Rival Watch

17461 posts
Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rival Watch

by Mr Optimist » 04 Sep 2022 15:58

tidus_mi2 how nice it is to see West Brom, Stoke and Cardiff languishing in the bottom half. Hope Swift, Laurent and Rinomohta are happy with their decisions.

Yes it's early days still but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Their bank balances will be happy with their decisions though. I’m sure all three would still be here if we’d been able to match the salaries I imagine they are now earning at their new clubs that we are not in a position to be able to match at the moment.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Sep 2022 16:02

Hudders losing again. Home to Blackpool - that’d be a shocker

Think they’re in real trouble

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Sep 2022 16:27

Could be 11 ahead of Hudders and 14 ahead of Cov (obv both have games in hand) after today

Lot of points to make up already

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 04 Sep 2022 16:47

Pepe the Horseman
Jackson Corner Might as well just give the title to Norwich now, five straight comfortable wins it’s really hard to see how anybody can touch them even in the early days, and the top six will be made up of Watford Burnley Sheffield United Bristol City and West Brom.

I expect they'll comfortably beat the points record too.

They've already lost 2 games in 8 and drawn 1. There's already no chance they'll beat the record.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 04 Sep 2022 16:55

Hound Could be 11 ahead of Hudders and 14 ahead of Cov (obv both have games in hand) after today

Having watched us lose 4-0 at Huddersfield last season, I’d love to go back and see us actually turn up there but got a long wait as it’s the last game of the season!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Sep 2022 17:28

skipper
Pepe the Horseman
Jackson Corner Might as well just give the title to Norwich now, five straight comfortable wins it’s really hard to see how anybody can touch them even in the early days, and the top six will be made up of Watford Burnley Sheffield United Bristol City and West Brom.

I expect they'll comfortably beat the points record too.

They've already lost 2 games in 8 and drawn 1. There's already no chance they'll beat the record.

I think Pepe was taking the piss.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 04 Sep 2022 17:32

Hound Could be 11 ahead of Hudders and 14 ahead of Cov (obv both have games in hand) after today

I genuinely think Coventry could be in some real trouble this season if they don't begin to pick up some points soon. All well and good having games in hand but they are already 7 off safety and if they can't get out of the rut in the next 4-6 weeks, they may be there to stay.

Still early days though and not much panic yet but if it doesn't pick up for them soon, they could be in danger come the back end of the season.

Huddersfield will need to change their manager if they are to stop up.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 04 Sep 2022 17:55

Took us until October 2nd to get to 15 points last season
#justsayin

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Sep 2022 17:56

Franchise FC Took us until October 2nd to get to 15 points last season
#justsayin

......and we then lost 6 of those points.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 04 Sep 2022 17:59

Zip
#justsayin

Bugger, hadn’t considered that bit

So, 6th November

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Sep 2022 07:48

Mr Optimist

Having watched us lose 4-0 at Huddersfield last season, I’d love to go back and see us actually turn up there but got a long wait as it’s the last game of the season!

Just as well given the previous visits to the Yorkshire counties so far, hope there’s nothing riding on the game then.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 05 Sep 2022 10:56

Franchise FC
Zip
#justsayin

Bugger, hadn’t considered that bit

So, 6th November

plus this season started earlier than usual, in July.

Give up, Franchiserz

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Sep 2022 11:06

tidus_mi2 how nice it is to see West Brom, Stoke and Cardiff languishing in the bottom half. Hope Swift, Laurent and Rinomohta are happy with their decisions.

Watching Swift on Friday gave a good reminder of what we do/don’t miss from him. Quality cross at the end for the equaliser but for the rest of the game, did his usual thing of wandering around the pitch, dropping too deep and hence disrupting the shape of the side. He seems incapable of sticking to his position

From what’s been said, West Brom have either been very good or very flat in games so far this season and with Swift as the heartbeat of the team, it sounds about right. T Ince doesn’t quite have the individual pieces of quality that Swift does but he’s certainly a better overall fit for the team

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Sep 2022 11:07

Hound Hudders losing again. Home to Blackpool - that’d be a shocker

I think we know why Corberan resigned, was one step ahead of the game

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Sep 2022 11:09

windermereROYAL Norwich top, some things never change.

Tbf they’ve had an easier run in compared to most teams

Early stages of course but they play the rest of the top 6 in their next 9 games

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 05 Sep 2022 11:59

URZZZZ
Hound Hudders losing again. Home to Blackpool - that’d be a shocker

I think we know why Corberan resigned, was one step ahead of the game

He was having the rug pulled from under his feet with a number of key players from the previous play-off season going or on their way…Sinani, Toffolo, O’Brien, and was probably told he would get little in way of funds to replace them and would be looking at League 1 for replacements, and thought sod that.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 05 Sep 2022 12:09

URZZZZ
windermereROYAL Norwich top, some things never change.

Tbf they’ve had an easier run in compared to most teams

Early stages of course but they play the rest of the top 6 in their next 9 games

I appreciate it’s not the whole game, but they looked proper quality in the highlights against Cov. Really well worked goals. Looked dodgy at the back though.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 05 Sep 2022 12:27

Does anyone know if any of our rivals are at risk of breaching FFP this season and therefore being issued a points reduction?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 Sep 2022 12:33

morganb Does anyone know if any of our rivals are at risk of breaching FFP this season and therefore being issued a points reduction?

At this point I would be postponing any hope of points deductions as we’re unlikely to benefit from them

After a 10 game winless run, however…

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Sep 2022 13:50

URZZZZ

Watching Swift on Friday gave a good reminder of what we do/don’t miss from him. Quality cross at the end for the equaliser but for the rest of the game, did his usual thing of wandering around the pitch, dropping too deep and hence disrupting the shape of the side. He seems incapable of sticking to his position

From what’s been said, West Brom have either been very good or very flat in games so far this season and with Swift as the heartbeat of the team, it sounds about right. T Ince doesn’t quite have the individual pieces of quality that Swift does but he’s certainly a better overall fit for the team

Yep, we’re a better ‘team’ without him. Also noted how slow he looked on occasions - not just the actual ‘running’ bit, but the awareness to get back or press

17461 posts