SIGNED - Nick Blackman

285 posts
LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour - Nick Blackman

by LightwaterRoyal » 30 Jan 2013 19:11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6cg8YGkTxc

Here he is scoring past Mikkel Andersen, aren't Sheffield United fans lovely?

Royalist

by Royalist » 30 Jan 2013 19:12

Only scored 7 from open play. Alot of pens. One for the future? He's 23 not a young kid anymore.

Interesting one. Could go either way.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 30 Jan 2013 19:20

Good enough for Brian, good enough for me.

Welcome Nick!!!!!!

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 30 Jan 2013 19:23

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 30 Jan 2013 19:33

sharp-blade Good Evening Royals!

I'm a blades fan and I come in peace, I just wanted to give you lot my own personal insight into Nick Blackman as I see he is set to join you in the next few hours or so.

Personally I rate him, I think he has a lot going for him and is definitely one for the future. He has a great first touch and has plenty of pace about him and quite frankly he can be very dangerous when in possession running at the opposition. I don't want to put too many negatives however I feel it's only fair to give you my own honest opinion on what to expect. He is all of the above however even in League One i feel he is far from the finished article, in a couple of years he has the potential to be real quality however at the moment he is still very much learning and I personally feel his workrate needs to improve significantly if he is to progress.

We may have hindered his progress a little as I think he likes to play up front and due to our own problems we have had to play him out wide but never the less in my own personal opinion he's not ready for the Premier League wee in week out. In the past we've had players move on to premiership clubs eg Jagielka,Walker, Naughton, Lowton. The major difference being that when they were said to be moving on to the top flight you could understand it and believe it and you knew they had ability and class to cut it at that level however I don't get the same feeling about Blackman. A couple of seasons nurturing and who knows because he has the potential to do something but really needs to put in the work to get there.

In a nutshell for those who couldn't be bother to read. A good raw talent with potential, needs to significantly improve his workrate and has a great deal to learn and improve on. Was still learning his trade in league one and I felt him to be far from the finished article with us therefore I don't think he's ready for the best league in the world.

I wish the lad luck, I wish you lot good luck in your relegation battle as well! Your a good honest team, a decent set up as well and are in the Premiership through merit, all the best!

Sharp Blade!

you sound really fit

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: SIGNED - Nick Blackman

by Ian Royal » 30 Jan 2013 21:03

Welcome Blackers. Good luck and glad to have you.

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 30 Jan 2013 21:38

another easy nothing signing, typical Hammond its the best he can do :roll: Blackman wanted to play in the Championship and looks like he will get his wish

fruits

by fruits » 30 Jan 2013 22:03

If he is half as good another Mr Blackman of 60 years ago he will be a legend.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 30 Jan 2013 22:05

Tamworth_Royal another easy nothing signing, typical Hammond its the best he can do :roll: Blackman wanted to play in the Championship and looks like he will get his wish

Just like Akpan and LeFondre then?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Jan 2013 22:15

Tamworth_Royal another easy nothing signing, typical Hammond its the best he can do :roll: Blackman wanted to play in the Championship and looks like he will get his wish

crawl back under your rock.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 30 Jan 2013 23:49

tomrfcurz Done deal, as expected.

Welcome aboard, Blackman!

I have never heard of him, to be honest, but someone must have seen something in him to break our longstanding transfer record for a striker. :?

I also like the fact that he is called Nick Blackman and he is a black man.

Here's hoping that we sign Tim Scoresloadsoffukkinggoals from somewhere tomorrow.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 30 Jan 2013 23:52

Ian Royal Welcome Blackers. Good luck and glad to have you.

:lol:

Albert Spangler
Hob Nob Regular

by Albert Spangler » 30 Jan 2013 23:53

Reading look to Nick Blackman.

I thought that sort of policy was reserved for the police.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 31 Jan 2013 00:39

Eh!

exileinleeds
Hob Nob Addict

by exileinleeds » 31 Jan 2013 00:53

Albert Spangler Reading look to Nick Blackman.

I thought that sort of policy was reserved for the police.

:lol:

Blakey's Right Peg

by Blakey's Right Peg » 31 Jan 2013 01:00

He sounds promising. Seems to possess both pace and power and appears pretty versatile.

Looking forward to seeing him, but I would hope he isn't the last attacking player we bring in before tomorrow night.

RoyalTank

by RoyalTank » 31 Jan 2013 01:21

Scutterbucketz

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 31 Jan 2013 01:34

Scutterbucketz

Here's hoping that we sign Tim Scoresloadsoffukkinggoals from somewhere tomorrow.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 31 Jan 2013 09:52

Man, our reserve team is shaping up nicely.

frano

by frano » 31 Jan 2013 10:07

Good Evening Royals!

I'm a blades fan and I come in peace, I just wanted to give you lot my own personal insight into Nick Blackman as I see he is set to join you in the next few hours or so.

Personally I rate him, I think he has a lot going for him and is definitely one for the future. He has a great first touch and has plenty of pace about him and quite frankly he can be very dangerous when in possession running at the opposition. I don't want to put too many negatives however I feel it's only fair to give you my own honest opinion on what to expect. He is all of the above however even in League One i feel he is far from the finished article, in a couple of years he has the potential to be real quality however at the moment he is still very much learning and I personally feel his workrate needs to improve significantly if he is to progress.

We may have hindered his progress a little as I think he likes to play up front and due to our own problems we have had to play him out wide but never the less in my own personal opinion he's not ready for the Premier League wee in week out. In the past we've had players move on to premiership clubs eg Jagielka,Walker, Naughton, Lowton. The major difference being that when they were said to be moving on to the top flight you could understand it and believe it and you knew they had ability and class to cut it at that level however I don't get the same feeling about Blackman. A couple of seasons nurturing and who knows because he has the potential to do something but really needs to put in the work to get there.

In a nutshell for those who couldn't be bother to read. A good raw talent with potential, needs to significantly improve his workrate and has a great deal to learn and improve on. Was still learning his trade in league one and I felt him to be far from the finished article with us therefore I don't think he's ready for the best league in the world.

I wish the lad luck, I wish you lot good luck in your relegation battle as well! Your a good honest team, a decent set up as well and are in the Premiership through merit, all the best!

Sharp Blade!

As a Sheffield based Reading fan who, owing to a Blades supporting son, is a regular visitor to Bramell Lane, can I just say I think Sharp Blade's analysis is spot on.

285 posts