The Weakest Link costs us again

222 posts
Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 15 Jan 2007 15:57

Gordons Cumming
Vision we will have to replace him because the defence will have lost all confidence in him .

Strange..............you usually make sense. :shock:

Have you spoken to the others then? Murty, Ingar, Shorey and Sonko?

Yes they're all close personal friends :wink:

The point is that these things build up over a period of time. Our back 5 has generally been a major asset due to the understanding and confidence they have had in each other. However if Marcus continues to make poor decisions then it doesn't take much for that confidence to be eroded and that trust to disappear ( shit i sound like a marriage guidance councillor ). I think there have been some signs of this in recent weeks.

As individuals i believe all the back 4 regulars have stepped their game up this season. I don't think Marcus has followed suit.

79Royal

by 79Royal » 15 Jan 2007 15:57

The ball went in near the corner. If he had stayed on his line and been beaten, we'd have hammered him for it.

Hanhemann's decision making in terms of coming or staying on his line is not what I see the problem as. What he needs to do is go in all guns blazing (!) and take out everything in his path. He seemed to try to catch the ball for the goal, when he should have been like a bulldozer and knocked Johnson and DLC out of the way to reach it.

I think a lot of keepers would have come for that ball and made it theirs. That's what Hanhemann needs to do next time. Attack the ball and not wait for it to drop into his hands.

Our number 1 has made more saves than any other keeper in this division so far this season and I'd wager that he's saved us more points than he cost us.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 15 Jan 2007 16:05

Gordons Cumming
Top Flight
Gordons Cumming
Vision we will have to replace him because the defence will have lost all confidence in him .

Strange..............you usually make sense. :shock:

Have you spoken to the others then? Murty, Ingar, Shorey and Sonko?

So whats your opinon then Cumming?

Is our goalkeeper position an area that needs to be improved upon during the next two transfer windows. As in now in Jan if possible or in the Summer, if again possible?

Marcus is here to stay for the forseeable future with the possibility of someone else to push for his place.

The guys a legend.

OK?

I await Vision's response. :wink:

Fair Enough......... He is the best keeper at our club and there are very few keepers out there who are better than him.

Reading is now the 9th best team in the Country and we have high hopes and wish to improve further.

If Coppell can find someone that is better than Hahnemann and who ticks his 4 boxes then I think he should go for it. However finding a better keeper than Hahnemann who we can afford will be incredibly difficult. Because Hahnemann is a legend.

But if we do want to improve our team, replacing him is a priority. But I agree that it probably won't happen in the near future because who is better than Marcus that ticks Coppell's 4 transfer boxes? That player may or may not become available in the next 2 or 3 years. Who knows. If Coppell can find him, then I'm sure he will replace Marcus.

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 15 Jan 2007 16:06

Gordons Cumming If Marcus had stayed on his line he'd have been critizised.

He'd have been called indecisive. :roll:

He would have caught the header.

He made the wrong decision, accept. Not the first time he has attempted to come for a ball only to miss it totally.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 15 Jan 2007 16:08

Gordons Cumming
Top Flight Space Cruiser.............................

But when you probe the lad he always seems to have his head screwed on and a sensible view.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Don't be shocked Cumming........

You're another poster that can't be assed to put more than 2 lines together and you have to be physically asked to stop you from sitting on the fence.

Tinrib

by Tinrib » 15 Jan 2007 16:09

79Royal

Our number 1 has made more saves than any other keeper in this division so far this season and I'd wager that he's saved us more points than he cost us.

I'd agree with that train of thought...

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 15 Jan 2007 16:13

Top Flight
You're another poster that can't be assed to put more than 2 lines together and you have to be physically asked to stop you from sitting on the fence.

...............do you know why?

I actually have work to do. :wink:

Thinking about it.......................must get on......................

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 15 Jan 2007 16:14

Ideal
79Royal Hanhemann's decision making in terms of coming or staying on his line is not what I see the problem as. What he needs to do is go in all guns blazing (!) and take out everything in his path. He seemed to try to catch the ball for the goal, when he should have been like a bulldozer and knocked Johnson and DLC out of the way to reach it.

I agree, he didn't even get his hands up.
He should have gone in fists first and knee up, KO'd the shit out of Johnson.

What, like Carlo Nash did to Dave Kitson?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Jan 2007 16:16

79Royal The ball went in near the corner. If he had stayed on his line and been beaten, we'd have hammered him for it.

Hanhemann's decision making in terms of coming or staying on his line is not what I see the problem as. What he needs to do is go in all guns blazing (!) and take out everything in his path. He seemed to try to catch the ball for the goal, when he should have been like a bulldozer and knocked Johnson and DLC out of the way to reach it.

I think a lot of keepers would have come for that ball and made it theirs. That's what Hanhemann needs to do next time. Attack the ball and not wait for it to drop into his hands.

As has already been said, he would have caught it if he'd stayed put.

I would ask, can you honestly sit and there and pick one game that we have won this year where you came away thinking that if weren’t for Hahnemann we’d have lost that game. I really can’t.

People keep bringing up the fact that he has made more saves than any other keeper this year and that is a fact. But again, I’ll ask you how many were no more than routine saves. For example, in the West Ham game I believe they had 5 shots on target all saved – all from outside the area or one that was mis-hit IIRC. All saves you would expect a keeper to make. Again nobody is questioning his shot stopping ability but other aspects of his game that are causing concern game after game.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 15 Jan 2007 16:21

Gordons Cumming
Top Flight

What do you do Gordons? What is your job?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 15 Jan 2007 16:25

Top Flight
Gordons Cumming
Top Flight

Can't tell you, would have to kill you. :wink:

I work in a design office.At the moment............

79Royal

by 79Royal » 15 Jan 2007 16:27

Stranded
79Royal The ball went in near the corner. If he had stayed on his line and been beaten, we'd have hammered him for it.

As has already been said, he would have caught it if he'd stayed put.

I would ask, can you honestly sit and there and pick one game that we have won this year where you came away thinking that if weren’t for Hahnemann we’d have lost that game. I really can’t.

People keep bringing up the fact that he has made more saves than any other keeper this year and that is a fact. But again, I’ll ask you how many were no more than routine saves. For example, in the West Ham game I believe they had 5 shots on target all saved – all from outside the area or one that was mis-hit IIRC. All saves you would expect a keeper to make. Again nobody is questioning his shot stopping ability but other aspects of his game that are causing concern game after game.

Yes, I agree that he probably would have caught had he stayed back, but he had a split second to make a decision and the ball was dropping in his vacinity. I don't have a problem with him coming for that ball per se, but if he is going to come for it he needs to raise hell and make the ball his.

I'm not trying to exonhorate him from blame, I just think that his decision to come for the ball wasn't necessarily the wrong one. It his attempt to go for it that I would question.

In relation to your other question, I can certainly think of save he made in the West Ham away game, Sheff Utd game and Tottenham game that were important saves. It's only really Murty and Shorey out of the back five that have stepped up, I've not been totally convinced by Sonko or Ingimarsson either. They have both had off days too.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 15 Jan 2007 16:31

79Royal They have both had off days too.

Off days?

Totally unacceptable.

Replace them all.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 15 Jan 2007 16:48

Gordons Cumming
79Royal They have both had off days too.

Off days?

Totally unacceptable.

Replace them all.

I actually think Ivar has been our most consistent player of the season. Sonks is either brilliant or liable to make mistakes which is all the more reason we need our keeper to be more decisive. Hopefully that man will be Marcus but frankly i have my doubts

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 15 Jan 2007 17:04

Gordons Cumming
Top Flight
Gordons Cumming
Top Flight

What do you design? Websites? I need a website designed. If thats up your street.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 15 Jan 2007 17:05

Top Flight
Gordons Cumming
Top Flight
Gordons Cumming
Top Flight

What do you design? Websites? I need a website designed. If thats up your street.

Fraid not..............................Offices.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 15 Jan 2007 17:11

If you see me online tomorrow, please tell me to F*ck off, because I really need to be focussing on my work as well instead of talking rubbish on HNA. Do that or make my arguments look stupid so I get embarrassed and quietly retreat behind my work. Thx.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 15 Jan 2007 17:12

The only game I can remember coming away from this season thinking "Wow, the 'keeper really kept us in that" was last Tuesday.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 15 Jan 2007 17:13

Top Flight If you see me online tomorrow, please tell me to F*ck off, because I really need to be focussing on my work as well instead of talking rubbish on HNA. Do that or make my arguments look stupid so I get embarrassed and quietly retreat behind my work. Thx.

The only rubbish you've talked about today is suggesting that Spacey ever makes any sense. That was just ridiculous.

Now get back to work.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 15 Jan 2007 17:15

Royal Rother
Top Flight If you see me online tomorrow, please tell me to F*ck off, because I really need to be focussing on my work as well instead of talking rubbish on HNA. Do that or make my arguments look stupid so I get embarrassed and quietly retreat behind my work. Thx.

The only rubbish you've talked about today is suggesting that Spacey ever makes any sense. That was just ridiculous.

Now get back to work.

I wondered when you'd pick that one up. :wink:

222 posts