Le Fondre - Come and get me plea

355 posts
peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

Re: Le Fondre - Come and get me plea

by peterroyal76 » 06 Jan 2014 13:33

HoneyRoastHoax Against Brighton he didn't bother chasing any defenders down, they are very capable passing from the back but under no pressure its easy for them. You saw the difference when Pog came on and all of a sudden we had a lot more possession.

The ball was passed into his feet from the wing when he was side onto the goal and a defender at his back. He missed the ball and it trickled harmlessly passed him.

He missed an absolutely free header 6 yards from goal.

He did a flick at goal in the first half.

This is literally all I recall him doing.

I appreciate everything he has done for us but if he was a new signing and put in that performance I would be horrified. You're only as good as your last game.

Only 6 yards out? It's getting close with each post!

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 06 Jan 2014 14:30

Apologies 11 meters and he still couldn't hit the target

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_GNFq6z ... d&index=10

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 06 Jan 2014 14:59

HoneyRoastHoax Apologies 11 meters and he still couldn't hit the target

I like Alf but both of those misses are shocking.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 06 Jan 2014 15:06

Yeh Le Fondres misses are bad.

Taylor I'm going to give benefit of the doubt. Wrong foot, he's leaning back and trying to scoop it over all those in front of him.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 06 Jan 2014 18:01

That was a fantastic cross by Taylor, exactly where any striker would want it.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 06 Jan 2014 20:48

ZacNaloen Yeh Le Fondres misses are bad.

Taylor I'm going to give benefit of the doubt. Wrong foot, he's leaning back and trying to scoop it over all those in front of him.

And the defender coming in may have got a slight touch

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 07 Jan 2014 22:14

SPARTA

I like Alf but both of those misses are shocking.

I didn't realise how bad his missed header was until I saw the video. At the time Dellor excused the miss(quelle surprise!) saying it was a difficult chance from a long way out.

However, in reality it was a free header in a central position. OK it was some 13 yards from goal but he attacked the ball with pace (the cross was perfectly placed) and he should have hit the target. Had he done so, it would have been a goal.

Zana Badawi

by Zana Badawi » 08 Jan 2014 08:59

If we consider this miss as the reason we didn''t get something out of the game, or even as a reasoning for our recent poor form, then things are very worrying.
Whether Le Fondre comes or goes will probably be irrelevant. He is neither the problem nor the solution.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 08 Jan 2014 11:59

Neither of those chances were easy and I wouldn't expect either player to score from there.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 08 Jan 2014 12:32

Maguire Neither of those chances were easy and I wouldn't expect either player to score from there.

This.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 08 Jan 2014 12:36

Big Foot
Maguire Neither of those chances were easy and I wouldn't expect either player to score from there.

This.

My god, either says a lot about the quality (lack of) of our players or you both have very low expectations. The header was far from difficult- look at Pog's reaction afterwards - not the greatest header of the ball by any imagination but he clearly thinks he could have done better and that ALF should have at least hit the target.

Zana Badawi If we consider this miss as the reason we didn''t get something out of the game, or even as a reasoning for our recent poor form, then things are very worrying.
Whether Le Fondre comes or goes will probably be irrelevant. He is neither the problem nor the solution.

Not blaming the miss for our failure to get anything from the game. Merely using it as evidence that despite his own great self-belief and PR ALF didn't set the game on fire, despite being allowed to start.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 08 Jan 2014 13:00

Unless Pogrebnyak is hopeful of ALF flicking it on for him to bang in (from a better position)

How many headers do you ever see scored from further out than the penalty spot? RFC or not - I can't name many.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 08 Jan 2014 13:07

I can think of at least 5 Reading strikers who would have buried that chance; Kitson, Butler, Quinn, Senior and Dixon.

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 08 Jan 2014 13:19

Big Foot Unless Pogrebnyak is hopeful of ALF flicking it on for him to bang in (from a better position)

How many headers do you ever see scored from further out than the penalty spot? RFC or not - I can't name many.

I dunno, Pog scored that brilliant goal at Chelsea from not too much closer. If he feels he could have done better it shows that at least a few of the players still have confidence in themselves.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 08 Jan 2014 13:28

You'd expect the shots on target.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 08 Jan 2014 13:52

Extended-Phenotype

They're not trying to just hit the target though, they're trying to score a goal. That means trying to hit the corners, or apply pace to the header, or whatever.

If they knew they'd get a pass off the HNA massive just for hitting the target then ALF would have flicked his header into the keeper's hands and been done with it.

Headers from eg. 13 yards out are tough to score from and I don't believe for one second that Quinn, Kitson, Senior, et al never missed headers like that.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 08 Jan 2014 13:56

Mr Angry I can think of at least 5 Reading strikers who would have buried that chance; Kitson, Butler, Quinn, Senior and Dixon.

and Sessions

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 08 Jan 2014 13:58

Maguire
Extended-Phenotype

They're not trying to just hit the target though, they're trying to score a goal. That means trying to hit the corners, or apply pace to the header, or whatever.

If they knew they'd get a pass off the HNA massive just for hitting the target then ALF would have flicked his header into the keeper's hands and been done with it.

Headers from eg. 13 yards out are tough to score from and I don't believe for one second that Quinn, Kitson, Senior, et al never missed headers like that.

Fair enough, you've convinced me - you wouldn't expect the shots on target.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 08 Jan 2014 15:07

Oh don't be a child

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 08 Jan 2014 15:08

ILoveMoonPig
Big Foot Unless Pogrebnyak is hopeful of ALF flicking it on for him to bang in (from a better position)

I dunno, Pog scored that brilliant goal at Chelsea from not too much closer. If he feels he could have done better it shows that at least a few of the players still have confidence in themselves.

Yeah fair enough but that was a different cross from McCleary that day - it was more driven and sat up right for Pogrebnyak to glance it over Cech into the corner. With this cross from Taylor, he'd wrapped his foot round it and it was pretty loopy so that it meant Le Fondre had more work to do in terms of redirecting it a) at goal and b) past the keeper, as Mags says.

(Not taking anything away from Taylor btw - to get the ball into that area from a relatively deep position is great play)

355 posts