Rival Watch

17530 posts
SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Rival Watch

by SouthDownsRoyal » 23 Jul 2023 09:49

Mr Angry Having sacked Duncan Ferguson after just 6 months in charge, Forest Green Rovers have appointed their current Academy Manager as their caretaker 1st Team Coach.

Hannah Dingley becomes the 1st female Manager of a Men's Professional side in English football.

For 13 days.

Do we think Forest Green were after a bit of publicity

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Jul 2023 11:27

SouthDownsRoyal
Mr Angry Having sacked Duncan Ferguson after just 6 months in charge, Forest Green Rovers have appointed their current Academy Manager as their caretaker 1st Team Coach.

Hannah Dingley becomes the 1st female Manager of a Men's Professional side in English football.

For 13 days.

I think it was more a question of first member of staff the owner saw after sacking Ferguson gets the interim job. She didn't even apply for it full time.

For all their climb up the leagues, I dont think they're a terribly well run club, if I'm honest, the owner seems to have his head up his arse, talking about establishing them in the Championship in a village of 6,000 people and a hardcore fanbase of about 1,000. Follow the crowds on matchday and you end up in the garden centre.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 23 Jul 2023 11:35

From Despair To Where?
SouthDownsRoyal

For 13 days.

I think it was more a question of first member of staff the owner saw after sacking Ferguson gets the interim job. She didn't even apply for it full time.

I dont think they're a terribly well run club, if I'm honest, the owner seems to have his head up his arse, talking about establishing them in the Championship in a village of 6,000 people and a hardcore fanbase of about 1,000. Follow the crowds on matchday and you end up in the garden centre.

There's probably about 20-30,000 people in the Stroud 'urban' area; there are much bigger places without a professional club though. They're competing with both Bristol clubs, Cheltenham and Swindon for supporters, all of whom have much more history than Forest Green. Being established in League One is probably the absolute limit of Forest Green at the moment - and that's at a push.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Jul 2023 11:51

Clyde1998
From Despair To Where?
SouthDownsRoyal
For 13 days.

I dont think they're a terribly well run club, if I'm honest, the owner seems to have his head up his arse, talking about establishing them in the Championship in a village of 6,000 people and a hardcore fanbase of about 1,000. Follow the crowds on matchday and you end up in the garden centre.

There's probably about 20-30,000 people in the Stroud 'urban' area; there are much bigger places without a professional club though. They're competing with both Bristol clubs, Cheltenham and Swindon for supporters, all of whom have much more history than Forest Green. Being established in League One is probably the absolute limit of Forest Green at the moment - and that's at a push.

Their owner is one those who financially back Just Stop Oil which has given the Labour Party a dilemma whether they should return the donations he gives them as a result of the activities of JSO.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 23 Jul 2023 12:06

Clyde1998
From Despair To Where?
SouthDownsRoyal
For 13 days.

I’m in Cheltenham area and most people here are villa fans.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Jul 2023 12:19

Clyde1998
From Despair To Where?
SouthDownsRoyal
For 13 days.

Rugby's also a bigger sport in that area as well, I'd imagine.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 23 Jul 2023 14:39

From Despair To Where?
Clyde1998
From Despair To Where?

It certainly is, with the Cherry & Whites just down the road in Gloucester. Living in Gloucestershire, towards the Welsh border, I know far more people who take more interest in the funny ball game than the round ball game.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 27 Jul 2023 15:42

Wigan's Jack Whatmough and Jamie McGrath have terminated their deals over contract breaches made by club: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66323284

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 27 Jul 2023 16:18

Clyde1998 Wigan's Jack Whatmough and Jamie McGrath have terminated their deals over contract breaches made by club: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66323284

Saw on Twitter that Wigan fans have subsequently outed Whatmough to his wife for having an affair

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Jul 2023 16:20

Brum Royal
Clyde1998 Wigan's Jack Whatmough and Jamie McGrath have terminated their deals over contract breaches made by club: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66323284

Saw on Twitter that Wigan fans have subsequently outed Whatmough to his wife for having an affair

Classy

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 27 Jul 2023 21:09

The Royal Forester
From Despair To Where?
Clyde1998 There's probably about 20-30,000 people in the Stroud 'urban' area; there are much bigger places without a professional club though. They're competing with both Bristol clubs, Cheltenham and Swindon for supporters, all of whom have much more history than Forest Green. Being established in League One is probably the absolute limit of Forest Green at the moment - and that's at a push.

It certainly is, with the Cherry & Whites just down the road in Gloucester. Living in Gloucestershire, towards the Welsh border, I know far more people who take more interest in the funny ball game than the round ball game.

Our end of the Forest appears mainly to be people who have moved out from Bristol in the last few years.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 27 Jul 2023 21:20

rabidbee
The Royal Forester
From Despair To Where?

Our end of the Forest appears mainly to be people who have moved out from Bristol in the last few years.

Can't say I blame them moving to the forest from Bristol. May help to dilute the ruggers with some more footies!

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 29 Jul 2023 21:21

Fcuk el Classico, ladies and gentlemen I give el brokeico - Reading Fc vs Peterborough United.

A Canadian investment fund that claims it is owed £14.6million by a company that owns half of Peterborough United has mentioned the possibility of putting the League One club into administration.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 29 Jul 2023 21:24

Brogue Fcuk el Classico, ladies and gentlemen I give el brokeico - Reading Fc vs Peterborough United.

A Canadian investment fund that claims it is owed £14.6million by a company that owns half of Peterborough United has mentioned the possibility of putting the League One club into administration.

Excellent, we’ll be 9 points ahead of them after next weekend

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 29 Jul 2023 21:26

The house of cards is on the verge of collapse.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Jul 2023 07:41

Brogue Fcuk el Classico, ladies and gentlemen I give el brokeico - Reading Fc vs Peterborough United.

Well that should quieten the away support abuse down a bit anyway!

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 31 Jul 2023 08:15

yes, just saw this as well. While Dai has clearly run out of available funds, there is definitely a case of "be careful what you wish for" when it comes to getting alternative investors in. Similar fact pattern at Derby when a US debt fund called in its loans. Interesting to note the Peterborough stadium has been placed into receivership.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/spo ... since-2009

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 31 Jul 2023 20:03

3points yes, just saw this as well. While Dai has clearly run out of available funds, there is definitely a case of "be careful what you wish for" when it comes to getting alternative investors in. Similar fact pattern at Derby when a US debt fund called in its loans. Interesting to note the Peterborough stadium has been placed into receivership.

Excellent chance of an early trophy...
The Admin Cup

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 01 Aug 2023 09:41

3points yes, just saw this as well. While Dai has clearly run out of available funds, there is definitely a case of "be careful what you wish for" when it comes to getting alternative investors in. Similar fact pattern at Derby when a US debt fund called in its loans. Interesting to note the Peterborough stadium has been placed into receivership.

Posh owner:

"as per club comment; no chance of that happening. Lot of usual noise. Same last summer. I’m still here. Still paying our bills on time as I have done for 17 years"

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 05 Sep 2023 00:00

We can go bottom 4 with defeat to Bolton if Wigan and Orient win and Carlisle get a point.

17530 posts