SIGNED - Daniel Carriço

420 posts
Stuboo

Re: Daniel Carrico Signs for RFC

by Stuboo » 31 Dec 2012 23:09

Impressive signing. If he's Sporting Lisbon's captain, he must be good. Great news.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 31 Dec 2012 23:14

The Royal Atletico Madrid are considering lauching an offer for Sporting centre-back Daniel Carrico, according to A BOLA.The 21-year-old is highly rated in his homeland of Portugal and is believed to be a likely choice for the Seleccao in the future.

Source for this? Only the Seleção is the Brazilian national team. The term isn't often used for the Portuguese, Angolan or Mozambique national sides without further qualification.

The Royal

by The Royal » 31 Dec 2012 23:21

SCIAG
The Royal Atletico Madrid are considering lauching an offer for Sporting centre-back Daniel Carrico, according to A BOLA.The 21-year-old is highly rated in his homeland of Portugal and is believed to be a likely choice for the Seleccao in the future.

Source for this? Only the Seleção is the Brazilian national team. The term isn't often used for the Portuguese, Angolan or Mozambique national sides without further qualification.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer ... el-carrico

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 31 Dec 2012 23:21

hail the new messiah

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

Re: Rumour - Daniel Carriço

by SPARTA » 31 Dec 2012 23:39

ReadingKC Help me understand how excited anyone should be with a guy who can't get a game this year for a below mid table Sporting Lisbon team? Is this cover for Mapps/Pearce/Morrison?

He's been in dispute over his contract, just as Pearce is here. He can place CB and CDM and is absolutely perfect for us; in fact this is a fantastic signing for this club! He's also captain of SL, so McAnuff can move over in the near future too.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 31 Dec 2012 23:41

MouldyRoyal Being billed by Reading as a midfielder so expect him to replace Legs in the 4-5-1

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... 70705.aspx

There is a God!

ZacNaloen Because I know people will be wondering, the second C like character in Carriço sounds like an S

Daniel Carr-e-so

Daniel Lar-u-sso

Just what this midfield's been missing...

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 31 Dec 2012 23:56

royalsteve £600K, what an amazing signing!!

+1 nicky hammond is incredible!

RichyBigPants

by RichyBigPants » 01 Jan 2013 00:05

From the looks of the video he looks to have better ball control than Legs, but probably not as decent as Bas Savage! :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmLR9dvFKuo

jellytot

by jellytot » 01 Jan 2013 00:23

So what is he then? Defensive midfield? We need at least one more cm and one that has all the
tricks.

Who else will we get? Arshavin a no go?

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 01 Jan 2013 01:25

I think Reading gaol's most famous resident (not mike hammer)... Said

I wouldn't want to be a member of a club that would have me as a member...

It strikes me that too many on this board have a similar frame of mind....

While are in the Premier League, we are one of an exclusive group of 20, this guy was offered a contract by RFC, and took it.... Enjoy... If he turns out go be an awesome signing... Great, if not... Enjoy the feeling anyway...

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 01 Jan 2013 01:29

jellytot So what is he then? Defensive midfield? We need at least one more cm and one that has all the
tricks.

Who else will we get? Arshavin a no go?

He has played in the past CM, DM and his main position, CB.

I never knew much about him until the rumours started and I'm impressed with this signing, immensely!

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 01 Jan 2013 04:00

The thing that adds the most excitement to this signing, which has been said by others but needs to be reiterated, is we signed Carrico so early in the window it signals intent to our other targets, greatly enhancing our chances to get who we are looking at. Getting a player in who has either been a target of, or has been watched by, the likes of Man Utd, Man City, Real Madrid and Chelsea in the recent past is a coup for us and will create some buzz. Is he "the Messiah"? Nope and I hope people don't try to put that pressure on him. But he is going to be a centerpiece of this club moving forward and a very significant signing.

Great job on selling him on Reading FC by the club...

8)

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 01 Jan 2013 04:57

Libertine The thing that adds the most excitement to this signing, which has been said by others but needs to be reiterated, is we signed Carrico so early in the window it signals intent to our other targets 8)

Hope your right were in the shit and need to sign some decent players to try and get us out of it and stay up

I agree its a good signing this early but would love another 3 before end of January

I still live in hope of staying up

BM u can do it

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 01 Jan 2013 06:20

should bump the rougeometer a bit

good biz

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rumour - Daniel Carriço

by Millsy » 01 Jan 2013 08:44

2ww first with the confirmation: we might well be signing this guy. Stay tuned!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 01 Jan 2013 09:00

Wimb But Carrico built his reputation a few years ago, more recently he's started 16 times in 1 1/2 seasons. I have little doubt how highly thought of he WAS but look at how players like Ireland, Michel Johnson, David Bentley pan out.

I'm very much hoping it's a diamond in the rough, I'd just be a bit wary before thinking we've snagged a wonder kid on the cheap.

I agree with your reservations Wimb.

The Portuguese leagues are different to English football and this might be a slow burner of a signing when what we need is short term improvements more than anything.

In terms of it being a no lose gamble at such a good price, the only issue there is that we have a limited number of spaces in our Premier League squad and so we can't afford to be wasting them on signings that don't work out. We're in a position where we have to improve to have any chance of staying up and so the signings we make now are vital.

Longer term this does sound like a very good bit of business though.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

Re: No longer a Rumour - Daniel Carriço

by Barry the bird boggler » 01 Jan 2013 09:02

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 01 Jan 2013 09:22

Dekighted with the signing, but he must have come here knowing knowing that there is more of a fair chance that he will not be playing top flight football next season.

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 01 Jan 2013 09:34

Well he wasn't playing any football as it stood.

I hope he turns out to be as good as we all hope - my only worry is that not having played much this season and only ever playing 20 odd games a year, is that he'll take too long to get match fit and/or adapt to make a difference this season.

Born 'n Bred Royal

by Born 'n Bred Royal » 01 Jan 2013 09:37

Fantastic signing, hopefully this spells the end of Leigertwood being a first team player.

420 posts