Hunt dissapointed

260 posts
Streets

Re: Hunt dissapointed

by Streets » 03 Sep 2008 16:00

Denver Royal
Streets I don't recall anyone getting on Sidwell's back.

LOL...maybe you are new to this board and missed all the posts saying how 'replaceable' he is. And a bad influence in the dressing room and on the training ground. And the cruel personal comments about his money-grabbing shopping freak of a wife. Or the photos in here of Shorey's wedding (at a time when Shorey was the blue eyed boy - LOL) with Sidwell in the wedding party...and people telling Shorey he should choose better mates. Yeah, nobody gave Sids a hard time. :roll:

Er no. Not new in the slightest. And no I don't recall any hard time he got from the stands. And that's where it counts. Not a poxy interweb forum. HTH

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Sep 2008 16:02

Southbank Old Boy
brendywendy this is a bit much now

the bloke said right at the beginning of the window "i would prefer to be in the prem"
so the statement, "im disapointed not to be back in the prem" cant come as a shock for anyone

and like someone said before at least hes honest, with the club and with us.
id prefer that to him smiling through gritted teeth, saying everythings rosy , then running off out of the blue in january or whenever

brendywendy the 5M release clause that you negotiated, were happy with, and signed up to hunty?

then what right do you have to be angry about it?

:? :? :?

Are your sure you're not a woman brendy, you seem to change your mind like one :lol:

not changing my mind, its just the different quotes engender different reactions
"im disapointed not to be back in the prem" is fine By me

"im angry" is not ok
nor is "i deserve better"
and nor is "i could have been a bad apple, but i wasnt, so i deserve to be let go for less money than im worth"

Theyre all shit quotes, and id like to see hunts response when back from the INTL break.
but generally i can understand that he would be disappointed to be at reading instead of everton
and understand it in terms of his quote earlier in the summer about being honest with fans

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 03 Sep 2008 16:03

Streets
Denver Royal

LOL...maybe you are new to this board and missed all the posts saying how 'replaceable' he is. And a bad influence in the dressing room and on the training ground. And the cruel personal comments about his money-grabbing shopping freak of a wife. Or the photos in here of Shorey's wedding (at a time when Shorey was the blue eyed boy - LOL) with Sidwell in the wedding party...and people telling Shorey he should choose better mates. Yeah, nobody gave Sids a hard time. :roll:

Er no. Not new in the slightest. And no I don't recall any hard time he got from the stands. And that's where it counts. Not a poxy interweb forum. HTH

Well, perhaps you should have posted that rather than making a frimmersesque attempt at explaining a factually incorrect statement.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 03 Sep 2008 16:07

Steve Coppell I'm sure there were a couple of players in our squad on Tuesday morning who felt they'd missed out but I hope they re-focus quickly.

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pa ... 93,00.html

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 03 Sep 2008 16:12

winchester_royal Funny how neither Harps nor KD have said anything like this....even though they have done 10x more for the club than Hunt has ever done.

Saw snippets of a SSN interview with Doyle yesterday and he was actually saying pretty much the same thing including a quote about "the manager having a loss of memory".

Most modern footballers are tossers, why people are getting so wound up about this particular one just because he happened to answer truthfully a couple of questions from the Irish Press rather than hide behind "playerspeak" is beyond me.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 03 Sep 2008 16:19

winchester_royal
brendywendy the 5M release clause that you negotiated, were happy with, and signed up to hunty?

then what right do you have to be angry about it?

Exactly. If anything he should be angry with Everton. If they had just paid the 5mil up front, rather than trying to structure the payment then he could have had his move.

Er, or maybe he should be angry with Everton for not making an offer?

Or even better yet, he should be angry with his agent for lying to him!

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 03 Sep 2008 16:23

There's a certain hilarity of it taking less than 24 hours before two of our players start bickering about not leaving the club.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 03 Sep 2008 16:24

Vision
winchester_royal Funny how neither Harps nor KD have said anything like this....even though they have done 10x more for the club than Hunt has ever done.

Saw snippets of a SSN interview with Doyle yesterday and he was actually saying pretty much the same thing including a quote about "the manager having a loss of memory".

Most modern footballers are tossers, why people are getting so wound up about this particular one just because he happened to answer truthfully a couple of questions from the Irish Press rather than hide behind "playerspeak" is beyond me.

Because fans don't like to hear players critiscise their club, especially when they still play for them, and even more so when they earn good money, and even even more when we made him what he is.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 03 Sep 2008 16:26

papereyes There's a certain hilarity of it taking less than 24 hours before two of our players start bickering about not leaving the club.

...and of the fans trying to come to terms with it. :P

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Sep 2008 16:26

papereyes There's a certain hilarity of it taking less than 24 hours before two of our players start bickering about not leaving the club.

and goes to show how hard it is to hold onto a player if he truly wants out

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 03 Sep 2008 16:30

Denver Royal

...and of the fans trying to come to terms with it. :P

I'm not going to read the whole thread, but have we decided that they're not very good now, like we did with Sidwell.

That showed him!

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 03 Sep 2008 16:32

winchester_royal
Vision

Because fans don't like to hear players critiscise their club, especially when they still play for them, and even more so when they earn good money, and even even more when we made him what he is.

I'm afraid what fans like or don't like is of little consequence to modern footballers. Sad but true

Actions speak louder than words and his attitude on the pitch so far this season is really all I'm concerned with. Thats been pretty much exemplary but if people prefer to pillory a player for a few rather daft and ill informed words then who am i to argue.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 03 Sep 2008 16:36

I don't like the fact that Hunty spoke to the press (and Doyle did as well) but, as others have said, it's the agents/press who are at fault here.

Agents are normally educated people who are out PURELY for themselves. Their products are the footballers and thus to make money they HAVE to create gossip and tell their clients they are amazing. Their clients are also not very bright to put it mildly. No wonder the agents are able to wrap players round their little fingers!

The (football) press are also in general scoundrels who play on the same gossip that agents rely on. They are of course not as bad as the agents but they also need to bear a lot of the responsibility for the state of the game today. As you all know 10 years ago there were much less column inches about the game.

Football is a hyped up monster.

I'm prepared to give Hunty and Doyle a chance before I start booing them.

Btw Harper hasn't said anything has he? God bless you James.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 03 Sep 2008 16:40

Streets
Denver Royal

I remember there being debate about Sidwell getting a little abuse from the stands

I don't remember him getting much at the time though to be fair, although there were a few murmours towards him early on after his feeding his family comments

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 03 Sep 2008 16:42

Archie's penalty Btw Harper hasn't said anything has he? God bless you James.

Funny enough, quite a lot on here believe that he's not happy and wants to move. I wonder what they're basing their unfounded opinion on....?

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 03 Sep 2008 16:50

Hmmm, just seen this via NewsNow, apparently Coppell has commented on Hunt's words.... :|

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/ ... 67,00.html

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 03 Sep 2008 17:00

So let me get this right, both Doyle and Hunt had bids received for them at some point this season before the window shut. We said "No" because the amount offered was not in line with our valuations. Players hear about interest from other clubs through their agent, await confirmation from club that they can talk to club. Both clubs don't meet the valuation, therefore players not asked if they would like to speak to them. Players get frustrated and talk to the press about it.

Now, why are either of these two events different to those of Kitson or Sonko? Because the clubs met the valuation required. End of

it really stuns me how up their own arse RFC fans are when it comes to players wanting to play at a club that is better than us. True, it would be great if players would take it on the chin and not go to the press but all 99% of them are interested in is earning more money and playing at a higher level. Have people thought that perhaps Doyle and Hunt are worried about whether their international prospects may be harmed by being back in the Championship? That to progress further they need to take the step back up? The clubs and fans mean pretty much nothing, get on with it

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 03 Sep 2008 17:03

Huntley & Palmer So let me get this right, both Doyle and Hunt had bids received for them at some point this season before the window shut. We said "No" because the amount offered was not in line with our valuations. Players hear about interest from other clubs through their agent, await confirmation from club that they can talk to club. Both clubs don't meet the valuation, therefore players not asked if they would like to speak to them. Players get frustrated and talk to the press about it.

Now, why are either of these two events different to those of Kitson or Sonko? Because the clubs met the valuation required. End of

it really stuns me how up their own arse RFC fans are when it comes to players wanting to play at a club that is better than us. True, it would be great if players would take it on the chin and not go to the press but all 99% of them are interested in is earning more money and playing at a higher level. Have people thought that perhaps Doyle and Hunt are worried about whether their international prospects may be harmed by being back in the Championship? That to progress further they need to take the step back up? The clubs and fans mean pretty much nothing, get on with it

Thanks for that.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 03 Sep 2008 17:05

No problem

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 03 Sep 2008 17:09

H&P, I would have understood his anger had RFC actually turned down an offer. Sure he might have heard of the interest from Everton and expected to hear confirmation. However, I do not understand why he is angry because there was no offer so how can he expect to speak to them if that was the case? He has no cause to be angry, absolutely none.

260 posts