Dave Mooney Signs

168 posts
The Echo

Re: Dave Mooney is Signing

by The Echo » 21 Aug 2008 20:34

Norfolk Royal
Baines
The Echo When I get my weekly shop and I purchase I pack of six barn eggs. I know theres a good chance not all of these eggs will make it to the fridge in one piece. Five will last for the week. Six is a bonus, but five will last. Coppell has similar sensible insurance. We won't go short up front for now.

:lol:

Why won't all the eggs make it then? I've never had a problem.

You been to Asda lately? Depends on the class of eggs. Credit crunch cuts deep these days. Just ask John Madejski.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 21 Aug 2008 20:44

I only use Waitrose.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 24 Aug 2008 17:06

He turned down Palace last January - http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... _to_palace

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Cork hate us with a passion

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 24 Aug 2008 22:54

Archie's penalty
juanpablo http://www.ccfcforum.com/forum/Dave-Mooney-joins-Reading-un-t25829.html&st=480&start=480

"Some of the comments about Guinness and other little things from Coppell over the years makes him one of my most despised people in this sport and i am following the game for a long time.His total lack of respect for our club/fans has been disgraceful."

seems to all stem from Dolan tapping up Doyle and Long from what i can gather? Anybody know the true story thats caused the hate? I assumed it was because of the cheap cash we paid for Doyle but i wasnt aware there was anything wrong with how we went about it?

sorry im sure its been covered before somewhere

Lol at Cork City for KKKopell!!!

What did he say for them to call him this?

If I remember correctly, he talked about watching the match through a Guinness haze. The comment was taken out of context to imply he was saying everyone there was a pisshead, when he was actually saying he'd had a couple himself.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 25 Aug 2008 07:47

Thought the comments were about sell on clauses for a very cash strapped Cork City team. Doyle being sold and Mooney coming in but i might be reading too much between the lines.

hutch

by hutch » 25 Aug 2008 08:19

Just watched the goals compilation on you tube, Mooney looks a good player, left foot, right foot, headers and penalties!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get him in the team against Luton and watch him go. Seems a good bit of business by the club. Maybe Doyle and Lita will buck up their ideas now with N Hunt and Mooney on the scene breathing down their necks?

Moderator 5

by Moderator 5 » 25 Aug 2008 09:33

hutch Just watched the goals compilation on you tube, Mooney looks a good player, left foot, right foot, headers and penalties!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get him in the team against Luton and watch him go. Seems a good bit of business by the club. Maybe Doyle and Lita will buck up their ideas now with N Hunt and Mooney on the scene breathing down their necks?
But they'll still be paid the same money, so why will they care?? That's the problem.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

Doyle's replacement wants to light up Royals (interview)

by readingbedding » 28 Aug 2008 12:58

Former electrician Dave Mooney is hoping he can give Reading even more of a spark up front.

The new £200,000 signing from Cork City made his living as a sparky while playing for Longford and Shamrock Rovers.

But he is now keen to make his mark in the English Championship playing alongside the likes of established international stars like Kevin Doyle, Bobby Convey and Ibrahima Sonko.

Mooney said: “To be given an opportunity is good. From the moment I spoke with people from the club it just felt the right club for me.

“It happened over night. I didn’t really have that much choice in moving as the club (Cork) is in receivership.

“But Reading is a massive club. When you see the lads that have come here and developed then it was just a good opportunity for me.”

Mooney’s future has been a subject of much debate in Ireland over the past 12 months after his success with the Rebels.

He finished the Eircom League’s top scorer last season and had already rattled in 20 goals in 29 matches this term before his switch to Madejski Stadium.

And he said: “Last year was more stressful. I was only a part-time player until February as I was an electrician.

“But since then I have just concentrated on my football and done everything right.

“I enjoyed my time there (at Cork). It was only a short stint, but it was really enjoyable. It’s a family run club, similar to Reading and it bodes well for the future.”

Mooney made his Royals debut in Tuesday night’s 5-1 demolition of Luton Town when he came on as a sub with 30 minutes to go.

Royals were down to 10 men for much of the time as Reading had already used all three of their permitted subs and Julian Kelly left the field with a shoulder injury.

Mooney said: “We went down to 10 men soon after I came on so there was a bit of running there, but it was good to get on.

“It was just a matter of running, but I think the boys played really well and it could have been seven or eight.

“It was good to sample the atmosphere and integrate with the boys."

168 posts