BFTG Forrst (H)

214 posts
Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFTG Forrst (H)

by Maguire » 03 Mar 2015 14:55

bobby1413 Fan who got kicked out has received letter. He is apparently banned from all home and away games :shock:

The lucky, lucky bastard.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Mar 2015 15:22

melonhead
tee peg I wonder who complained , if anyone in fact did?

the people behind/close to him complained
stewards came and asked politely for him to try and stop swearing, standing, and standing on the stairs.
he refused, probably rudely
the stewards retreated and called in the tangos
the tangos went up and asked him the same, he refused again
then both parties engaged in a massively embarrassing and silly set to, which resulted in a tactical retreat under crowd pressure, but ultimately ejection for the oaf at half time when he was ambushed by tangos and the coppers who were called on for assistance

but someone defo complained

And you were there to witness those complaints? Or are you just taking the word of the club who are desperately trying to deflect criticism from themselves?

As for your other categorical assertion that, if they receive complaints, the club have no option but to take action against anyone who is persistently standing and/or swearing, everyone knows that simply isn't true. Home supporters have repeatedly complained about that sort of behaviour by away supporters* and, apart from a small number apprehended at half time (the club won't even say how many that is), no action is taken.

*Not that people particularly disagree with standing, more that they want equal treatment of home and away supporters.

And I would still like to know why the club thought it was necessary to summon the police for such a minor incident. I believe that is why the person concerned has received the banning letter.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 03 Mar 2015 16:24

Can you confirm the club have always banned and forced meetings before resolving situations. Terrible way to go about it.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 03 Mar 2015 16:28

The stadium regulations with regarsds to zero tolerance are the clubs own concoction, if they think they are outdated maybe they should update them?

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 03 Mar 2015 16:30

melonhead

stewards came and asked politely for him to try and stop swearing, standing, and standing on the stairs.
then both parties engaged in a massively embarrassing and silly set to, which resulted in a tactical retreat under crowd pressure, but ultimately ejection for the oaf at half time when he was ambushed by tangos and the coppers who were called on for assistance

Out of interest where do you sit?
Y19?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 03 Mar 2015 17:48

wiggso

I complained...I wasn't actually there but I read about it in the Telegraph and complained after that

I'm thinking of complaining. It really interfered with the radio commentary.

What am I complaining about again?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Mar 2015 18:01

melonhead
The meaning is clearly contradicted by the letter.

no. it is not.

the club are looking into those events by speaking to the fans in question and reviewing the actions of all involved.
refers to the proposed meeting

looking at ways to amplify and enhance our fans’ efforts to create atmosphere at Madejski Stadium.
which do not, and will never include swearing in front of people who don't like it, standing in front of people who don't want you to, or standing on the stairs that are required to be clear for a swift exit in an emergency

So if you like the Blue Army chant during the first half as much as we did, let’s hear it again, and more.

We cannot stress enough how much we want Madejski Stadium to be bouncing, lively and a great place to watch football
which does not, and will never include saying its ok to swear in fr4ont of people who don't like it, stand in front of people who don't want you to, or stand on the stairs that are required to be clear for a swift exit in an emergency

Although by the noises made the club they are positive about Gov removing the ban on standing. They'd introduce a standing section after its lifted for people who'd like it, providing that the cost and practicalities of doing so in the stadium are feasible.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Mar 2015 18:03

RoyalBlue
melonhead

And you were there to witness those complaints? Or are you just taking the word of the club who are desperately trying to deflect criticism from themselves?

As for your other categorical assertion that, if they receive complaints, the club have no option but to take action against anyone who is persistently standing and/or swearing, everyone knows that simply isn't true. Home supporters have repeatedly complained about that sort of behaviour by away supporters* and, apart from a small number apprehended at half time (the club won't even say how many that is), no action is taken.

*Not that people particularly disagree with standing, more that they want equal treatment of home and away supporters.

And I would still like to know why the club thought it was necessary to summon the police for such a minor incident. I believe that is why the person concerned has received the banning letter.

Because safety concerns about major incidents over-ride the complaints, particularly when they're from people effectively unaffected by the actions. And because the club has far less options available to deal with away fans in the long-term.

Pretty sure that if you found an away fan complaining about another away fan standing or swearing, said offender would be removed, or if the crowd made it difficult, nabbed at HT in the concourse.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 03 Mar 2015 19:05

Ian Royal Pretty sure that if you found an away fan complaining about another away fan standing or swearing, said offender would be removed, or if the crowd made it difficult, nabbed at HT in the concourse.

LOL no chance.

In fact at Fulham the family in front of me moaned about people standing and the stewards just shrugged and offered to move them to a different seat where it wouldn't affect them.

Common sense crowd management > Billy big bollox stewards who completely instigated & exacerbated a nasty crowd reaction

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Mar 2015 19:08

John Madejski's Wallet
Ian Royal Pretty sure that if you found an away fan complaining about another away fan standing or swearing, said offender would be removed, or if the crowd made it difficult, nabbed at HT in the concourse.

LOL no chance.

In fact at Fulham the family in front of me moaned about people standing and the stewards just shrugged and offered to move them to a different seat where it wouldn't affect them.

Common sense crowd management > Billy big bollox stewards who completely instigated & exacerbated a nasty crowd reaction

I was talking about at the Mad Stad.

I also should have said, that mostly if the complaints were justified... as I've seen the stewards shrug off nonsense complaints at the Mad Stad. I've experienced far worse stewarding at several away games than I ever have at home.

Maybe I'm wrong though.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 03 Mar 2015 19:21

Ian Royal Maybe I'm wrong though.

Seems unlikely.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Mar 2015 19:56

Pepe the Horseman
Ian Royal Maybe I'm wrong though.

Seems unlikely.

It's true, they don't broadcast things that are wrong on the radio.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 03 Mar 2015 21:40

Maguire
bobby1413 Fan who got kicked out has received letter. He is apparently banned from all home and away games :shock:

The lucky, lucky bastard.

:D :D

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 Mar 2015 08:57

There is a very obvious action that they can take against away fans standing and that is to deny the offending club an allocation the following season.

Remember a fans forum attended by Nigel Howe where he said they have the power to at least reduce the amount of tickets the away team get. But you can bet that next year a club like Leeds will allowed to bring the same amount of fans next season as they brought this season.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 04 Mar 2015 09:17

sandman There is a very obvious action that they can take against away fans standing and that is to deny the offending club an allocation the following season.

Remember a fans forum attended by Nigel Howe where he said they have the power to at least reduce the amount of tickets the away team get. But you can bet that next year a club like Leeds will allowed to bring the same amount of fans next season as they brought this season.

It's all about the £'s

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 04 Mar 2015 09:25

WoodleyRoyal
sandman There is a very obvious action that they can take against away fans standing and that is to deny the offending club an allocation the following season.

It's all about the £'s

Fully agree, which is why they also need to consider the £s when doing things that are going to p*ss off home supporters, particularly season ticket holders.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 04 Mar 2015 09:33

It's all about the £'s[/quote]

Fully agree, which is why they also need to consider the £s when doing things that are going to p*ss off home supporters, particularly season ticket holders.[/quote]

Bang on.There are a lot of pissed off people in Y19, me included.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 04 Mar 2015 09:37

perhaps fans should let Mr Doyle know what they really think of him, and his methods! clive.doyle@btinternet.com

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 04 Mar 2015 09:50

RoyalBlue
melonhead

ive spoken to the police about it tbf

most away supporters stand and swear(at the back)
most in y26 stand and swear(at the back)
because they are surrounded by other people who want to stand and swear (at the back)

he wasn't surrounded by other people who wanted to stand and swear(at the back). in fact quite the opposite, they were offended by his swearing, and inconvenienced by his standing.
if hed just sung his heart out, and tried not to swear, then hed not have been ejected

even after the complaint, he was asked politely by stewards to cut the swearing down, and to try and sit a bit more to allow the people behind him to see better, and to not spend ages standing on the steps. if at this point hed have smiled and said-yeah sorry, got carried away, no problem. he'd never have been ejected.
so the tangos were then called to support the stewards who had got nowhere with politeness. he was told that if he didn't stop swearing and standing he'd be ejected, and if hed then said - yeah, ok, ill try, i'm really sorry -he'd never have been ejected.
instead he engaged in an aggressive slanging match, jabbing his finger into tangos faces etc.
"the club" didn't summon the police. the tangos did. because he was refusing to adjust his behavior, and then refused to leave when asked.

I loved the noise, the stewards and tangos and the oaf combined well to elicit some life from the north east corner for once, and I wish it were like that every game. but to allow him to do what he liked to the detriment of people around him was never going to happen,
the stewards handled it badly, and those around who complained are divs imo, but they paid their money like him and deserve to be able to enjoy the game in their own way
and I think in the end that the tangos did what they had to do.

they'll have the meeting, and if hes contrite and not a div, he'll get his ban shortened, and then be moved to the end of the stand where people love a bit of swearing and standing, and everyone will be happy.
Last edited by melonhead on 04 Mar 2015 10:03, edited 2 times in total.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 04 Mar 2015 09:52

Ian Royal
melonhead
The meaning is clearly contradicted by the letter.

no. it is not.

the club are looking into those events by speaking to the fans in question and reviewing the actions of all involved.
refers to the proposed meeting

looking at ways to amplify and enhance our fans’ efforts to create atmosphere at Madejski Stadium.
which do not, and will never include swearing in front of people who don't like it, standing in front of people who don't want you to, or standing on the stairs that are required to be clear for a swift exit in an emergency

So if you like the Blue Army chant during the first half as much as we did, let’s hear it again, and more.

We cannot stress enough how much we want Madejski Stadium to be bouncing, lively and a great place to watch football
which does not, and will never include saying its ok to swear in fr4ont of people who don't like it, stand in front of people who don't want you to, or stand on the stairs that are required to be clear for a swift exit in an emergency

Although by the noises made the club they are positive about Gov removing the ban on standing. They'd introduce a standing section after its lifted for people who'd like it, providing that the cost and practicalities of doing so in the stadium are feasible.

because safe standing areas are designed for standing. the people behind are higher up so can see over you, and there is a railing to stop you falling over

214 posts