FA Cup R5 - Who did you want, because it's..... Man U Away

347 posts
Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 29 Jan 2007 13:53

Stop crying people! It's a huge game will get loads of media attention - due to Coppell's past with Man Ure. Coppell may be forced to put out a good team as the doyle's and sidwell's ll all want to play in this one.

and to top it all I live 3 (count em) miles from Old Trafford

what a terrible draw.....not....

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 29 Jan 2007 13:53

Stop crying people! It's a huge game will get loads of media attention - due to Coppell's past with Man Ure. Coppell may be forced to put out a good team as the doyle's and sidwell's ll all want to play in this one.

and to top it all I live 3 (count em) miles from Old Trafford

what a terrible draw.....not....

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Jan 2007 13:53

Skin
Stranded
Huntley & Palmer Shit draw for me, Utd's reserve team is more than capable of beating us at OT. I'll only go if the ticket price is around £20 and they don't move it from a 3pm Saturday game.

I can guarantee now that the Man Utd Channel (BBC1) will show the game at either 5.15pm on the Saturday or 2pm on the Sunday.

Agreed. Mind you Sun is one day nearer to Champions League, might be to our advantage.

In that case, definitely be Sat at 5.15pm.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 29 Jan 2007 13:54

cmonurz Full strength team please Copps.

I don't agree. The players that got us to the 5th round deserve to keep their places and their chance to play at OT.

Bowman's Quiver

by Bowman's Quiver » 29 Jan 2007 13:54

Skin
Stranded
Huntley & Palmer Shit draw for me, Utd's reserve team is more than capable of beating us at OT. I'll only go if the ticket price is around £20 and they don't move it from a 3pm Saturday game.

I can guarantee now that the Man Utd Channel (BBC1) will show the game at either 5.15pm on the Saturday or 2pm on the Sunday.

Agreed. Mind you Sun is one day nearer to Champions League, might be to our advantage.

Clutching at straws, maybe, but Utd won't want to risk knocks so close to the Lille game on the following Tuesday in the CL. Could work in our favour if the likes of Rooney and Ronaldo are rested.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 29 Jan 2007 13:55

5:15 KO on Saturday would be just about manageable.

fruits

by fruits » 29 Jan 2007 13:55

Rawlie19 I was confident of a good run in the cup this year, but that draw is the worst we could have had. Even ¢he£$ea would have been easier than ManUre. They're likely to rip us to shreds. Hope to be proved very wrong, but not confident anymore. :cry:

Why should they tear us apart, only one team has done that all season? The Arse and that was our own fault as we sat back and let them play,instead of playing them the Bolton way. Man Ure beat us 3-2 ,two of their goals were questionable to say the least,the biggest problem is whoever the ref is will be worth a goal to them. There is nothing to fear ,but fear itself.

Think of all the lovely money, even if we do lose.

Must admit once I heard prize twerp Brooking introduce the draw ,I just knew it would be the most difficult draw for us.

Nil Desperandum. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 29 Jan 2007 13:55

Stranded
readingbedding
Great Knolly Shame.

Is that the worst Reading FC moment since losing to Plymouth in 2005 ?

We could still get through. What side will Coppell put out now ?

You what?

The worst moment since losing to Plymouth, we haven't even played them yet...

If Fergie is even thinking about dropping Rooney and Ronaldo to the bench, he'll bring them on during the match.

We'll be ready.

He means the actual draw. It could have been a relatively easy home tie against a Plymouth or a Blackpool. Instead we are drawn away to currently the best team in the country.

I have no doubt we will give them a game and could spring a surprise but personally I'm a tad deflated at the moment.

Oh well, you'll get over it.

Old Trafford was fantastic over Xmas and with more fans there it will be a great atmosphere.

Remember Di Canio.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 29 Jan 2007 13:57

Just remember chaps, when we made the Semi Finals of the cup way back 80 years ago we beat ManU on the way....

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 29 Jan 2007 13:58

At what point are people going to make their minds up about this competition? We haven't played our first XI, much to my dismay at the time. We can't now say, "Play our strongest available". It would not be fair on the fringe players that have put in the efforts to get us here.

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 29 Jan 2007 14:01

Huntley & Palmer 5:15 KO on Saturday would be just about manageable.

That would be better IMO.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Jan 2007 14:01

Huntley & Palmer At what point are people going to make their minds up about this competition? We haven't played our first XI since the 3rd round, much to my dismay at the time. We can't now say, "Play our strongest available". It would not be fair on the fringe players that have put in the efforts to get us here.

Have to agree that it'll be a very similar side to the one that has played so far. The game could see Doyle's return from injury mind you.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 29 Jan 2007 14:01

readingbedding
Great Knolly Shame.

You what?

If Fergie is even thinking about dropping Rooney and Ronaldo to the bench, he'll bring them on during the match.

We'll be ready.

It could be our greatest moment. Dumping Man U out of the FA Cup at OT would really put us on the map.

I predict a draw :D

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 29 Jan 2007 14:02

Not a great draw but glad that manyoo won't want the game switched to Sunday so I'll at least be able to watch on the telly!

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 29 Jan 2007 14:02

Huntley & Palmer At what point are people going to make their minds up about this competition? We haven't played our first XI since the 3rd round, much to my dismay at the time. We can't now say, "Play our strongest available". It would not be fair on the fringe players that have put in the efforts to get us here.

You're right.

Coppell has said that he'll always play a team that he feels that he can win the match.

But even with our best XI it would be tough beating Man Utd at home, but it's happened before and it can happen again.

Great Knolly

by Great Knolly » 29 Jan 2007 14:02

Coppell is allowed to change his mind. It would be stubborness verging on stupidity to put out the "development XI" against Man Utd at Old Trafford.

I'd like to see Reading put out their best side in this game. It seems ridiculous to even have to say it !?
Last edited by Great Knolly on 29 Jan 2007 14:04, edited 1 time in total.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 29 Jan 2007 14:04

I have no problem with players returning from injury getting a place, but not at the expense of a player like Oster or Bikey.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 29 Jan 2007 14:05

I am somewhat stunned how some Reading supporters can be disappointed to get drawn away to the biggest team in the world in the oldest club knock out competition in the world during our first ever season in the top flight of English football during which we have acquitted ourselves with great style and generated a growing appreciation from all sections of the country's football media and particularly its Southern based floating supporters.

This is brilliant for the club and the result is no foregone conclusion.

Man Utd will not play their first team, that's for sure, so why should we expect to get stuffed? It's beyond me.

(Of course it would have been lovely to get drawn at home to Plymouth, then home to Derby, then against Norwich before meeting Blackburn at Wembley, but that was just a tad unlikely.)
Last edited by Royal Rother on 29 Jan 2007 14:06, edited 1 time in total.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 29 Jan 2007 14:06

rotherwick_royal
readingbedding
Great Knolly Shame.

You what?

We'll be ready.

It could be our greatest moment. Dumping Man U out of the FA Cup at OT would really put us on the map.

I predict a draw :D

That's the spirit.

Ok so it's not Ipswich, but we'll have to play Man Utd sooner or later.

I'm looking forward to it.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Jan 2007 14:07

But isn't it great when the BBC website says 'Manchester United will face Premiership rivals Reading'.

A mere dream just a decade ago!

347 posts