Leave Shane alone.

166 posts
SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Leave Shane alone.

by SCIAG » 11 Oct 2008 16:06

Victor, one minute you complain that our strikers aren't tall enough, the next you complain that we signed a 6"1 striker! :|

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 11 Oct 2008 17:33

PEARCEY
earleyroyal
brendywendy

:roll:

everyone knows lower case facts arent worth the espace theyre written on son

what you need is an upper case FACT

like the FACT that shane long gives 110% every game

'Fulham at home last season' is all I can say to that FACT.

He wasn't exactly the only one was he Mr Early..er FACT

He certainly wasn't as I said earlier in the thread (or maybe it was another thread). Doesn't make it acceptable.

FACT :wink:

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 11 Oct 2008 19:46

SCIAG Victor, one minute you complain that our strikers aren't tall enough, the next you complain that we signed a 6"1 striker! :|

Admittedly I have only seen him in the warm-up at Charlton where he didn't look that big to me nor does he have much of a physique.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 12 Oct 2008 13:08

Victor Meldrew
Archie's penalty
Victor Meldrew The shame about both Noel and Shane in my view is that they can't hold the ball up when played from the back and their heading ability is only apparent when they attack the ball.

:shock: I think Hunt holds the ball up better than any of our strikers.

He's as strong as an ox.

Bikey is as strong as an ox.
N Hunt is by comparison about as strong as a calf.
N Hunt has so far done o.k but IMHO not enough to warrant the adulation that some posters already give.
For the moment though I think he deserves his place in the side but I just wish we had the alternative option of a different type of striker to what we now have-none of whom are over 6ft .
What I would like is a bull of a striker to rough up defenders and provide the different option from the bench-he doesn't need to be an ox though. :wink:

BTW very impressed with young Church last night for Wales U21s taking his limited chances well against an England defence with Premiership experience-it makes me wonder why we bothered to get Mooney.

I think Hunt is our best striker regarding holding up the ball. Maybe he's not as strong as an ok but I think he's strong enough.

Often balls get played up to him and he positions his body in a way which means the defender can't get it. It reminds me of the way M. Hughes used to do it.

And I too was very impressed with Church. He's a big guy with a good touch. Looks to have a bright future.

Stooper
Hob Nob Regular

by Stooper » 12 Oct 2008 14:31

Just do what Bradford do and release makie it public that the fans who criticise him are idiots:

http://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/page/Ne ... 06,00.html

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 12 Oct 2008 16:51

Stooper Just do what Bradford do and release makie it public that the fans who criticise him are idiots:

http://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/page/Ne ... 06,00.html

Bradford Fans in "booing Omar Daley" shock!

He must have been worse than I originally throught.

166 posts