You're Reading manager for the Jan transfer window

183 posts
Oi Oi Saveloy
Location: Going crackers for Cararcas, or bonkers for Belgium

Re: You're Reading manager for the Jan transfer window

by Oi Oi Saveloy » 08 Jan 2011 13:47

Transfers In

I would give lots of hints that we were looking to sign a few decent players but do nothing. I would then make a statement in the press a few days before the windows closes saying that "The club is hoping to bring someone in but only for the right price." WIth supporters speculating who the mystery player is over the internet, I would then wait until the last day of the transfer window and state to the local press that "I am happy with what I've got" and moan about the over inflated transfer prices and also state that "bringing in another player to the squad would only disrupt the spirit with the current squad and they should be given a chance" even though I have stated on many occasions my desire to actually sign someone

Transfers out

Any player not close to the first team would be allowed out on loan or sold for a nominal fee....got to get that wage bill down after all. With regards to the more important first team players where the club could potentialy get a decent fee, I would dismiss any speculation in the press about them and make it clear that these players are not for sale as the club is not under any pressure to sell. On the final day of the transfer window when prices are at their highest i would sell one of these players for as much as possible, even though there would be no time to sign a replacement. The fans will be outraged, but there are a would few months until the next transfer window so plenty of time to bombard them with statements about the cost of running a football club , cutting the cloth, sensible financial planning etc...The fans will forgive and forget in a few weeks anyway..just like they always do. After the sale I would state what a grate job
Nicky Hammond did with negotiating such a great sale for the club and hail it as a huge success for Reading FC

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 28 Jan 2011 17:33

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 379815.stm

Davies has joined Bristol R on loan as many on here said they'd look to do

phil in cornwall

by phil in cornwall » 28 Jan 2011 22:09

Big Foot http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bristol_rovers/9379815.stm

Davies has joined Bristol R on loan as many on here said they'd look to do

How many on here would Bristol Rovers want?

183 posts