Madejski Out and I mean Out

281 posts
winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: Madejski Out and I mean Out

by winchester_royal » 22 Aug 2009 23:22

shoey prove me wrong then :o

All I'll say is wait and see.

shoey

by shoey » 22 Aug 2009 23:24

Well if it were someone in the mould of jm, then brill, but its like sc leaving and now having rodgers and being shit, jm could go, most fans atm would rejoice, NOT ME, as pointed out, and then we get a mike ashley kind!
then we go broke etc etc

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Brick by Brick

by Wimb » 22 Aug 2009 23:25

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Wimb WR is right, the banks see we haven't got massive revenue streams and have now called in the overdraft. If you lent money to someone who had a 30k a year job and suddenly they were on 10k, wouldn't you want your money back sooner rather then later?

where did the overdraft come from?

The club figures show we didn't have one at all in 2006/7, yet it was £7 million the following year. We made a £6 million profit in both of those seasons.

Player bonuses, signings, new media centre. Could be any number of things

MeMeMe

Re: Peeved

by MeMeMe » 22 Aug 2009 23:32

Deathy
FiNeRaIn I don't plan on renewing my season ticket until a change of regime, can't be arsed with the club taking the piss out of the fans anymore.

Great show of support. Perhaps you can also stop posting about how the team played when you aren't there to make a fair judgement.

Deathy your a dick.... your support is BLIND support :roll: . I suppose if the club charge you a grand a year to renew your season ticket (if you have one) and put out a team of cheap home grown kids in Div2, you will still give your BLIND support !.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 22 Aug 2009 23:33

shoey Well if it were someone in the mould of jm, then brill, but its like sc leaving and now having rodgers and being shit, jm could go, most fans atm would rejoice, NOT ME, as pointed out, and then we get a mike ashley kind!
then we go broke etc etc

You'll end up disappointed then if what I've been told is correct.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 22 Aug 2009 23:38

MeMeMe
Deathy
FiNeRaIn I don't plan on renewing my season ticket until a change of regime, can't be arsed with the club taking the piss out of the fans anymore.

Great show of support. Perhaps you can also stop posting about how the team played when you aren't there to make a fair judgement.

Deathy your a dick.... your support is BLIND support :roll: . I suppose if the club charge you a grand a year to renew your season ticket (if you have one) and put out a team of cheap home grown kids in Div2, you will still give your BLIND support !.

LOL @ newb trying to argue with Deathy. :lol:

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 22 Aug 2009 23:38

MeMeMe
Deathy

Why not? If you feel value out of it then sure.

Some people enjoy the ups and downs of supporting their local side and put faith in those that run it. Some people have the patience to wait and see how the season or even the season after pans out before throwing their toys out of the pram.

Supporters have never been afraid to protest if things are wrong for a long period. I.e on the pitch after Palace at Elm Park and PANTS day etc.

It's not blind support its faith in your team and realising that you still support the 11 lads out there whoever they are and whatever the cost. I'd rather not have the stadium filled with snobs who'll only go and watch someone if he cost XXX amount.

That's why we had fans in the old Division 4.

But that's also why the 7,000 or so who watched Premiership football yet wouldn't turn up for a playoff game are also to be respected, they made a choice and so be it.

Make the choice, watch the team or stay at home.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 22 Aug 2009 23:40

shoey SJM saved this club, has bank rolled it for years before the last few good days years, and i will never want a man out of the club who has saved it from dying.

But we can't cling to that. Look at the last couple of seasons! We're going backwards and at an alarming rate. The buck stops with the chairman. He doesn't want to plough much more of his money into the club. He wants it to run itself as best as possible, and sell asap. Meanwhile we continue to decline.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 22 Aug 2009 23:43

MeMeMe
Deathy

You're a weirdy.

I don't understand what you're getting at? I'm more than happy to watch my club in League 1, League 2, the Conference... with real fans, passionate fans that you recognise at games, that support their club no matter what. It's not blind support, it's sharing a passion for something that matters to you and that you stick by through the good and the bad times.

As said before, you come across as a spoilt little shit, and your username seems to support that.

You're also responding to FineRain, who can't be arsed to go to games, yet has an awful lot to say about the team and how we play.
Last edited by Deathy on 22 Aug 2009 23:47, edited 1 time in total.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 22 Aug 2009 23:46

Deathy
You're a weirdy.

I don't understand what you're saying? I'm more than happy to watch my club in League 1 again with real fans, passionate fans that you recognise at games, that support their club no matter what.

You're responding to FineRain who can't be arsed to go to games, yet has an awful lot to say.

If going down means we manage to clear out muppets like Finerain and TWYI then it wouldn't in any way be a disaster IMO.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 22 Aug 2009 23:53

Receiving an insult from you holds about as much water as a sieve. You don't have much football knowledge and I see you as nothing but a wasp around a picnic....irritating.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 22 Aug 2009 23:55

Can't we all just get along?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Aug 2009 23:56

SLAMMED Can't we all just get along?

No, all these people are utter disfunctional w*nkers

Sir Dodger Royal
Location: Cyberspace - pulling the strings. You know it makes sense.

by Sir Dodger Royal » 23 Aug 2009 09:09

The Campaign is under way and the Madman's wig is slipping. Let's get rid of the t****r. All Reading Fans should be repsonding to all the Online National newspapers with Madejski out. Every Saturday text the football league show 81111 and lay it on that Madejski has reached the end of the line. He wants to go and it looks like that his asset stripping will screw the Club anyway.

Nothing to lose as by next Saturday we will be bottom of the League. Ensure the intensity of the campaign gathers pace.

You know it makes sense.
Last edited by Sir Dodger Royal on 23 Aug 2009 10:01, edited 1 time in total.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 23 Aug 2009 09:11

Can I just delete this SDR ego-stroking oxf*rd now?

ROKERITE

by ROKERITE » 23 Aug 2009 09:27

It strikes me that the day Madejski arrived at Reading Football Club was a lucky day for Reading supporters. He built a fine stadium. He appointed a Manager who brought top-flight football to Berkshire for the first time ever. He's now head-hunted a very promising and exciting young manager in Brendan Rodgers. Madejski has made it quite clear for years that he'd like to sell the club to someone who can invest more; he'd rather hand over the reins now.
If Madejski walked out of the club next week because he was fed up with the flak he's receiving, Reading would be in a right mess; so be careful what you wish for!

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Brick by Brick

by PEARCEY » 23 Aug 2009 09:50

Victor Meldrew Coming back to the Brick by brick point.
Leaving the ground we were talking about last season when we finished 4th,yes 4th so not far at all from automatic promotion.
Most clubs in that position,especially with one year's parachute under their belts plus the residue of the 2nd Premiership season plus the knowledge that there is another £11 million this season to come would surely have taken the view that probably a couple of ADDITIONS to the squad could see us in with a shout of promotion again.

If we had finished say 15th I would understand the cull but we finished 4th,or am I imagining it?
Nobody,as an earlier poster has said,was expecting a Man City level of new signings,but even if Doyle,Hunt and Bikey couldn't be persuaded to stay I would have thought that say £6 or £7 million of the transfer receipts at the very least would have been invested in new players as replacements.
My conclusion is what people used to say incessantly years ago "the club doesn't want promotion" was and is correct and whereas in my innocent younger days I could never believe that to be true I have to say that in these more advanced and cynical years I do believe it now to be true.

If the club had been honest pre-season and actually said on the lines of "this season your tickets will be reduced by 20% because we acknowledge this to be a season of change when we will give all of our young players a chance,something which we know the fans have been waiting for just as much as the club has because of the vast investment in The Academy" I reckon the 11,000 season ticket holders might well have jumped to say 14,000.
That could have meant more long-term guaranteed revenue and the fans might well have appreciated such honesty and felt that they too were part of this change and we are all in it together,club and fans as one.
As it is I feel that a lot of fans regard the approach of the club as deceitful especially when we are treated as idiots by the club in being expected to accept the hype about ambition which still gets spouted by club staff.

One final point about the subject of booing.
Winchester Royal implied that the young players would be affected-the only booing addressed to the board came at the very end when many were asking where the money has gone and I didn't hear any of the young players being booed.
I think our fans have shown great tolerance when we haven't seen a league win at home since (?) January and those fans want these young players to do well so don't pretend that any of the players are getting a hard time from the fans,it just isn't true.

Good post VM. I would add that fans at any other club in the land would have reacted just like ours yesterday and in many cases long before now. Reading fans have over the years been extremely patient in my view but that patience is now being very sorely tested.
One further point. I like Rodgers. I hope he succeeds. He will fail though unless he starts blending experience with youth. We desperately need two or three good quality signings next week. No excuses.

Sir Dodger Royal
Location: Cyberspace - pulling the strings. You know it makes sense.

by Sir Dodger Royal » 23 Aug 2009 10:00

At present at the rate he is going we could be back where he came in. Firstly he is not investing and secondly he can't walk away because he owns the bloody club.

As usual he is all talk and no action. If he really wanted to sell the Club at a sensible price then that can be arranged. The problem is he wants to scam any new buyers in the same way as he has for the past three seasons scammed RFC fans. Those are the facts. Real Facts.

You know SDR is spot on as usual. Get reallllllllllllllllllll

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 23 Aug 2009 10:03

Sir Dodger Royal Get reallllllllllllllllllll

Is there something wrong with your keyboard, or do you do that on purpose?

Royal Monk

by Royal Monk » 23 Aug 2009 10:04

Actually i do feel that iv'e been scammed. All the money i have put into RFC over the last 20 years will not be payed back to me yet the greedy chairman wants back everything he has put in ..... doesn't seem right to me

281 posts