Back from the Game: West Bromwich Albion

154 posts
Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from the Game: West Bromwich Albion

by Royalwaster » 29 Mar 2010 10:41

Agree - and you forgot to mention that look on his face! He always had the same look. The smiling assassin!

Thomas L'Heureux
Hob Nob Regular

by Thomas L'Heureux » 29 Mar 2010 10:49

Royalwaster Agree - and you forgot to mention that look on his face! He always had the same look. The smiling assassin!

Haha, yeah definitely. Made the whole thing even more fantastic.

But like I said, Sig's foul on Saturday is very similar because both he and Solskjaer paint lovable pictures of themselves. Both play the nice guy and both are arguably liked (or at least torelated) by the opposition's fans. The beauty of it though is that neither of them have a problem in sacrificing themselves for the sake of their respective team's result as, as has been said, Sig clearly felt he was going off.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 29 Mar 2010 10:52

Royalwaster
10539.4 Miles Away Obviously not back from the game, but I had to add that Sig's foul at the end was cynical, unsportsman like and truly brilliant. We would have been livid if it had been against us, watching the highlights you can see he took a second to think about it and then chopped him down. Think Sig himself expected a red for it as well.

Totally agree - I am sure the Sig thought he was off; looked surprised when it was just a yellow. There was sort of a covering player but the WBA player (Dorran?) was heading straight for the Fed and I think would have got a shot off before he reached him - on top of that it was a really chopping tackle, not even just a little trip. It was right through the legs ... nice one!

We were lording it in West Upper for a change so were right over this, and I was shouting "don't foul him!" because I was sure that our guy (Zurab?) was going to get across. So I guess that's why the Sig stayed on. WBA should be pleased really, because that means he'll get to play against Newcastle.

Dorrans was their most disappointing player, I thought, although clearly a man with talent.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 29 Mar 2010 10:56

Sigurdsson's tackle was exactly the kind of thing that the red card introduced for and although there were other defenders in the general area I didn't think they were going to get close to preventing a shot.

Fair play for getting away with it!

JC
Hob Nob Regular

by JC » 29 Mar 2010 14:51

The thing that really annoys me about the Player highlights is that they show virtually every WBA attack of note and omit all of ours. Somebody watching those highlights would wonder why so many people voted Scott Carson as MOTM when they did not show a single save. I e-mailed the club yesterday about it but I am not holding my breath.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 29 Mar 2010 18:10

Particularly in the first half I thought the lads were superb on Saturday. I can't remember the last time that I waited in the concourse access to carry on watching instead of cracking on for the half time beer.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Mar 2010 18:14

JC The thing that really annoys me about the Player highlights is that they show virtually every WBA attack of note and omit all of ours. Somebody watching those highlights would wonder why so many people voted Scott Carson as MOTM when they did not show a single save. I e-mailed the club yesterday about it but I am not holding my breath.

I suspect the highlights are put together by someone outside the club, whoever owns Player probably... or possibly they're the extended BBC highlights...

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 29 Mar 2010 19:11

Hoop Blah Sigurdsson's tackle was exactly the kind of thing that the red card introduced for and although there were other defenders in the general area I didn't think they were going to get close to preventing a shot.

Fair play for getting away with it!

I was right in line with the tackle and my first thought was that he was undoubtedly off - there is no way Khiz would have got across. I was astounded that the ref bottled it - but very pleased.

JC
Hob Nob Regular

by JC » 29 Mar 2010 20:11

Ian Royal
JC The thing that really annoys me about the Player highlights is that they show virtually every WBA attack of note and omit all of ours. Somebody watching those highlights would wonder why so many people voted Scott Carson as MOTM when they did not show a single save. I e-mailed the club yesterday about it but I am not holding my breath.

I suspect the highlights are put together by someone outside the club, whoever owns Player probably... or possibly they're the extended BBC highlights...

You win the prize. I have had a reply and this is what it said

"We can confirm that the videos are provided by a third party and therefore we do not have any control over the highlights that are supplied. We will however, pass your comments onto the Account Management team for the service.

Best regards
Customer Services "

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 29 Mar 2010 20:48

JC
Ian Royal

"We can confirm that the videos are provided by a third party and therefore we do not have any control over the highlights that are supplied. We will however, pass your comments onto the Account Management team for the service.

Best regards
Customer Services "

Ever get the feeling you've been cheated? I suppose this explains why I have never had the urge to subscribe to Reading World or whatever it is called.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 29 Mar 2010 21:33

I'm not overly fussed what the TV shows or not as I prefer what I see at the game itself and highlights are never going to truely reflect a game. There were some glaring ommissions from this weekends game though.

What did anyone expect on the highlights package though? The whole website is a standard template uses throughout the league and clubs don't have the resources to all that stuff themselves.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Mar 2010 22:39

JC
Ian Royal

Best regards
Customer Services "

Elementary.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 30 Mar 2010 01:51

Terminal Boardom
JC
Ian Royal

Best regards
Customer Services "

Ever get the feeling you've been cheated? I suppose this explains why I have never had the urge to subscribe to Reading World or whatever it is called.

Maybe this is a topic for a new thread but the quality of Reading World really has gone down hill. For us exiles, who have no access to BBC highlights Reading Player and the website is often the only way we'll see highlights.

Earlier in the season we had good 10 min extended highlights packages that would turn up a day or two after the stock standard Championship issue ones, the line they give (not in our control...) is not really good enough, away games having limited highlights I'll accept but a home game! No excuse. The only thing I can guess, and I stress it is a guess, is that the PR team suffered from the same cloth cutting as the team and hence they don't have as much time / manpower available to do a decent highlights package. Shame really.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 30 Mar 2010 07:59

CMRoyal So I guess that's why the Sig stayed on. WBA should be pleased really, because that means he'll get to play against Newcastle.

One match ban my friend, not three. And he would have played against them anyway if it was a three-match ban - Ipswich, Coventry, and Cardiff between then and now...

154 posts