8685 posts
CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Buyout

by CholseyRoyal » 10 Jan 2014 16:31

Royal Lady
jellytot
SPARTA Adkins has suggested money is there to do business even without any takeover being completed. Charles Watts will put the story up shortly. Shake a leg, Hammond!

Hammond shakes a leg and out pops from his pocket 10 pence and an old looking fiver. He then spends 3 days worrying whether to spend the money or not on the transfer window. After counselling, soul searching and sleepless nights he decides to put the fiver back in his pocket and spend the 10 pence on the our transfer budget. He thought about throwing in a packet of M & M's into the kitty too but decided against it after concerns that it might be a little indulgent.

Like Coppell and McDermott before him, agreeing that there was money to spend - I always used to say it could be £150 but it won't get you very far - having money to spend and having "enough money to spend" are two totally different things....and it sounds from Charles Watt's tweets that there will be no money available until someone has taken us over. :cry:

Well said RL, sadly you may be spot on.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Jan 2014 17:25

Isn't it oxf*rd obvious that without investment we can raise funds and do some business. With investment we get more funds and can do better business. So we're waiting to see which it is. It'd be daft to raise money now and bring in a couple of decent playeers now. When we might be able to get better targets later.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 10 Jan 2014 19:04

Latest from getreading is that no funds available without a buyout. Suggest that these '"Alternative funds" in the case no buyout is completed in time would be secured by selling players. Won't come as a major surprise to our fans and if that is the case we can expect between 10-20% of what we bring in to be made available to the manager.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 10 Jan 2014 19:05

Charles watt 's tweeted that NA doesn't expect to do any business in transfer window unless takeover has happened.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 10 Jan 2014 19:08

Extended-Phenotype
Royal Lady Like Coppell and McDermott before him, agreeing that there was money to spend - I always used to say it could be £150 but it won't get you very far - having money to spend and having "enough money to spend" are two totally different things....and it sounds from Charles Watt's tweets that there will be no money available until someone has taken us over. :cry:

Really? I was getting all excited by the article saying that part of any handshake would be a January advance?

If the Heads of Terms are signed which signifies intent to buy (like a contract, but not completion in buying a house) then there is a chance that we can get some cash 'upfront'

More likely the sale of McCarthy will fund a Sharp and Baird, with a couple of young ones stepping up from our academy - you know the one that gave us Jem, McCarthy, Taylor and Obita

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 10 Jan 2014 19:14

Royal Lady Charles watt 's tweeted that NA doesn't expect to do any business in transfer window unless takeover has happened.

So if the takeover doesn't happen we shall be without Baird, contract up this month I believe and Billy Sharp, loan expired.

1871 not 1998

by 1871 not 1998 » 10 Jan 2014 19:44

Royal Lady Charles watt 's tweeted that NA doesn't expect to do any business in transfer window unless takeover has happened.

Matthew ‏@maffff 46m
Despite what Adkins says publicly he has agreed deals to sign Sharp and a defensive midfielder as soon as funding is secured #readingfc

If that defensive midfielder isn't Chris Baird, and if it was I expect Matthew to have said so, then it sounds like either Baird isn't getting a new deal, or Akpan may be off this month and we will bring Baird and A.Nother in. I'd be happier with the latter. Akpan has a lot of developing to do before he's good enough at this level.

Mr. Reading

by Mr. Reading » 10 Jan 2014 20:18

Dave-Royal I here it will be a done deal by 16 jan,? this USA man own a NFL football team
he worth, 2 billion dollars but is that 1.5 billion in pounds in our money , ?

and we can buy player too, but I don't think Nigel Adkins is the right manager for reading ?

Seems legit.

Struggle Pig

by Struggle Pig » 11 Jan 2014 00:44

Dave-Royal @ mr reading... seem legit ?

I think the ownership from our new investment is coming very close to reading Fc
and I hope it the man from USA will take full control, but we can't keep getting poor results.
I be watching reading for long time. and we are poor under Adkins , we have to get new manager Now, as soon as possible
we need to Invest this month, or we will be in trouble losing our best player, and drop to bottom half soon
but we will stay in championship this season. get new owner in now new manager and some good player we still might get play off spot. with Nigel Adkins we will finish around 17th

I what reading Fc to be a premier league club not with Nigel Adkins affair !!!

I have just had to read this twice, as the language and grammar is quite appalling. No offence meant Dave-Royal, it was just difficult to read. Do you speak like this, or are you a teenager and this is how da kidz speak now innit, ya know wot I meanz?

I disagree about Adkins, I really do believe that given time, he can lead us to success. As he did at Bangor, Southampton and and to a lesser extent Scunthorpe (he did do really well for them considering).

We are playing terrible football at the moment, but let's judge Adkins and his team after a couple of transfer windows when he has the players he wants, not the players he has inherited that are currently struggling with a different way of playing football, to what they have been playing for many years now.

Play offs I thought should have been a minimum at the start of the season, but now, who knows? With the buyout anything could still be a possibility, depending on what funds and which players will be available. This is still the league where anyone can beat anyone and a winning run of 6 or 7 games puts you back in the automatic spots.

The club is in a transition, again. Let's not make it worse by sacking one of the better managers in the football league. That would only make matters worse.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 11 Jan 2014 00:50

1871 not 1998 Akpan has a lot of developing to do before he's good enough at this level.

Yes, I would imagine it would take a long time for him to grow old, die and be reincarnated as a good footballer

jellytot

by jellytot » 11 Jan 2014 09:47

Dave-Royal sorry struggle pig you are wrong. Adkins is not a manager for reading Fc sorry. he awful

What are you Chinese or something? 'He awful' what is that?

NA is the RFC manager and he is the right man for RFC. The club is changing. We are trying to change from a whack it and run culture to a passing style. Sadly we do not have the right playing staff at the moment. Hopefully, if we get new ownership they will back him properly so we can get the dummies out and players in we need. We have played pretty depressing football for a long time. If the takeover goes through hopefully that will change. If not then it will be pretty depressing.

No buyout means I think we need 60 points to avoid the drop. Just in case of administration.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 11 Jan 2014 10:42

No1ReadingFan is back - or whatever his name was.

jellytot

by jellytot » 11 Jan 2014 11:26

Dave-Royal Adkins will never last at reading. jellyfish when the new owner come NA will be gone for good...if this USA man done deal
and there a new manager come !! you just watch.

I think the new owners will be making a mistake if they do that plus I would feel sorry for NA after what Saints did to him too. He deserves the chance to be backed by the new owners. We shall see if the new owners are willing to spend or will be tight again.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 11 Jan 2014 13:38

Dave-Royal @ mr reading... seem legit ?

I think the ownership from our new investment is coming very close to reading Fc
and I hope it the man from USA will take full control, but we can't keep getting poor results.
I be watching reading for long time. and we are poor under Adkins , we have to get new manager Now, as soon as possible
we need to Invest this month, or we will be in trouble losing our best player, and drop to bottom half soon
but we will stay in championship this season. get new owner in now new manager and some good player we still might get play off spot. with Nigel Adkins we will finish around 17th

I what reading Fc to be a premier league club not with Nigel Adkins affair !!!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Jan 2014 13:45

Terminal Boardom No1ReadingFan is back - or whatever his name was.

1teaminberks

Working with the public every day, I can't tell if he's genuinely stupid, has genuine mental health or learning problems, or is just putting it on for some weird trolling pleasure.

One of which is infinitely more depressing. Even though the others are a sign of how terribly society serves those who need a little more help and care.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 11 Jan 2014 14:42

Ian Royal
Terminal Boardom No1ReadingFan is back - or whatever his name was.

1teaminberks

Working with the public every day, I can't tell if he's genuinely stupid, has genuine mental health or learning problems, or is just putting it on for some weird trolling pleasure.

One of which is infinitely more depressing. Even though the others are a sign of how terribly society serves those who need a little more help and care.

Indeed it is a problem when someone like 1burkinberkshire posts on here because you want to slag them off because you assume that they must be wind up merchants but there is the slight worry that they might be genuinely spasticated.

1871 not 1998

by 1871 not 1998 » 11 Jan 2014 14:49

Tim Dellor "A senor source at the club has no update on the takeover but did say 'we need to get a shifty on'."

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 11 Jan 2014 15:14

1871 not 1998 Tim Dellor "A senor source at the club has no update on the takeover but did say 'we need to get a shifty on'."

Arriba!

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 11 Jan 2014 16:13

Not sure who the deal has been agreed with yet but it's all done, and the manager and players were told before the game.

wally bassoon

by wally bassoon » 11 Jan 2014 17:12

Royal Lady
Dave-Royal I here it will be a done deal by 16 jan,? this USA man own a NFL football team
he worth, 2 billion dollars but is that 1.5 billion in pounds in our money , ?

and we can buy player too, but I don't think Nigel Adkins is the right manager for reading ?

Dave-Royal - do you talk like this in real life?

:lol: :D

8685 posts