Madejski Announcement

469 posts
Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Madejski Announcement

by Arnie_Pie » 22 Aug 2011 15:04

FiNeRaIn Wow, I was expecting a positive interview...this is FAR worse than could ever be imagined. We are absolutely doomed. We still have no money available for transfers despite 40 million worth of player sales in the last 3/4 seasons, Above 10 million ALONE this season..

OMFG this is unreal, absolutely unreal.

No, this is the harsh reality of trying to run a football club within it's own means.
Last edited by Arnie_Pie on 22 Aug 2011 15:18, edited 1 time in total.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 22 Aug 2011 15:05

Bandini
Silver Fox
Incredibly, a new low even for this forum

Blimey, SF. Your post has been made to look outdated in record time.

:lol:

Nick Shorey my Lord!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Nick Shorey my Lord! » 22 Aug 2011 15:05

Extended-Phenotype 2) I don’t understand why all a shitsack Reading fan needs to do is find one example of investment-gone-wrong to smugly satisfy themselves that spending money on your team is an act of lunacy. “ooh, didn’t Ipswich spend money?! Look at them! Ha ha, everyone is a retard! Can anyone help me get this lego out of my arsehole?” Fvcking bumwit.

Prolly the best paragraph ever written on this portal. EPIC :lol:

Spirit of Elm Park

by Spirit of Elm Park » 22 Aug 2011 15:06

Surely, all anyone needs to understand is that with our attendances the money coming in is not sufficient to keep the club in the black once the wages, running costs etc have been taken out. Therefore we need to sell to fill in the void. If there is an amount left over then it will go toward the next years void, which 'will' happen. Its all quite simple. All these people who don't 'understand' are either plainly daft, or are searching for the footballing equivalent of the holy grail.

I still think our little well run club is as saleable as any other, especially in the well run financial shape that it is. I mean, once the leicester owners/Man Citeh owners get bored, whose going to be able to buy them? There just are not the potential owners around.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 22 Aug 2011 15:07

It's hard to sell a club without much debt that needs significant money up front, rather than debts that can be restructured and paid off slowly.

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 22 Aug 2011 15:21

Wasn't Madejski quoted as wanting £80m for us?

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 22 Aug 2011 15:34

Extended-Phenotype

2) I don’t understand why all a shitsack Reading fan needs to do is find one example of investment-gone-wrong to smugly satisfy themselves that spending money on your team is an act of lunacy. “ooh, didn’t Ipswich spend money?! Look at them! Ha ha, everyone is a retard! Can anyone help me get this lego out of my arsehole?” Fvcking bumwit.

Good fishing. However, for those that are fistbumping at you, have a look at Pompey, Derby, Hull, Plymouth, Leeds, Southampton and probably others that someone like Dirk will be able to name, who over-stretched and paid the price.

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 22 Aug 2011 15:38

"Every year we struggle like mad to keep the show on the road and we do our best, that's all I can say."

Makes us look amazingly fashionable, COME AND BUY US.

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 22 Aug 2011 15:54

Bandini I, for one, shall now insist that my fish and chip shop be run at a loss.

A oxf*rd LOL.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Aug 2011 15:56

Spirit of Elm Park Surely, all anyone needs to understand is that with our attendances the money coming in is not sufficient to keep the club in the black once the wages, running costs etc have been taken out. Therefore we need to sell to fill in the void. If there is an amount left over then it will go toward the next years void, which 'will' happen. Its all quite simple. All these people who don't 'understand' are either plainly daft, or are searching for the footballing equivalent of the holy grail.

I still think our little well run club is as saleable as any other, especially in the well run financial shape that it is. I mean, once the leicester owners/Man Citeh owners get bored, whose going to be able to buy them? There just are not the potential owners around.

No, the people who are daft are those who swallow every single justification/account/excuse/waffle that comes out of Madejski's mouth. His 'statement' was the work of a skilled politician in that, for all the words, he did b*gger all to answer the questions with straight forward facts. And as for claiming that he doesn't know whether the club is breaking even...... well if true, that alone is reason for him to go now.

Those people accepting the void argument/justification have clearly lost track of all of the voids that have already been used to justify past player sales. What's the betting the same thing happens next summer and it is to fill the voids that you guys claim the Long and Mills money is being used to fill.

All these voids and a wage bill that has Madejski whinging about it fly completely in the face of the well run business and sensible wage structure arguments that we have been fed for years to justify our lack of investment in the squad.

And our club (with its repeated voids) will only be as saleable as any other if the Chairman is asking a sensible price and is not imposing sale conditions such as keeping his name on the stadium.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 22 Aug 2011 15:57

Nick Shorey my Lord!
Extended-Phenotype 2) I don’t understand why all a shitsack Reading fan needs to do is find one example of investment-gone-wrong to smugly satisfy themselves that spending money on your team is an act of lunacy. “ooh, didn’t Ipswich spend money?! Look at them! Ha ha, everyone is a retard! Can anyone help me get this lego out of my arsehole?” Fvcking bumwit.

Prolly the best paragraph ever written on this portal. EPIC :lol:

Perfectly sums up a lot of this board though. Every time a team spends some money and loses a game they are deemed a massive failure...the same people tell all the reading fans to stop complaining after one defeat and that it'll all be fine. Ipswich will be a lot higher come the end of the season.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 22 Aug 2011 15:57

friday fan Southbank - yes two pens were missed, perhaps if Long had taken them they would have gone in......perhaps

Let me give you an analogy - you go to your fish and chip shop last year and its really good, you like the food. You go back one day and the batter is soggy, chips are nasty and you ask why. The manager explains there was a change in staff, this is the best you are going to get (at the moment) the manager tells you that his trainees will get better. Do you still go and eat there with the hope that one day the food will get back to its best - no you don't you earnt the money and want/demand that the product is good don't you. You surely aint going back because the food used to be good, you want it good NOW.

I hope that you understand the basic way in which this analogy makes my original point, if you don't then I for one can't explain it any plainer.

the penalties in themselves were history........capiche?

except a football club isnt like a fish and chip shop and nor is its product, or customers

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 22 Aug 2011 15:58

Thank God you're here to make that point Brendy.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Aug 2011 15:59

Row Z Royal
Extended-Phenotype

2) I don’t understand why all a shitsack Reading fan needs to do is find one example of investment-gone-wrong to smugly satisfy themselves that spending money on your team is an act of lunacy. “ooh, didn’t Ipswich spend money?! Look at them! Ha ha, everyone is a retard! Can anyone help me get this lego out of my arsehole?” Fvcking bumwit.

Good fishing. However, for those that are fistbumping at you, have a look at Pompey, Derby, Hull, Plymouth, Leeds, Southampton and probably others that someone like Dirk will be able to name, who over-stretched and paid the price.

They hardly paid the price for long did they!

One day, if you keep saying it enough times about enough clubs, you scare mongers might be able to point at a big club that has actually gone to the wall.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 22 Aug 2011 15:59

The shit's really going to hit the sack now that Bendy's here!

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 22 Aug 2011 16:00

Extended-Phenotype 1) I don’t understand why we, Reading FC, seem to have a completely different business model and approach to every other team in the football league.

3) If JM could at least pretend to give a fvck, even if he glanced over the RFC Wikipedia page with his glass of Crystal in the morning, he might accidentally notice Matt Mills was sold to Leicester not a Premier League team, a fact which would not render his entire response regarding selling players the text equivalent of a man gleefully taking a shit out of his mouth.

4) I don’t understand a business model that spends the exact amount of transfer money received, before we’ve even fvcking received it, or even knew we were going to fvcking receive it.

5) I don’t understand how replacing a forward would mean the entire club falling into bankruptcy and the stadium being turned into a Pets At Home.

6) I don’t understand how a business model at the start of the season predicts exactly what players will be sold at the end of it, exactly how much they will be sold for, where we will finish in the FA Cup, and whether we will make it to the play-offs or not, in order for said business model to not leave a penny spare for strengthening the squad.

7) I don’t understand how his support in the past, justifies his lack of it now.

“That man is raping you!”
“Don’t worry about it, he actually saved me from a raping earlier today, so I’ll even squeal like a pig if it helps!”

It’s all madness. I remember the days I used to turn to the sports section of the newspaper rather than the Financial Times to read about Reading FC.

Will they be showing the highlights of Saturday’s game on Bloomberg?

So someone disagrees with your point of view and you become abusive.

Wooooo - another internet warrior!!

Tell you what son, put your money where your mouth is and buy SJM out.

Otherwise, shut the f**k up.

Twat.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 22 Aug 2011 16:01

RoyalBlue
Row Z Royal
Extended-Phenotype

They hardly paid the price for long did they!

One day, if you keep saying it enough times about enough clubs, you scare mongers might be able to point at a big club that has actually gone to the wall.

One day they will and I'll be smug.

Then you'll say "yeah lol rofl it's only one"...then "yeah, it's only two"...

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 22 Aug 2011 16:01

Gordons Cumming I think the problem is communication.

The club needs to be a little more transparent.

agreed. even arch club supporters such as myself, are having trouble with exactly what is going on financially.
but then no other type of business announces its accounts till they have to

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 22 Aug 2011 16:01

Mr Angry So someone disagrees with your point of view and you become abusive.

Twat.

:lol:

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 22 Aug 2011 16:02

Mr Angry
So someone disagrees with your point of view and you become abusive.

Wooooo - another internet warrior!!

Tell you what son, put your money where your mouth is and buy SJM out.

Otherwise, shut the f**k up.

Twat

Genius :roll:

469 posts