match fit? :shock:

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 15 Aug 2009 19:12

Powderpuff up front
Passing sideways along the back with no goal threat
No height or power in midfield.

Have I woken up and it's 1998 again?

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 15 Aug 2009 19:12

I can't say we looked a threat, but the ref hasn't helped either.

comeonthebiscuitmen

by comeonthebiscuitmen » 15 Aug 2009 19:13

Raziak - that would be a good signing

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 15 Aug 2009 19:13

Sarah Star I can't say we looked a threat, but the ref hasn't helped either.

Don't even dare blame the ref, just don't dare.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 15 Aug 2009 19:14

I look forward to Royalee's critique of this game. :lol:

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 15 Aug 2009 19:14

comeonthebiscuitmen Raziak - that would be a good signing

You are kidding?

Signing a player that bloody lazy would suicide for this team

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 15 Aug 2009 19:14

Platypuss Powderpuff up front
Passing sideways along the back with no goal threat
No height or power in midfield.

Have I woken up and it's 1998 again?

I wish I was 18 again.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 15 Aug 2009 19:15

winchester_royal - Cisse has shown once again he isn't a regular centre back.
That's worrying given that he was way better than Pearce on the day.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 15 Aug 2009 19:15

Royal Lady I look forward to Royalee's critique of this game. :lol:

He's quickly heading towards my ignore summary if he gives another ridiculous assessment of the game.

278 posts