Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by Hoop Blah » 26 Jan 2012 11:57

What about not taking the Inter-Toto route? Or the fact (well at least the one put forward by his assistant manager) that Coppell didn't actually want us to. Like I said, not sure how that might've ultimately influenced things, but we had the chance and didn't take it.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 26 Jan 2012 12:03

I agree that we didn't apply for the Intertoto btu that was a very wise decision, you don't want to start your season that early and maybe still not end up in europe. Coppell not being keen on getting into europe =/= we didn't chase 7th

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Jan 2012 12:08

I don't know where else to put this, so forgive me - but, is Roberts a loan or have we bought him? Is it right we've got Tomasz on a free? How much is Karleigh "Girl's name" Osborne going to cost us? :|

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 26 Jan 2012 12:11

Royal Lady I don't know where else to put this, so forgive me - but, is Roberts a loan or have we bought him? Is it right we've got Tomasz on a free? How much is Karleigh "Girl's name" Osborne going to cost us? :|

You'll find out shortly. No-one here can tell you.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 26 Jan 2012 12:12

Royal Lady I don't know where else to put this, so forgive me - but, is Roberts a loan or have we bought him? Is it right we've got Tomasz on a free? How much is Karleigh "Girl's name" Osborne going to cost us? :|

Bought him
No
About £1.3m

:|

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Jan 2012 12:13

Oh I see. I thought the fees had already been mentioned. My bad. If Roberts is a loan til end of season, I doubt we've actually spent much money on getting them here though - I presume Roberts' wages take up the bulk of the money given by TSI.

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 26 Jan 2012 12:40

Royal Lady Oh I see. I thought the fees had already been mentioned. My bad. If Roberts is a loan til end of season, I doubt we've actually spent much money on getting them here though - I presume Roberts' wages take up the bulk of the money given by TSI.

I doubt very much if Blackburn were paying him more than 20k a week, but if we pick up the full tab then there's £500,000 plus any loan fee to Blackburn.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Jan 2012 12:54

Dare to Dr£am
Royal Lady Oh I see. I thought the fees had already been mentioned. My bad. If Roberts is a loan til end of season, I doubt we've actually spent much money on getting them here though - I presume Roberts' wages take up the bulk of the money given by TSI.

I doubt very much if Blackburn were paying him more than 20k a week, but if we pick up the full tab then there's £500,000 plus any loan fee to Blackburn.

I suppose what I am getting at is that we've not actually spent much money at all on these 3 - should we get them all - so it's not like TSI are being generous....

johnnym

by johnnym » 26 Jan 2012 12:57

Royal Lady
Dare to Dr£am

I suppose what I am getting at is that we've not actually spent much money at all on these 3 - should we get them all - so it's not like TSI are being generous....

TSI said they gave Brian what he asked for. That is just about as generous as you could/should be tbf

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Jan 2012 13:00

Yes - fair comment actually.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 26 Jan 2012 13:01

Royal Lady
Dare to Dr£am

Considering they don't have any stake in the club right now seems to me it's pretty generous to provide anything at all.

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 26 Jan 2012 13:02

Royal Lady
Dare to Dr£am

They haven't actually bought the club yet, so this could just be money down the drain for them, which in my mind makes it very generous.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 26 Jan 2012 13:04

johnnym TSI said they gave Brian what he asked for. That is just about as generous as you could/should be tbf

Sounds like he should've asked for more!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Jan 2012 13:07

Yes I know they haven't bought the shares yet - but one has to assume that they will be owning 51% within weeks - and much appears to have been made of the "giving Brian money" angle - I'm just saying, it isn't actually very much really! Not to say that it's not good or anything - as SJM obviously wouldn't have given him it anyway.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 26 Jan 2012 13:11

Maybe they 'gave us' £2-3M for Sharp/Rhodes or any other un-named target but we haven't been able to strike a deal.

johnnym

by johnnym » 26 Jan 2012 13:13

Royal Lady Yes I know they haven't bought the shares yet - but one has to assume that they will be owning 51% within weeks - and much appears to have been made of the "giving Brian money" angle - I'm just saying, it isn't actually very much really! Not to say that it's not good or anything - as SJM obviously wouldn't have given him it anyway.

as per Hoop Blah, this is B McD's spend so any issues with it should really be addressed to him. He gave them a shopping list, they said yes.

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 26 Jan 2012 13:28

Royal Lady Yes I know they haven't bought the shares yet - but one has to assume that they will be owning 51% within weeks - and much appears to have been made of the "giving Brian money" angle - I'm just saying, it isn't actually very much really! Not to say that it's not good or anything - as SJM obviously wouldn't have given him it anyway.

It kinda feels that way, but it's not actually that uncommon for takeover deals to fail at due diligence stage. There's no way Madejski would say/ be able to say that he'll pay back their investment in players if it doesn't go through, so it's really unlikely they'd put say £5m at risk right now. They also seem to be a bit more prudent, which might mean they think that rushing in a load of expensive players now might not work... January signings don't always succeed, and planning on a longer timescale, i.e. up to summer, could produce better results, even if does lead to another season in El Championship.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 26 Jan 2012 13:37

Roberts, Cywka, Osbourne; this Russian money has come in handy. Now we can buy three times as much SH|T in the transfer window.

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 26 Jan 2012 13:40

Extended-Phenotype Roberts, Cywka, Osbourne; this Russian money has come in handy. Now we can buy three times as much SH|T in the transfer window.

Racist.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 26 Jan 2012 13:40

Royal Lady
Dare to Dr£am

"Limited funds"

plus id say giving any ammount over a million quid for fees and wages to a football club you dont own yet is "quite" generous

5145 posts