Stoke fan here fellas

144 posts
AmazingMan

Re: Stoke fan here fellas

by AmazingMan » 13 Aug 2012 14:06

too many stoke fans on this forum

what the eff has this site become - a guest blog for deluded fans of other teams?

sort it out for god's sake, you would think our small but dedicated hooligane element would transfer to the online environment but we are a soft touch and let these loonies spout off any old garbafe defaming our club

pitiful

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 13 Aug 2012 17:37

AmazingMan I apologise if I have offended the mighty Reading fanbase in some way, and for my, on re-reading my post, somewhat patronising tone. Successful well-run clubs should show grace and understanding with those clubs that have failed miserably in those very regards.

Some would suggest that it's unsurprising that you lot are more vocal behind the safety of a keyboard than in the flesh but I won't comment on that, there's a lot to be said for a placid support = family-friendly, hooliganism unlikely to emerge, women fans not alienated. And forgive me but despite the decibel levels at our stadium in danger of knocking nearby buildings the more casual football fan can feel a little bit alienated by the nature and intensity of the hot-blooded support for my team, so I accept we are not perfect.

I want Reading to survive and you may dismiss this thought as negative and provocative, but on the contrary I feel I am being sensitive to the very real danger your club faces. Small provincial clubs are the lifeblood of the football league and despite your meagre following and lack of any real success you do have a long history. The neutral fan will always cheer the likes of your club, cheering them on to giantkilling exploits (however unlikely) against the likes of ourselves. That you deal in yearning, nostalgia and butterness is a measure of how far you have fallen. I hope my wishes for your descent to be slowed are accepted in the genuine good grace they are offered. Football needs the Accrington Stanleys and Readings of this world. I salute your very existence (despite how tenuous it may be).

How has the sport of aubergining caught on in your part of the United Kingdom?

I'd be interested to know.

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 13 Aug 2012 21:07

AmazingMan I apologise if I have offended the mighty Reading fanbase in some way, and for my, on re-reading my post, somewhat patronising tone. Successful well-run clubs should show grace and understanding with those clubs that have failed miserably in those very regards.

Some would suggest that it's unsurprising that you lot are more vocal behind the safety of a keyboard than in the flesh but I won't comment on that, there's a lot to be said for a placid support = family-friendly, hooliganism unlikely to emerge, women fans not alienated. And forgive me but despite the decibel levels at our stadium in danger of knocking nearby buildings the more casual football fan can feel a little bit alienated by the nature and intensity of the hot-blooded support for my team, so I accept we are not perfect.

I want Reading to survive and you may dismiss this thought as negative and provocative, but on the contrary I feel I am being sensitive to the very real danger your club faces. Small provincial clubs are the lifeblood of the football league and despite your meagre following and lack of any real success you do have a long history. The neutral fan will always cheer the likes of your club, cheering them on to giantkilling exploits (however unlikely) against the likes of ourselves. That you deal in yearning, nostalgia and butterness is a measure of how far you have fallen. I hope my wishes for your descent to be slowed are accepted in the genuine good grace they are offered. Football needs the Accrington Stanleys and Readings of this world. I salute your very existence (despite how tenuous it may be).

LMFAO. Stoke aren't anywhere near a big club. In fact these two clubs are as much of a muchness. There's little between the two.

Your bubble is close to bursting, and when it does, remember - women and children first...

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 13 Aug 2012 23:45

Ian Herring

How has the sport of aubergining caught on in your part of the United Kingdom?

I'd be interested to know.

Herring they still use the coil in Stoke so i doubt the tickling of ones prosate will catch on until 3075

144 posts