demonstration

205 posts
parky
Hob Nob Regular

Re: demonstration

by parky » 03 Sep 2010 22:05

How does boycotting games help the lack of investment in the club surely you should spend more money go to games create an atmosphere support the players and then encourage more people to come to games, more people/more support = more money = better performances = premiership football = investment = relegation = more moaning

On second thoughts maybe mid-table mediocrity in the championship is a good thing.

sheshnu

by sheshnu » 04 Sep 2010 00:30

parky On second thoughts maybe mid-table mediocrity in the championship is a good thing.

Better than most of the other 130-odd years of 'hurt'. For that reason, I'm IN

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 04 Sep 2010 00:58

jonboy29red i think its time the hiearchy of this club were told exactly how we fell about em !!!!!

Mildly clap whist eating a sandwich?

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 04 Sep 2010 12:50

Silver Fox
Arch
andrew1957 Why did the club have no choice. He was under contact and seems to have had no desire to go. The club have pushed him out from all the reports I have read.

Gylfi If I'd stayed, it probably would have been for the wrong reasons - I was in the team, I was settled, but I wanted this new challenge... The Club were fair to me and said that if they got the right offer they wouldn't stand in my way, and I would have been silly to say no to this, even though I loved everything about Reading

It was his choice and he could have chosen to stay. That's what contracts are about. No please stop all this incontinent rage and weeping over how angry you are. Pull yourself together. You're making yourself look like a total ponce.

End of thread

Dream on!

Certain people will view what Gylfi said as part of the conspiracy - the conspiracy that Mr Mad is REALLY A SWIND*N FAN!!!!!!!

:o

To be honest, if those who want to protest over the transfer want to have a genuine focus, then they should be burning effigies of Gylfi for DARING to leave our club.

:lol:

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 04 Sep 2010 13:21

Qute frankly, either do something or STFU. Instead of hiding behind keyboards trying to score points off people you may have never met - nor likely want to, do something.

On my part, I will not go the Mad Stad until the ego has gone. My choice, my decision. THAT is my demonstration. Why should the customers pay for a product that the owner of said company providing said product does not invest in?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 04 Sep 2010 13:30

Terminal Boardom Qute frankly, either do something or STFU. Instead of hiding behind keyboards trying to score points off people you may have never met - nor likely want to, do something.

On my part, I will not go the Mad Stad until the ego has gone. My choice, my decision. THAT is my demonstration. Why should the customers pay for a product that the owner of said company providing said product does not invest in?

Same here although not as extreme.

Not getting a season ticket for sure.

And will have a lower threshold for "not being arsed" to spend my very hard earned cash (and time) lining Madejski's pocket by watching Reading.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 04 Sep 2010 20:12

Terminal Boardom Qute frankly, either do something or STFU. Instead of hiding behind keyboards trying to score points off people you may have never met - nor likely want to, do something.

:| Why do people shop at going-out-of-business sales?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 04 Sep 2010 21:10

Terminal Boardom Why should the customers pay for a product that the owner of said company providing said product does not invest in?

Well the customers of the company I work for pay for their products and the owners do not invest any money. The money that is invested comes from profits (which in simple terms is the revenue less all the costs). As RFC does not make any profit (and yes it did in the Premiership but that was used to pay back debts) then there is nothing to invest.

Why should Madejski invest his OWN personal money into RFC? He has no obligation to and I really can't understand why fans demand it.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 04 Sep 2010 21:25

Wycombe Royal
Terminal Boardom (and yes it did in the Premiership but that was used to pay back debts.

JM explained very clearly that despite showing a profit in the 2 Premier seasons it was in fact a loss on both seasons.

Taking into account all other revenue, but before transfer activity, in our two Premier League years we made an operating profit of £6,300,000 then £7,000,000 respectively. That money was reinvested on two fronts - £10,600,000 on player transfers, and a further £7,450,000 on club infrastructure. Therefore, we came out of our two seasons in the Premier League with a deficit of £4,750,000.

So £2mill on the media centre and £5mill elsewhere, thats lot of Mills. Anyone seen a further £5mills of infrastructure anywhere???

Looking at money spent when in the Prem that £10.6 millions seems to include the purchase of Halford, but not his sale, so can we lop £2.5Mill off that figure.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 04 Sep 2010 23:48

what a jm crock ^

lets strike

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 05 Sep 2010 01:15

I can still remember those slitting their wrists at the likes of Caskey and Cureton leaving before we assembled the squad that still hold the league record and gave us two memorable years in the top flight of world top flight football.

While I'm in the camp of players come and go, hope that the club get the best out of them and that we progressively improve to eventual promotion, eternally avoiding relegation from what is the current best league to be in from a fans persepctive, I understand why some are frustrated and call for a 'demonstraton'. I noticed a post earlier on about ripping the JM seats out. Seems to me to be too radical for most, and so wouldn't happen. You could spray them, but that's still criminal damage and besides, what would you sit on. You could cover them at the end of a match with suitably coloured shopping bags.

Would certainly make me chuckle!

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 05 Sep 2010 02:54

This thread is bollocks tbf.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 05 Sep 2010 09:59

Archie's penalty This thread is bollocks tbf.

And astonishing bollocks at that.

SeniorStrikes

by SeniorStrikes » 05 Sep 2010 20:45

Row Z Royal
Archie's penalty This thread is bollocks tbf.

And astonishing bollocks at that.

+1

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 07 Sep 2010 17:43

MmmMonsterMunch Obviously some people are quite happy being mugged off but I'm not. The fans are far from spoilt sorry but the quality of the football we see goes down each transfer window.

Last season, the football definitely improved from February onwards.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Sep 2010 17:52

rabidbee
MmmMonsterMunch Obviously some people are quite happy being mugged off but I'm not. The fans are far from spoilt sorry but the quality of the football we see goes down each transfer window.

Although I disagree with this demonstration malarkey - the football played from February onwards wasn't as good as the football played the previous season, which is what I presume the poster meant.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 07 Sep 2010 20:09

Royal Lady
rabidbee

Although I disagree with this demonstration malarkey - the football played from February onwards wasn't as good as the football played the previous season, which is what I presume the poster meant.

what the previous poster meant that he's only interested in supporting a team in the premiership, or pushing to get there.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 07 Sep 2010 21:36

Royal Lady
rabidbee

So you think the football played from Feb 10 onwards was worse than the football played from Feb 09 onwards? :|

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 07 Sep 2010 22:52

Terminal Boardom On my part, I will not go the Mad Stad until the ego has gone.

Well, I hope he stays forever so people like you don't come to the football.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 07 Sep 2010 23:07

SpaceCruiser
Terminal Boardom On my part, I will not go the Mad Stad until the ego has gone.

Well, I hope he stays forever so people like you don't come to the football.

You really are a sad little man. So glad you did not get in trouble at work for taking the piss. Actually, I don't miss the Mad Stad. I am enjoying my football far more now than I have in a long time.

205 posts