Jason Roberts idiot

370 posts
Cypry

Re: Jason Roberts idiot

by Cypry » 11 Dec 2011 20:12

Stranded Not saying it's the true answer Snowy, just mentioning that part of the incident which hasn't been mentioned to date and could add a different slant to things.

Have to say that seeing it on the box, I did wonder if Kebe wasn't actually taking the mick - he seems initially to run his hands down his shins as if stretching, then pulls his sock up almost as an afterthought.....I'd like to think that Jimmy was having a pop, but agree that it's just possible that he wasn't....

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Dec 2011 20:21

Stranded Just to add something else to this - but I was sat right behind the incident in the East. Prior to the sock pulling up, Kebe had actually gestured to Cummings not to pass him the ball - he did, then the incident happened which caused the furore. It's possible that this wasn't actually a pi$$ take but that Kebe did actually just want to sort his sock out.

I'd add to that that he may have felt a twinge and wanted to stretch it, given he doesn't go straight for the sock and you don't have to bend over fully for that. Looked like he was stretching his calves a bit. Or maybe I've been watching it in slow mo too much.

Not that I really believe he wasn't just killing time and being typically casual for the lols.

Snowball - it's pretty basic biology and physics. The Tibia and Fibula are thicker at the top and therefore harder to break there. Most breaks I've seen happen at ankle to mid-calf when the foot is grounded with weight on it (not in the air like Kebe's) and the challenge comes from the side, and when the challenge is directed through the leg, not down it.

total_biscuit

by total_biscuit » 11 Dec 2011 20:26

melonhead
Ian Royal
The Real Sandhurst Royal The media are all dicks when it come to incidents like this they put the judges gown and wig on and make stupid comments that are biased one way this time Kebe has taken the brunt of it.

Collison's challenge on Kebe was premeditated and could well have caused significant injury.

Same Allardyce's post match interview sums it up for me, very fair comments all round, maybe the media should take a leaf out of Big Sams book.

Agree with all that except the significant injury bit.

kicking someone hard in the kneee can do that cant it?

Such as Claridge putting his studs into Steve Mautone at Elm Park

TB

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 11 Dec 2011 20:45

Ian Royal
Stranded Just to add something else to this - but I was sat right behind the incident in the East. Prior to the sock pulling up, Kebe had actually gestured to Cummings not to pass him the ball - he did, then the incident happened which caused the furore. It's possible that this wasn't actually a pi$$ take but that Kebe did actually just want to sort his sock out.

I'd add to that that he may have felt a twinge and wanted to stretch it, given he doesn't go straight for the sock and you don't have to bend over fully for that. Looked like he was stretching his calves a bit. Or maybe I've been watching it in slow mo too much.

Not that I really believe he wasn't just killing time and being typically casual for the lols.

Snowball - it's pretty basic biology and physics. The Tibia and Fibula are thicker at the top and therefore harder to break there. Most breaks I've seen happen at ankle to mid-calf when the foot is grounded with weight on it (not in the air like Kebe's) and the challenge comes from the side, and when the challenge is directed through the leg, not down it.

So how many broken legs have you

(a) Seen on the radio.

(b) Seen live

(c) Seen on TV?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Dec 2011 20:57

You're so pathetic. Half a dozen or so.

Seeing as you want to get pissy and you always claim expertise in a myriad of fields, I've also had some training in where you can and can't kick someone in the leg safely.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 11 Dec 2011 21:03

Ian Royal You're so pathetic. Half a dozen or so.

Seeing as you want to get pissy and you always claim expertise in a myriad of fields, I've also had some training in where you can and can't kick someone in the leg safely.

This is starting to sound like the woman who got her husband to kick her the same way Beckham kicked Simeone in 1998 so she could prove it was a dive.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 11 Dec 2011 21:06

Classic!

What's that, two weeks beginners' Jiu-Jitsu?

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 11 Dec 2011 21:10

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Dec 2011 21:13

Snowball

Classic!

What's that, two weeks beginners' Jiu-Jitsu?

Training in theatrical combat by professionals over the last 10 years, several hundred hours as an assistant teacher, including some paid professional work.

*Non-snowball nobbers, please bear in mind I'm taking the piss, and don't really think this makes me any sort of expert*

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 11 Dec 2011 22:01

blindedbythelights Dirk. Earlier.

Dirk's angle on this is really odd.

He seems to have got in a right tizz because people won't accept that a player could lose his temper over someone fiddling with their shinpads, but then he himself can't understand when people get wound up over racist comments on our national broadcaster.

Odd.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 11 Dec 2011 22:11

You big bunch of cry babies. Showboating at Reading is nothing new. Who else can remember the story when Archie nutmegged Geordie in training and shouted "NUTS"? Geordie, in his own inimitible style told Archie in no uncertain terms that doing that sort of thing was unacceptable.

Take the blinkers off. There is no place for blatant piss taking like that. I am not surprised that Collison lumped him. I would probably have done the same. Isn't there a "Respect" campaign in football? Because what Kebe did WAS disrespectful.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 11 Dec 2011 22:18

Svlad Cjelli
paultheroyal
Silver Fox ^ nice work

What I've not seen mentioned in all the hoo-ha (not your best day Dirk) is just how premeditated Collison's challenge was. While consumed with LOLz last night I went to bed convinced that St Jimmy's actions had prompted an immediate shove but catching up on th FLS this morning he really had time to think about what he was going to do. Inexcusable

Agreed and agree that Dirk is having a bit of a mare here.

Really? I don't see what you're finding so difficult here (although I appreciate from the number of times I've proved PTR wrong why he might be trying to score a point).

Dirk, when you post this sort of crap I know you are struggling. Give it up. Pointless.

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 11 Dec 2011 22:35

Ian Royal I've lost my rag loads. I've never lashed out at someone physically when I do it though. At least not since I was 5.

That's cos you're a pussy and you know you'd get beaten up if you did. Even by a 5 year old.

KDRF

by KDRF » 12 Dec 2011 00:56

Kebe wound up the opposition and we got a 3rd goal, whats the problem? he can do that everyday if thats the outcome, LAD.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 12 Dec 2011 08:52

Avon Royal
blindedbythelights Dirk. Earlier.

Dirk's angle on this is really odd.

He seems to have got in a right tizz because people won't accept that a player could lose his temper over someone fiddling with their shinpads, but then he himself can't understand when people get wound up over racist comments on our national broadcaster.

Odd.

Can you really, seriously, put your hand on your heart and say you believe that what Claridge said was "racist"? Sheeesssh!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 Dec 2011 09:02

Terminal Boardom You big bunch of cry babies. Showboating at Reading is nothing new. Who else can remember the story when Archie nutmegged Geordie in training and shouted "NUTS"? Geordie, in his own inimitible style told Archie in no uncertain terms that doing that sort of thing was unacceptable.

Take the blinkers off. There is no place for blatant piss taking like that. I am not surprised that Collison lumped him. I would probably have done the same. Isn't there a "Respect" campaign in football? Because what Kebe did WAS disrespectful.

More importantly, what happened to that 4-0 humiliation you predicted?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 12 Dec 2011 09:19

sandman
Terminal Boardom You big bunch of cry babies. Showboating at Reading is nothing new. Who else can remember the story when Archie nutmegged Geordie in training and shouted "NUTS"? Geordie, in his own inimitible style told Archie in no uncertain terms that doing that sort of thing was unacceptable.

More importantly, what happened to that 4-0 humiliation you predicted?

Told you. I haven't yet got a single prediction right this season :lol: Must admit, when I heard the score, my first reaction was :shock: followed by :lol:

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 12 Dec 2011 09:26

The point has been made that if Ballotelli had done it the football community would think it was genius (shouldered goal anyone?), but because it was Jimmy Kebe and "little Reading" the BIG team from West Ham (on loan to the Championship of course) feel aggrieved. Even on their CHUMP message board (or whatever it is called) the view is that if say Faubert had done it for them with the score the other way round they'd have him down as a legend.

**Football fans in not liking to lose in an embarrassing fashion shocker and looking for someone to blame**

As it is West Ham have their hate figure now, and we all like "to 'av a bit of revenge guv" for our 1-0 win there later in the season.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 12 Dec 2011 09:29

Not sure if this has been said but my view on it is that Kebe wasn't taking the piss - but it was more a statement to us [Reading] fans. "You're shit Kebe - Fcuk off Kebe - Pull your socks up Kebe" etc etc

So he did :D

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 12 Dec 2011 09:40

Ian Royal
melonhead :lol:

IN! for more pointless arguing

its very easy to misjudge a rake down someones shins, if hed caught it wrong, or accidentally straightened his leg, it could ahve been a leg breaker
like when hunty caught his foot in the turf and nearly killed czech

& i may well accept your definition of could well.

The Meaning of "Could Well"
The doctor says "He might well die tomorrow." That is different from saying "He might die tomorrow". The second sentence is, logically speaking, true about anyone. There might be Gricean principles that raise the probability -- why is the doctor saying that? But in "You should say you love him because he might die tomorrow", the phrase could mean just that he, like anyone else, might die tomorrow.

I think the doctor is saying that there is some reason why he might die tomorrow, such as a serious injury. This reason raises the probability above the level of just the background statistical probability. I think there is a second aspect to the meaning, which is that the probability has become worth considering.
"Could/might very well" increases the liklihood of things further,though neither of them would necessarily mean it was very Likely

:lol:

Think you've gotta catch someone pretty hard to break their leg when you hit that high up. Side of the knee is another matter. Worst case scenario he oxf*rd up his knee cap (which in itself can be nasty). How about we meet in the middle with a 20% chance of a moderate injury? :wink:

done!

370 posts