Bill Oddie

170 posts
philM

Re: Bill Oddie

by philM » 03 Apr 2015 18:24

Bill Oddie Official
@BillOddie: Bill Oddie Bill Oddie rub your beard all over my body. With pleasure, tomorrow before Reading V Cardiff. I am excited. I think!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Apr 2015 07:28

Bill Bailey, Bill Bailey
Rub your beard all over me daily

Oops, sorry, wrong Bill

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 04 Apr 2015 14:00

Sat on the next table to me....I have so far resisted the temptation to ask him to rub his beard on me......

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 04 Apr 2015 20:53

Told Dellor Reading are his second team now after Man Utd :lol:

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 04 Apr 2015 21:20

It was a shame really.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 06 Apr 2015 01:01

The Cube
The Cube I always had this vague wish that one day I'd be at an away game, probably in some cold Northern town like Bury or Bolton, when at half-time the PA guy said, "And now a special guest to draw the winning lottery ticket - it's our old friend Bill Oddie!" The home fans would greet this with a smattering of polite applause, but the away end would go into absolute meltdown. 17 separate Bill Oddie chants would start up, all clashing with each other and fading quickly as those responsible failed to maintain their over-ambitious starting volume. Meanwhile those Reading fans in the concourse would be spilling back through the vomitories trying to see what was going on - and of course starting up their own chants rather than joining in with any of those already in progress.

The Cambridge graduate and ex-Goodie himself would look slightly bemused, but in these days of celebrity cult would simply assume that he had an especially big following back in Berkshire (and make a mental note to ask the agent to slot in some extra speaking engagements there).

However, I also understand that Bill Oddie doesn't do personal appearances like drawing half-time raffle tickets without a large amount of cash heading his way first. And consequently, the chances of the above ever happening are very slim. Also, like any self-respecting professional Northerner, he lives in Hampstead.

On the football front I've heard two apparently conflicting stories - one is that he detests football (believable if misguided), and the other is that he supports Ipswich (I can't work out any connection he has with Ipswich at all). But in these days of Paul Jewell maybe there is some common ground to be found there, though.

Looks like this dream is going to more-or-less come true on Saturday...

Edit - Or alternatively I've just fallen for a day late April Fool.

Much of this came to pass, Bill being bemused and the failure to coordinate chants especially

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 06 Apr 2015 09:06

The Cube On the football front I've heard two apparently conflicting stories - one is that he detests football (believable if misguided), and the other is that he supports Ipswich (I can't work out any connection he has with Ipswich at all). But in these days of Paul Jewell maybe there is some common ground to be found there, though.
Bill claimed to be a Man Utd fan, so that blows the Ipswich theory out of the water and puts the detesting football one under some doubt.

I only hope Bill Oddie (and Uri Geller come to mention it) never get picked up as part of Operation Yewtree on account of not having been involved in any 1970's celebrity shenanigans..... although on the face of it, one wears a beard (literally on the face of it) and the other is a famous bender, of spoons.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 06 Apr 2015 13:07

He was born in Rochdale so being a half arsed Man United fan is probably about right. Probably got taken to a few games as a youngster but had no real interest in the game again until the gentrification and respectability of being a "footy" fan came about in the Premier League 90s.

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 07 Apr 2015 11:40

Just seen this on memories of Reading facebook page:

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

Re:

by Z175 » 08 Apr 2015 20:20

Forbury Lion I only hope Bill Oddie (and Uri Geller come to mention it) never get picked up as part of Operation Yewtree on account of not having been involved in any 1970's celebrity shenanigans..... although on the face of it, one wears a beard (literally on the face of it) and the other is a famous bender, of spoons.

Always a risk of innocent banter looking more sinister a few years later... from page 1

madstadblues Rolf Harris, Rolf Harris
Rub your beard all over my 'Arris

170 posts