The Warnock post match moan thread

239 posts
SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 22 Jan 2007 12:40

philM, in respone to Royal 'pompous nancy boy' Rother, You complete and utter fairycake.

Hence why I suggested that he take up needlework. Thinking about it, he might injure himself with the needle.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 22 Jan 2007 12:41

philM Duh! I never thought he did want Gillespie sent off... Did I say that?

You complete and utter fairycake.

You just said that Warnock was expecting it to happen so presumably had sent him on with the instruction to elbow Hunt.

What other outcome than a sending off would you expect from an elbow to the head these days?

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 22 Jan 2007 12:42

Royal Rother - why is someone elses opinion "bullshit"?

If you disagree with it, fine. Life is about opinions.

But if you have neither the class nor education to be able to argue without the need to resort to abuse, than frankly you are no better than a male version of Jade Goody.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 22 Jan 2007 12:43

rotherwick_royal From the BBC website:

Sheffield United boss Neil Warnock faces a 10-match touchline ban after being sent to the stands in Saturday's fiery match against Reading. (Daily Mirror)

Shame :wink:

For doing what exactly?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 22 Jan 2007 12:45

I think Neil Warnock has been adding comments to Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wally_Downes

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 22 Jan 2007 12:45

Royal Rother

Sheffield United boss Neil Warnock faces a 10-match touchline ban after being sent to the stands in Saturday's fiery match against Reading. (Daily Mirror)

For doing what exactly?

For getting sent to the stands, you dunce.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 22 Jan 2007 12:52

Mr Angry Royal Rother - why is someone elses opinion "bullshit"?

If you disagree with it, fine. Life is about opinions.

But if you have neither the class nor education to be able to argue without the need to resort to abuse, than frankly you are no better than a male version of Jade Goody.

What you said was so devoid of merit that it deserved even shorter shrift than I give to Spacey's banalities, but I apologise if it caused you offence. Read the rest of the thread and hopefully you will see why I believe it be bullshit.

As one of the most relentlessly polite and fair-minded posters on here (who has to put up with a daily dose of sub-normal insults from our resident half-wit) your jibe at me is severely misplaced.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 22 Jan 2007 12:53

SpaceCruiser
Royal Rother

For doing what exactly?

So how many games do you expect the aggressor, Wally Downes, to be banned for?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 22 Jan 2007 12:57

Pompous RR As one of the most relentlessly polite and fair-minded posters on here (who has to put up with a daily dose of sub-normal insults from our resident half-wit) your jibe at me is severely misplaced.

Oh, I think it was well deserved.

Pompous RR So how many games do you expect the aggressor, Wally Downes, to be banned for?

:lol: @ your description of him as the "aggressor", when he was only reacting to what Warnock might have said. And Warnock has been previously warned about his conduct, whereas Downes hasn't been - don't you read what others write, or are you too far up your own arse to consider what other people write as correct? By the way, I'd expect Downes to be banned for 1 to 3 games.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 22 Jan 2007 12:59

SpaceCruiser :lol: @ your description of him as the "aggressor", when he was only reacting to what Warnock might have said.

THat makes Downes the agressor. Warnock just inflamed the situation but did not show any agression, even after Downes shoved him.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 22 Jan 2007 13:00

Royal Rother
SpaceCruiser
Royal Rother

For doing what exactly?

So how many games do you expect the aggressor, Wally Downes, to be banned for?

The difference is that Warnock's already on a suspended 4 match ban for events at Leeds last season.

I actually think he will get off with a warning, unless the ref heard something that Warnock's not letting on. Wally will undoubtedly be banned.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 22 Jan 2007 13:00

Wycombe Royal
SpaceCruiser :lol: @ your description of him as the "aggressor", when he was only reacting to what Warnock might have said.

THat makes Downes the agressor. Warnock just inflamed the situation but did not show any agression, even after Downes shoved him.

Was his stamping gesture not an aggressive action?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 22 Jan 2007 13:02

SpaceCruiser
Wycombe Royal

Was his stamping gesture not an aggressive action?

That is irrelevant - the agression was not aimed at any individual. It was an inflammatory action in the situaton but it was not agressive towards any individual.

You really need to take those blinkers off.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 22 Jan 2007 13:20

Royal Rother
Mr Angry Colin's blatant gesturing to his players to do Hunt was a disgrace; I, for one, hope that the FA finally come down hard on this apology for a football manager.

I'm sorry but that's just complete and utter bullshit.

This is what you posted; where in that can I detect someone who is fair-minded and reasonable?

All I could see (and continue to see) is an apologist for Warnock, who treats the views and opinions of tose who differ from his own with rudenuss and pomposity.

You sir, are an idiot.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Jan 2007 13:21

Wycombe Royal

He may be a lot of things but Colin isn't stupid! His face showed he knew only too well what would happen if he tried to show any agression towards Wally!

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 22 Jan 2007 13:21

Have I missed something here?... If so I am prepared to be whoooshed.

But was it not clear what Warnock said from the pictures on match of the day. It has been quoted too by a blade on one of their forums.

Warnock's actual words, I believe were 'Monty.. break his oxf*rd leg' and then the stamping motion.

I watched out for it last night on MOTD2 and I agree that that was what was said. The blade fan who posted it says he watched it 20 times and is sure of this.

If this is so..then although not vindicating Wally's actions, you can see the reasoning behind them.

It also puts Mr Colin in some big sh1t.

No whoosh please.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 22 Jan 2007 13:40

londinium

It does if it's true. If it turns out to be the case then Warnock is a bigger idiot than I thought with comments like 'I'm lucky the ref heard what I said'.

Also might fit in with why Gillespie went on the pitch with the intent of doing some damage - was he put up to it by Warnock? If so then he was dropped in it by his mgrs comments about letting the side down, which might explain rumours of his transfer request :?:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 22 Jan 2007 13:44

Mr Angry
Royal Rother
Mr Angry Colin's blatant gesturing to his players to do Hunt was a disgrace; I, for one, hope that the FA finally come down hard on this apology for a football manager.

This is what you posted; where in that can I detect someone who is fair-minded and reasonable?

All I could see (and continue to see) is an apologist for Warnock, who treats the views and opinions of tose who differ from his own with rudenuss and pomposity.

You sir, are an idiot.

I'm sure Spacey will welcome you to his rather exclusive club!

DelBoyRodders
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by DelBoyRodders » 22 Jan 2007 13:54

londinium Have I missed something here?... If so I am prepared to be whoooshed.

But was it not clear what Warnock said from the pictures on match of the day. It has been quoted too by a blade on one of their forums.

Warnock's actual words, I believe were 'Monty.. break his oxf*rd leg' and then the stamping motion.

I watched out for it last night on MOTD2 and I agree that that was what was said. The blade fan who posted it says he watched it 20 times and is sure of this.

If this is so..then although not vindicating Wally's actions, you can see the reasoning behind them.

No whoosh please.

That is excatly what I could read from Warnock's lips when I watched it again on TV last night. Somehow I don't think Royal Rother will want to recognise that.

If the FA panel watch and accept the same piece of film, and more likely an independent person on the touchline heard what he said (fourth official) and adds it in his report, then Warnock is in deep trouble.

Warnock's argument that it was a reference to Sidwell's earlier tackle is only a fabrication after having the best part of the 2nd half to think up a suitable story.

Without an damning evidence the FA would have to accept Warnock's versions of events, but with his past record and independent evidence against him then his time as manager of SUFC could well be coming to an end.

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 22 Jan 2007 13:56

Royal Rother
Mr Angry
Royal Rother

You sir, are an idiot.

I'm sure Spacey will welcome you to his rather exclusive club!

The club does seem to be rather exclusive Ive just applied to join only to be advised of the long waiting list!

239 posts