Pauno out

3542 posts
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Pauno out

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Jan 2022 13:21

According to ya man Courtney Friday (I know) "No plans to sack Pauno after Saturday. Wasn’t discussed. Club still behind him and understand he’s in a ‘difficult’ position".

Fcuk this shit.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Jan 2022 13:27

I'm not even that bothered that we lost anymore. It's the lack of acknowledgment, responsibility or remorse for what was one of the worst results in our history. It was "only the cup" but it was still a complete embarrassment.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 10 Jan 2022 13:33

indeed and when asked if he had a message for the fans he almost took dellors head off. he may not respect the cups but the fans still do.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Jan 2022 14:11

Arteta apologises to Arsenal fans and questions the team’s commitment, to losing to a team in the league below.

Meanwhile our pcunt-in-charge chalked it off as a bad day and not to expect much improvement in Jan. What a fcuking oxf*rd. Twat needs to piss off back to Serbia to manage children, I’ll buy his plane ticket myself.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 10 Jan 2022 14:22

CountryRoyal What a fcuking oxf*rd. Twat needs to piss off back to Serbia to manage children, I’ll buy his plane ticket myself.

:arrow: Tennis thread

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Jan 2022 14:38

Pepe the Horseman According to ya man Courtney Friday (I know) "No plans to sack Pauno after Saturday. Wasn’t discussed. Club still behind him and understand he’s in a ‘difficult’ position".

Fcuk this shit.

He's lost the fans, he's a dead man walking.

They may not be ready to push the button but they're thinking about it. They just won't admit it.

I'd say he has a max of 3 games left without getting a win.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Jan 2022 14:46

Snowflake Royal
Pepe the Horseman According to ya man Courtney Friday (I know) "No plans to sack Pauno after Saturday. Wasn’t discussed. Club still behind him and understand he’s in a ‘difficult’ position".

Fcuk this shit.

They may not be ready to push the button but they're thinking about it. They just won't admit it.

if as expected we lose against Fulham and Boro, then doubt he'll be here. Reckon he'll get those 2 games

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 10 Jan 2022 14:50

Hound
Snowflake Royal

Fcuk this shit.

if as expected we lose against Fulham and Boro, then doubt he'll be here. Reckon he'll get those 2 games

Agreed, although he's not lost all fans. There are enough nutty ones like me left.

I suspect a re-run poll after a poor performance against Fulham will show a significant swing and it'll be hard for owners to ignore.

Boro as well and there'll be pitchforks, provided by me.

I'd be stunned if they're not looking around hard for replacements.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Jan 2022 14:51

Millsy
Hound
Snowflake Royal He's lost the fans, he's a dead man walking.

Agreed, although he's not lost all fans. There are enough nutty ones like me left.

I suspect a re-run poll after a poor performance against Fulham will show a significant swing and it'll be hard for owners to ignore.

Even Stam and Rodgers didn't lose everyone.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 10 Jan 2022 14:54

Snowflake Royal
Millsy
Hound

Even Stam and Rodgers didn't lose everyone.

True. I was one of I think two who stuck by Rodgers till the end, and now look at him 8) Stam couldn't bugger off soon enough though. Having said that I wouldn't expect owners to listen to the views of outliers - I think you're right he's already lost the fans.

I reckon the Harriers interview is up there with Rodgers' famous interview.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Jan 2022 14:58

I actually think Rodgers would've turned things around. We had started to improve from what I remember. Stam, on the other hand, we were a sinking ship.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Jan 2022 15:01

Can't disagree that if we lose the next 2, then it will be very, very hard for the owners not to act. If we somehow manage to pick up 3 or 4 points though, ahead of potentially winnable games v Luton & Huddersfield then things may suddenly look a lot brighter.

Who the hell knows what's going to happen next.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 10 Jan 2022 15:06

Lose next two and my money is on Andy Carroll for player manager.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Jan 2022 15:23

Pepe the Horseman I actually think Rodgers would've turned things around. We had started to improve from what I remember. Stam, on the other hand, we were a sinking ship.

That improvement was miniscule if it existed. Less of an improvement than Clement showed even.

Maybe he'd have kept us up, and if he did, it could have improved afterwards. But he spent loads, badly, had us playing badly and his solution was to be given millions more. Didn't inspire confidence.

Getthebeerens

by Getthebeerens » 10 Jan 2022 15:45

Anyone else concerned that Pauno isn't going any where soon ?

His comments about January being a hard month suggests to me that maybe the owners are expecting this and are giving him time.

Either way need to back the team even if you don't back the manager in the next few games as we need points quickly.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 10 Jan 2022 16:10

Getthebeerens Anyone else concerned that Pauno isn't going any where soon ?

His comments about January being a hard month suggests to me that maybe the owners are expecting this and are giving him time.

Either way need to back the team even if you don't back the manager in the next few games as we need points quickly.

I'm not concerned because I have faith he will turn it around, granted that faith is slipping away game by game and took a big hit on Saturday.

He has already labelled that February will be the month where hopefully we can kick on, January transfer window is done so we know what our squad is for the rest of the season, our injury situation should hopefully have improved so that we have a full matchday squad available etc. I think he's onto something there as well but I hope it comes sooner than that of course.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 10 Jan 2022 16:28

If for whatever reason we can't/won't get rid of him (paying off his contract etc) then I'd hope they'll get in some advisors or something, or some change of personnel.

Sort of how Mad Dog saved Parj (and Reading)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Jan 2022 16:37

I'll be surprised if he sees out the month. He's been on borrowed time for the odd positive result and postponements since the beginning of November.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 10 Jan 2022 17:08

He's lost the fans, and Fulham and Boro up next. He wont survive if we lose those two.

I've never been in favour of Parky returning as manager before, but he would instil blood and guts into this team and knock some heads together.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 10 Jan 2022 17:13

Snowflake Royal

I'll be surprised if he sees out the month. He's been on borrowed time for the odd positive result and postponements since the beginning of November.

I also thought our league form since Nov had been sh1te but its actually been 2-3-2 so mid table.

It just feels bad due to lack of points re covid and Sat & Derby.

3542 posts