HNA approval/disapproval of NA

418 posts

how long should we keep nigel adkins as manager?

get rid of now, his tactics are weak and we can do better
16%
give him till the end of december, then we will see where we are
4%
give him time to make signings in january and we will assess in march
6%
give him till the end of the season, he deserves a full season to show what he can do
44%
i am currently happy with our position in the table and the quality of football we are playing. this shouldnt be a discussion
20%
other
9%

Total votes: 232
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: HNA approval/disapproval of NA

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Dec 2013 11:41

Holloway's a joke. Can't believe anyone is seriously suggesting him.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 10 Dec 2013 11:44

Hmm. So according to many on this thread, rather than play a game of football teams should just write their current league position on a piece of paper and slam it down on the table, the highest gets 3 points.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 10 Dec 2013 12:47

Pepe the Horseman Holloway's a joke. Can't believe anyone is seriously suggesting him.

Agreed, anyone thinking NA is clueless tactically should have a look at IH's inability

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 10 Dec 2013 12:48

Wycombe Royal
Woodcote Royal
Schards#2 Can you name anyone who would do better?

Ian Holloway

Currently out of work and has a better track record than Adkins in delivering what we really need right now......................promotion back to the top flight.

You really have lost the plot.

In much the same way as was the case with the respective boards of Blackpool and Palace, who both employed Holloway to get them to the promised land.

As ever with anyone with 3 sqillion posts on here, those who disagree with them must have "lost the plot"

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 10 Dec 2013 12:53

Pepe the Horseman Holloway's a joke. Can't believe anyone is seriously suggesting him.

The real jokers here are Grade A twats like you :|

We are in the Championship looking to gain promotion to the Premiership. In this respect, Holloway has a better record than Atkins so, calling the man "a joke" says more about you than him.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 10 Dec 2013 12:55

Bobby1413 said
Us fans seem to think we reserve the right to win every game

No - but with NAs target of 100 goals - we would reserve the right to expect more than one goal against each of three worst defences in the league by miles. Millwall, Barnsley and Bournemouth.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Dec 2013 12:58

Woodcote Royal

We are in the Championship looking to gain promotion to the Premiership. In this respect, Holloway has a better record than Atkins so, calling the man "a joke" says more about you than him.

:lol: Everything that comes out of the man's mouth is utter shit, so I can understand how you can relate to him.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 10 Dec 2013 13:00

Woodcote Royal

Please explain this better record? (and when you do please bear in mind the form of Palace after Freedman left them last season).

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 10 Dec 2013 13:02

Pepe the Horseman
Woodcote Royal

:lol: Everything that comes out of the man's mouth is utter shit, so I can understand how you can relate to him.

I relate to him because he's got 2 different teams promoted to the Premiership but, in your eyes, he's a joke because of "what comes out of his mouth"

Keep digging :|

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Dec 2013 13:06

Woodcote Royal I relate to him because he's got 2 different teams promoted to the Premiership but, in your eyes, he's a joke because of "what comes out of his mouth"

Keep digging :|

Yeh, in my eyes he's a joke, because he talks complete fcuking bollocks. How's that digging?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 10 Dec 2013 13:08

Wycombe Royal Continuing on with Holloway, the guys record is not great. Three promotions and three relegations on his CV (you could argue that one of the relegations and one of the promotions were not entirely down to him). He has a win percentage over his career of 37.45%.

Now look at Nigel Adkins, four promotions and one relegation and a win percentage of 49.89%.

So that obviously tells us that Holloway would do a better job.

I for one would like to see Woodcote's rebuttal to this post.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 10 Dec 2013 13:13

winchester_royal
Wycombe Royal Continuing on with Holloway, the guys record is not great. Three promotions and three relegations on his CV (you could argue that one of the relegations and one of the promotions were not entirely down to him). He has a win percentage over his career of 37.45%.

Now look at Nigel Adkins, four promotions and one relegation and a win percentage of 49.89%.

So that obviously tells us that Holloway would do a better job.

I for one would like to see Woodcote's rebuttal to this post.

Don't necessarily agree with the choice of Holloway but Wycombe's stats mean nothing.
IIRC Holloway got Blackpool and Palace up to the Premier League whereas Nigel has only got Southampton promoted to that level so the figures are mis-leading.
Also Nigel had money to spend at Southampton whereas Hollaway didn't at those two clubs.i

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 10 Dec 2013 13:20

Wycombe Royal
Woodcote Royal

Please explain this better record? (and when you do please bear in mind the form of Palace after Freedman left them last season).

2 promotions to the top flight.........................one more than Adkins.

We are going nowhere without Premiership money and even Adkins current side (let alone the fantasy one that his apologists seem to think can be paid for with fairy dust :| ) could not be financed without McDermott's brilliantly secured promotion.

Some of you need to get your heads out of Nigel's backside and get real. Forget building a team to out football Man U & Citeh and find the next McDermott to get us back to where we would at least have the money to maintain the squad we've got :|

I'd fancy Olly to achieve that end far more than the man whose highly paid teams have already been beaten this season by Peterborough, Sheffield Wednesday and Bournemouth :|

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 10 Dec 2013 13:30

Slightly off topic but a random discussion point none the less.

Many have said Adkins should be doing a lot better with the team he has right now but which of these three lineups would you rather have?

Coppell’s 19th Championship game Hahnemann, Shorey, Brown, Williams, Murty, Watson, Sidwell, Salako, Hughes, Goater, Owusu

McDermott’s 19th Championship game Federici, Bertrand, Pearce, Khizanishvili, Griffin, Tabb, Howard, McAnuff, Kebe, Sigurdsson, Long

Adkins 19th Championship game McCarthy, Cummings, Pearce, Gorkss, Gunter, Williams, Guthrie, Robson-Kanu, Obita, McCleary, Sharp

Personally I don't think there's an awful lot of difference in quality between the XI's out there, though the 2004 one does look a bit more ropey (and unsurprisingly it got thumped 5-1 at Rotherham) I'd take the team McDermott had over Adkins side though.

I suppose the only point to make out of it is maybe we don't have as strong an XI as some might think? Especially with the injuries we've had to deal with.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 10 Dec 2013 13:41

Nice balance to McDermott's side. Defense and attack look particularly strong, there's very few current players I'd take from Adkins' team and put into McDermott's. Guthrie for Howard, possibly Gunter for Griffin though I think Griffin was an under appreciated asset. Excellent communicator too. When you look at the quality of our left backs over the last 15 years, it's criminal that we're alternating between Kelly and Cummings at the moment. Kudos to Cummings though, he's made a much better fist of it than Kelly.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 10 Dec 2013 13:42

Wimb I suppose the only point to make out of it is maybe we don't have as strong an XI as some might think? Especially with the injuries we've had to deal with.
...due to Adkins signings crocks (Bridge, Williams, Drenthe) and sacking our Sports Scientist.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 10 Dec 2013 13:42

The elephant in the room here is that - while those snobs who stoically stand by their viewpoint that 'Adkins supposedly > McD' because of this myth that only sides who retain significant amounts of possession in the Premier League can survive there - Hull City have started well and look well capable of staying safe from trouble under that well known exponent of 'total football' Steve Bruce :!:

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 10 Dec 2013 13:44

Wimb Slightly off topic but a random discussion point none the less.

Many have said Adkins should be doing a lot better with the team he has right now but which of these three lineups would you rather have?

Coppell’s 19th Championship game Hahnemann, Shorey, Brown, Williams, Murty, Watson, Sidwell, Salako, Hughes, Goater, Owusu

McDermott’s 19th Championship game Federici, Bertrand, Pearce, Khizanishvili, Griffin, Tabb, Howard, McAnuff, Kebe, Sigurdsson, Long

Adkins 19th Championship game McCarthy, Cummings, Pearce, Gorkss, Gunter, Williams, Guthrie, Robson-Kanu, Obita, McCleary, Sharp

Personally I don't think there's an awful lot of difference in quality between the XI's out there, though the 2004 one does look a bit more ropey (and unsurprisingly it got thumped 5-1 at Rotherham) I'd take the team McDermott had over Adkins side though.

I suppose the only point to make out of it is maybe we don't have as strong an XI as some might think? Especially with the injuries we've had to deal with.
Also factor in that Adkins had a full 4 months before the start of this Championship season to a) Reorganise his playing personnel, b) reorganise his coaching personnel, c) adjust and d) have a full pre-season under the belt of all his players.

Oh, and an extra 8 league games the season prior.

Overall - shambolic job by the smug one, he has to go by hook or by crook he needs to be forced out of the club.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 10 Dec 2013 13:45

Wimb Many have said Adkins should be doing a lot better with the team he has right now but which of these three lineups would you rather have?

This proves nothing other than Adkins/Hammond/AZ should have signed better in the summer.....or certainly not signed crocks like Bridge and over-weight Drenthe :!:

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 10 Dec 2013 13:48

Was arguing ^ that, earlier.

Not sure why people think we have a stronger squad and therefore should be doing better, comparing our promotion season to this.

McDermie Vs Adkins

The instrumental Harte >>>>>>>>>>>> An injured Bridge / his weak replacement
The then in form Gorkss >>>>>>>>>>> the blundering up and down Morro
Then In form McAnuff >>>>>>>>>>>>> HRK / McCleary / Obita / Injured Drenthe
Kebe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> HRK / McCleary / Obita / Injured Drenthe
Jason Roberts >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pog
Noel Hunt >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sharp / Alf
L-Wood >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Injured Williams
Karacan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Injured Baird

The only genuine improvement I can think of is Gunter (marginally better than Cummings) and Guthrie (more creative than our previous CM pair). But the notion Adkins should be doing better "because he has a better squad" doesn't really make any sense.

418 posts