Fulham Match Thread Sponsored By Michael Jackson

206 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Fulham Match Thread Sponsored By Michael Jackson

by Ian Royal » 27 Oct 2012 16:52

Fuking hell. Why do we keep thinking that we can sit and defend a lead for 45 minutes whilst playing poorly with a terrible defence. We HAVE to go out and try and kill games off. Just look at what we can do when we go for it. We put Fulham under real pressure and got in their faces.

But no, we have to keep sitting back and surrendering the initiative. Pretty underserved point and some fighting spirit to gloss over our utter lack of quality. Missed the few good chances we had to put the game to bed.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 27 Oct 2012 16:52

Royal91 We haven't won again, but at least we are scoring goals. More work needed on the defensive side!

New players more like.

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 27 Oct 2012 16:52

I don't know how to feel after that :lol:

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 27 Oct 2012 16:53

Norwich and Villa will be in the relegation mix, Southampton will be there too, QPR imo will definitely pull clear.

Reading NEED to get 3 points from games we are ahead in to survive.

Great game!

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 27 Oct 2012 16:54

Ian Royal Fuking hell. Why do we keep thinking that we can sit and defend a lead for 45 minutes whilst playing poorly with a terrible defence. We HAVE to go out and try and kill games off. Just look at what we can do when we go for it. We put Fulham under real pressure and got in their faces.

But no, we have to keep sitting back and surrendering the initiative. Pretty underserved point and some fighting spirit to gloss over our utter lack of quality. Missed the few good chances we had to put the game to bed.

The fun and games of hope and supporting this idiosyncratic club.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 27 Oct 2012 16:55

And I would just like to add Fulham are a team we should be beating at home. And if we can't start getting wins against mid table quality teams at home we probably won't be staying up...

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 27 Oct 2012 16:55

I think Pearce would add a lot to our backline, which is where the problems are coming if you look at our goalscoring record.

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 27 Oct 2012 16:56

Ian Royal Fuking hell. Why do we keep thinking that we can sit and defend a lead for 45 minutes whilst playing poorly with a terrible defence. We HAVE to go out and try and kill games off. Just look at what we can do when we go for it. We put Fulham under real pressure and got in their faces.

Its not the defence that are terrible, its having a midfield that can't hold the ball, and therefore means the defence are flat out for the whole 90 minutes. Watched on a stream, hoof, hoof, hoof, made Fulham look like bl**dy Barcelona

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 27 Oct 2012 16:59

Now what? With the exception of Tabb, we had the line-up that most felt was our best and we just couldn't keep the ball. Wayward passing, speculative hoofing and missed chances. That and the back four just seemed lost at times.

We got lucky with that point which is not what I want to say with home games against mid-table opponents...

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 27 Oct 2012 17:00

Big Ern
RobRoyal
Big Ern LOL. We are so shit it's funny.

This is 2 points dropped. We will not survive if we cannot beat teams like Fulham.

Fulham are 6th you numpty :lol:

But a terrible away record.

oh...and that MR Numpty to you.

Away results so far - narrowly beaten at Man Utd, thrashed at West Ham, beat Wigan and drew against Saints. Not exactly what I would call terrible, Mr Numpty Sir.

I'm waiting for QPR and Norwich before deploying the 'if we cannot beat teams like X' comments.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 27 Oct 2012 17:00

Can we drop Pog for Alf? Good idea?

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 27 Oct 2012 17:01

Yes we'll be happy to get a point but i could see some pretty major flaws in the starting line up today

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Oct 2012 17:05

royalexile

The fun and games of hope and supporting this idiosyncratic club.

The rollercoaster is starting to wear me down. I can't imagine how people who've been going to every home game for decades cope.

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 27 Oct 2012 17:05

rhroyal Can we drop Pog for Alf? Good idea?

And drop the best player we bought in the summer after already dropping the second best?

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 27 Oct 2012 17:06

parky

And drop the best player we bought in the summer after already dropping the second best?

Roberts was good today, Alf always looks decent off the bench. Pog hasn't justified his wages yet for me.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 27 Oct 2012 17:07

parky

Play them both,what is the matter with egghead

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 27 Oct 2012 17:08

rhroyal
parky

Roberts was good today, Alf always looks decent off the bench. Pog hasn't justified his wages yet for me.

Ill admit it is almost as if we bought a player simply because he was good and Russian and not because he fitted how we play. He is not getting the service he needs from anyone other than Guthrie.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 27 Oct 2012 17:09

muddyfeet Yes we'll be happy to get a point but i could see some pretty major flaws in the starting line up today

I'm happy with the resolve shown. Not happy with the way we are grinding out a point which keeps us treading water. We needs to win a game, contain and control a game and take championship football to the opposition.

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 27 Oct 2012 17:12

Why cant we learn to keep the concentration after a goal - time and time we keep giving points away. Shorey and Jobi need some serious work on their balls in which were either over hit or failed to clear the first man.
Bit concerned that Pog doesn't really want to be here. Why not either start one of the subs or being them on earlier, McCleary, Kanu and Alfie all looked more effective.

Tabb worked so hard but our midfield keeps getting completely sliced open.

Just think we look a bit clueless ATM.

sputnik
Hob Nob Regular
Location: HNA? Prediction League Champion 2014-15, 2018-19, 2021-22

by sputnik » 27 Oct 2012 17:12

Why no Guthrie today ? I think he could have had a chance of influencing the game with the amount of space there was in midfield today.

206 posts