Back from the game....... I really hate geordies

144 posts
brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Back from the game....... I really hate geordies

by brendywendy » 16 Apr 2010 10:55

Ian Royal You can expect your defenders to get the basics right and need to be undone by very good movement, or simply being beaten to the ball or have great shots.

Not strikers unmarked in the box, or falling over, being turned easily, or getting caught in no man's land.

not when they arent defenders and have stepped in to cover our three injured/suspended CBs

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 16 Apr 2010 11:59

4th and 6th choice centre backs will make mistakes... that's why they are 4th and 6th choice.

That said, I thought they did pretty well.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 16 Apr 2010 13:19

floyd__streete
Ian Royal Having now watched the highlights I think Gunnarsson was at least partially at fault for virtually all their goals / clear chances.

Goal one way to weak and falls over letting Ameobi flick the ball on. Don't think Pearce does anything wrong, he's just not quite quick enough to get a block in. Perhaps Fed could have done better to save across him.

Sorry Ian old son, but can't agree. Having seen it again myself there is a case for a foul against Gunnarsson, Ameobi has his arm across him. The ball drops for Nolan back to goal and he still manages to totally rinse dear old flat-footed Pearcey and then the goalkeeping from Federici is absolutely rankerous. In terms of fault for the goal, A Fed -> Pearce -> Bryn in descending order of blame.

As for the second goal - it is Pearce who loses Nolan in the first instance. So you're talking a load of absolute mince in all honesty 8) .

My initial reaction was a big goalkeeping error
Seeing the highlights I think the shot was better than I realised at the time but Fed should still have saved it
So +1

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 16 Apr 2010 16:05

Personally, I believe the Ameobi challenge was no better than the sending off offence in this game: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8621376.stm

144 posts