BLAME MADEJSKI !!!!!!

188 posts
shoey

Re: BLAME MADEJSKI !!!!!!

by shoey » 18 Dec 2009 00:18

speaks the guy who has a rangers badge as his avatar, yh nice one fineidiot!1 hows bout u f off please, and take royalee wit you, we was going down with rodgers, wit the change we make we will stay up, and roaylee as ever will have to eat his words

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 18 Dec 2009 01:15

FiNeRaIn Get our of our club
Ger out of our clubbbbbbb
You greedy toff bastard
Get out of our club

And yesterday you were the soul of humanity on this board.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Lack of encouragement from the Board

by Arch » 18 Dec 2009 04:11

Terminal Boardom
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Terminal Boardom Thing is Ideal, the sad oxf*rd who appointed BR IS STILL HERE AND STILL IN CHARGE OF MAKING IMPORTANT DECISIONS.If the rumours are true and he was removed because of a row over transfer funds then fair play to BR. The real facts are that this club is being run by a lame duck chairman who refuses to invest any more into the club. He has a business empire crumbling around his ankles and the last thing he needed was a whipper-snapper of a football person asking him for money.

This is the time for SJM to sell and sell now OR share the load with another investor or 3.

I really believe that the squad we have with the right manager and coaching staff along with just a few additions can go place over the next 3 - 4 years. A couple of seasons of consolidation, then we should have a base to push on from. The squad we have has underperformed under BR imo.

We'll find out the truth either way over the next month...

Who pays for this? Where is the money coming from?

Same place it came from for Rodger's purchases and loans. The fact that there was no more financing for the Rodgers' experiment doesn't mean there won't be for anyone else.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Lack of encouragement from the Board

by Avon Royal » 18 Dec 2009 07:37

Ideal They are angry and venting, and nothing they say really make much sense.

I hope the irony isn't lost on you...................

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 18 Dec 2009 09:39

Royalee To fully appreciate what Madejski has gained from RFC, you must also look at his knighthood, his honorary degree, several other awards which he wouldn't have been able to attain with such ease otherwise, and of course his celebrity persona. Now there is nothing left for him to gain personally, he's pulled the plug.

That's just utter garbage. None of those things came from being Reading chairman. His charity work, his general all round philanthropist to the arts. And his donations to the Tory party.

Nothing to do with football whatsoever..

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 18 Dec 2009 09:44

In order for the club to move on and try and regain top flight stauts it probably needs a new owner,but sadly there aren't many billionaires who want to buy football clubs...especially at the present time. It will be a sad day when Madejski departs who in the main has been absolutely tremendous for this club as well as the town.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens in the coming weeks, sounds to me from the interview they are accepting candidates but just putting them to one side at the moment, just going to see what happens over the next week or so which is fair enough. I was surprised that Dolan wasn't given this opportunity especially as he has previous managerial experience with Exeter, in front of McDermott but even so Brian seems a decent bloke, well respected at the club.

If he does well in caretaker charge does he not deserve maybe a crack at it? don't get me wrong I would prefer a new manager, new ideas a Darren Ferguson or someone but to be honest Rodgers going, for me simply had to happen. The guy was so far out of his depth he was like Eric the Eel.

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 18 Dec 2009 13:53

You need a screw loose to own a footbal club.
In a world of loones, we are lucky to have Mr Mad - he is above the knee-jerk pandering to the unrealistic expectations of a deluded fan-base that every club (and this board) suffers from.

We're not Southhampton,
Watford, Leeds or Chester
We're just so lucky that
Madejski is our owner.

That is all.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 18 Dec 2009 13:57

SWLR You need a screw loose to own a footbal club.
In a world of loones, we are lucky to have Mr Mad - he is above the knee-jerk pandering to the unrealistic expectations of a deluded fan-base that every club (and this board) suffers from.

We're not Southhampton,
We're just so lucky that
Madejski is our owner.

That is all.

We'll become them soon enough.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 18 Dec 2009 13:57

Royalee To fully appreciate what Madejski has gained from RFC, you must also look at his knighthood, his honorary degree, several other awards which he wouldn't have been able to attain with such ease otherwise, and of course his celebrity persona. Now there is nothing left for him to gain personally, he's pulled the plug.

just shut up you credabilityless moron

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 18 Dec 2009 14:19

Royalee
SWLR You need a screw loose to own a footbal club.

We're not Southhampton,
We're just so lucky that
Madejski is our owner.

That is all.

We'll become them soon enough.

Only if we drive Mr Mad out - better the devil you know and all that

Elmer Park

by Elmer Park » 18 Dec 2009 14:48

I am no apologist for Mr Madejski and I think the best thing for the Club would be if he were to find a reputable buyer but I don't understand what would be gained by him resigning as Chairman, as some people have called for, until or unless he ever manages to do that. Let's not forget he has a huge amount of money owed to him by the Club and Holding Company so we cannot afford him to do a Watford style Russo. Unfortunately he is not only the Club Chairman, he is also the Owner holding almost all the shares in the Club so I am almost certain he will be remaining Chairman until he can sell his entire interest in the Club whether we like it or not.

He has been good for the Club and the stadium will be his lasting legacy but the Club has been good for him as well. It is a shame he hasn't yet been able to find a buyer he thinks suitable as it would have been nice for him to bow out whilst he still felt he could show his face on the pitch before the matches.

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 18 Dec 2009 16:47

FiNeRaIn Get our of our club
Ger out of our clubbbbbbb
You greedy toff bastard
Get out of our club

lol.

If you feel that strongly go and tell him yourself. They will ALL be in Goring & Streatley Golf Club from 8pm. Him, and all the rest of the non-playing staff.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 18 Dec 2009 16:52

Sacking Rodgers gets the desired PR that he obviously craves

The club is so off the radar now after the successes, and he is desperate in whatever way to get it back into vogue - after all he desperately wants to sell (yeah right!()

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 18 Dec 2009 18:58

My wife hates football but heard SJM's interview on BBCRB today. She said that it's the biggest load of bullshit she has ever heard. Total failure to answer questions with a direct answer. That is all.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 18 Dec 2009 18:59

Terminal Boardom My wife hates football but heard SJM's interview on BBCRB today. She said that it's the biggest load of bullshit she has ever heard. Total failure to answer questions with a direct answer. That is all.

LOL if you didn't think that SJM went out there with set answers regardless of the questions.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Dec 2009 20:33

In my simplistic world

You hire someone

you have to sack them after 6 months

YOU have fii3ked up

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 18 Dec 2009 21:26

winchester_royal
Terminal Boardom My wife hates football but heard SJM's interview on BBCRB today. She said that it's the biggest load of bullshit she has ever heard. Total failure to answer questions with a direct answer. That is all.

LOL if you didn't think that SJM went out there with set answers regardless of the questions.

Let me try this again...
My wife hates football
HTH

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 18 Dec 2009 22:04

lol

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 18 Dec 2009 22:45

Even on the clubs website he avoids the embarrassing question of " did he pay the price for lack of investment" Mad man avoided question because he is guilty by saying BR lovely bloke shame shame and more bollocks :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 18 Dec 2009 23:22

strap Perhaps there's a bigger picture here Tamworth. The hotel cost c £17M to build (well that's the Chairman's loan outstanding on it anyway). It is owned 100% by the football club. It brings in currently £500K after tax profit annually. I think we can all agree that to survive football clubs need alternative income streams to supplement gate receipts etc.

So on the one hand, the club could have spent £17M on players who have a limited shelf life and who's value eventually dwindles to zero, or you invest £17M in a tangible asset that will retain its value to a large degree, and provide you with a handy annual income. Yes the £17M of players may have kept us in teh Prem or got us there aearlier, and we may have benefited from increased Sky revenue, but the risk of the return would have been far too high. A more staid, sensible investment in the hotel will probably prove of far better value in the long run.

I have been one of Madejski's biggest critics over many things he has or hasn't done over the years, but in this instance I feel he has brought his not inconsiderable business acumen to bear very positively.

Sorry Strap can’t see where you coming Mate, the cost of a £17m Hotel making £500k a year that’s 34 years to make a profit, add to the £17m over 34 years repairs, refurbishment (Most hotels need total overalls after 5 years) then your adding years and years to the 34 years break even.

However the Premier League offers £30m minimum cash guaranteed every season( Christ knows how much 30 years on SKY will be paying, )…………sorry can’t see why an Ivory towers Chairman’s room / Hotel is a good investment.
Instant TV Revenue V Joe public Hotel room rates …………naaaaaaa

188 posts