Back from the game-saints

273 posts
loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the game-saints

by loyalroyal4life » 24 Oct 2011 09:57

Focher only my 2nd game of the season, and i thought we looked genuine contenders for at least the play offs.

1st time ive seen Le Fondre and i thought he looked every part a premier league player. 1st time ive seen Mills and thought he looked every part a Dr Martins league 4 player.

:lol:

Brilliant

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 24 Oct 2011 10:03

Svlad Cjelli Just on a side note - it's starting to look like us - and presumably other clubs - are starting to get Southampton sussed. Play a very high line to deny them space to pass it about at the back and their system isn't anywhere nearly as effective - they're no Swansea who can then pass it around you if you try to do that to them.

So I'd expect their results to fall off and whilst they might still be in a play-off position by the end of the season I can't see them getting automatic promotion.

They were missing their most creative player against us though, they're a much better team with Lallana in the side.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from the games-saints

by pea » 24 Oct 2011 12:27

rotherwick_royal Great performances from Ledge, Jem and Gorkss. Surprised Mills had such a slating on 105, I thought Cummings was far worse, partly responsible for the goal and lucky to get away with a couple of others. Mills wasn't great, but he's young, give him a chance.

Err, how was Cummings responsible for the goal? Only defender to keep our shape at the throw-in and was forced to come accross to the opposite side of the pitch to try and save us after Pearce didn't win his header, Gorkss inexplicably went for the same ball when it was nowhere near him and left a huge hole in defence (the goal was his fault, regardless of how well he played before that), and Mills not keeping up with his man.

Some silly comments on here, why am I always surprised by that?

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 24 Oct 2011 12:29

went to work this morning one of my bosses is a saints fan and was there on saturday..i said to him, congratulations on winning the league, i take it you did win it the way you celebrated at the final whistle?..he really went off on one..you couldn`t f*cking beat us when we had our worse performance of the season..WTF is it when we outplay sides always their worse performance of the season?..and i rammed that point home with him as well, he really couldn`t give me an answer

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 24 Oct 2011 12:33

M-U-R-T-Y It's alright once or twice... but in town before the game and in the queue for the bus it was being sung every oxf*rd 5 minutes.

Some of their fans were complete arseholes, one of them thought it be hilarious to grope my girlfriend behind my back and steal her hat.

what dicks

did she get her hat back? i'd be livid if that happened to me

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 24 Oct 2011 12:42

muddyfeet
M-U-R-T-Y It's alright once or twice... but in town before the game and in the queue for the bus it was being sung every oxf*rd 5 minutes.

Some of their fans were complete arseholes, one of them thought it be hilarious to grope my girlfriend behind my back and steal her hat.

what dicks

So the groping would be perfectly alright - but losing your hat completely unacceptable?

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 24 Oct 2011 13:29

Having got the bus to the ground too, I concur there were some pwopa helmets in atttendance. Four Reading lads started to bounce around in front of the bus queue which was admirable in a sense but also a stupid way to get nicked.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 24 Oct 2011 13:58

Svlad Cjelli Just on a side note - it's starting to look like us - and presumably other clubs - are starting to get Southampton sussed. Play a very high line to deny them space to pass it about at the back and their system isn't anywhere nearly as effective - they're no Swansea who can then pass it around you if you try to do that to them.

So I'd expect their results to fall off and whilst they might still be in a play-off position by the end of the season I can't see them getting automatic promotion.

+1

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 24 Oct 2011 14:42

Svlad Cjelli
muddyfeet

what dicks

So the groping would be perfectly alright - but losing your hat completely unacceptable?

Tips hat at the feelers being put out.

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 24 Oct 2011 17:03

muddyfeet

what dicks

:lol: Yeah, she got it back

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 24 Oct 2011 17:23

It's even gone as far as Twitter... keep coming across accounts of Saints fans whilst #readingfc trending and they are FULL of it.

It's only October, calm down. Then again, this is a big deal for them after the dump they've had to put up with the last few years.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 25 Oct 2011 09:40

pea
rotherwick_royal Great performances from Ledge, Jem and Gorkss. Surprised Mills had such a slating on 105, I thought Cummings was far worse, partly responsible for the goal and lucky to get away with a couple of others. Mills wasn't great, but he's young, give him a chance.

Err, how was Cummings responsible for the goal? Only defender to keep our shape at the throw-in and was forced to come accross to the opposite side of the pitch to try and save us after Pearce didn't win his header, Gorkss inexplicably went for the same ball when it was nowhere near him and left a huge hole in defence (the goal was his fault, regardless of how well he played before that), and Mills not keeping up with his man.

not least this one, cos he was HRKs man, not mills'

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 25 Oct 2011 10:06

melonhead
pea

not least this one, cos he was HRKs man, not mills'

Exactly. HRK let his man go which was poor, then Gorkks rushed out to get a ball he wasn't going to reach. That created the opening - nothing Cummings could do about it and nothing to do with Mills who was marking someone else.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 25 Oct 2011 11:39

ridiclius escapegoating yet again, from the morons

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 25 Oct 2011 12:39

Sat right next to the Southampton fans and on that evidence alone I really wish their team fail in their promotion bid.

What a bunch of ********rs!

Plus their manager comes over as a bit too smug.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 25 Oct 2011 13:07

Watched the TV coverage last night

Two things

Firstly HRK was ponderous and not up to his usual form. He was clearly at fault for the goal (though the commentator blamed Cummings perhaps prompting others to follow suit?)
Before the ball is played he is in a good position marking De Ridder and he simply watched him run past him. Should have taken him off earlier?

Secondly, the penalty shout. At the time I went mental as did all those around me. It looked (admittedly from Y25) impossible not to give a pen. Seeing it on TV, it was the right decision, but how lucky was Davis? - he threw himself at Manset and IMO the ball struck his foot only by chance - he was not even looking at the ball!

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 25 Oct 2011 13:17

Gordons Cumming
Plus their manager comes over as a bit too smug.

He was very complimentary about us.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 25 Oct 2011 13:22

melonhead ridiclius escapegoating yet again, from the morons

Congrats on completely missing my point

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 25 Oct 2011 13:41

I suspect he was agreeing with you.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 25 Oct 2011 14:11

Maybe my eyes are just extraordinarily captivating decorations in my stunning facial poetry and serve no sensual function whatsoever, but I couldn’t see what was wrong with Mills’ performance.

Everybody out there is making mistakes, including heroes such as ALF, Legs and Gorks. And bemoaning his corners – I don’t recall a steam of perfect bonce candy prior to his intervention.

Keep the value of corners in perspective, fellas. On average (in the EPL) it takes 45 corners to score a goal. I don’t know why people get so excited by them when you have a 0.022% chance of creating a goal from one.

I think he might have needed a bit of a slower introduction, but he’s here now and I still think he’s the better option to Harte despite really liking Ian, and not seeing his pace as big a problem as everyone else.

I’d still swap Harte for Pearce, who is making poor Gorks his f/ing babysitter. And f/ off, Church. Big deal – he has improved; he is now marginally better than having no player at all.

Manset is raw, but he has impact and quality. Church excusers stated all he needed was time; give that time to someone who can hit the f/ing target.

273 posts