Why wont the club tell us the truth?

196 posts
Green
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Why wont the club tell us the truth?

by Green » 05 Sep 2013 17:06

How are you planning to mark the half century, 64ers :?:

Maybe treat yourself to something from the club shop :?:

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 05 Sep 2013 17:07

They will sign players in January.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 Sep 2013 17:20

Are Anton & Hammond very naive?

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 05 Sep 2013 17:25

Pepe the Horseman Are Anton & Hammond very naive?

:mrgreen:

SINCE1964

by SINCE1964 » 06 Sep 2013 06:42

Bought the latest gnome last week, dam should have waited

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 06 Sep 2013 09:11

Extended-Phenotype They will sign players in January.

At last they have come out and said they don't have the money to invest. Big mouths and small pockets. Adkins looks well p...d off as well as the supporters. So clearly nothing has changed since Madjeski has gone. I wonder what cut the cloth is in Russian. It should go on the badge as our new emblem.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Sep 2013 09:33

@willow1871
Don't give anyone any stick (including me) until you hear Nigel Adkins tomorrow afteronn on @BBCBerkshire from 1 O Clock. Very interesting..

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 06 Sep 2013 10:03

To be fair to Adkins the article in the EP suggests that he has not tried to hide his disappointment at all. Good for him.

The dust has now settled and everyone including the manager knows we are 3 players short, but the question is what to do about it. The options are four fold.

1/ Try to find out of contract players

2/ Take experienced PL players on loan

3/ Take up and coming young PL players on loan.

4/ Fill the gaps with our own youngsters.

IMO there is only a point in 1/ if the player is one we really want - otherwise what is the point. Anyone who seriously thinks we have a chance of getting Sissoko is deluded and I am not sure he is more than a luxury player as far as we are concerned anyway. I would rather we used our young players.

2/ would only work if we could get the likes of Long or Siggy back. Again I can see no point in taking a PL journeyman (say like Dobie)

3/ is utterly pointless IMO. We are spending millions on our Academy so I would much rather we gave our own youngster's a chance.

So on balance for me it is now 4/ all the way. Let's just stick with what we have (23 first teamers) and fill the gaps with our own youngsters and see where we are in January.

And let's hope that if we are still in contention in January that the club don't fail in yet another transfer window. Overall while there is life there is hope so come on URZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

PS - this might be an interesting subject to take a poll on but I have no idea how to set one up - any takers?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Sep 2013 11:17

Set up a new thread. Below the box to type are the poll settings. Use them.

I'm not sure its particularly deluded to think we have a chance of signing a player we've had contract talks with. Unlikely maybe, but it wouldn't get that far if there wasn't a chance.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Sep 2013 11:42

Apologies if this has already been asked, but are loans deals from clubs outside the PL allowed after Sunday ?

I would agree that now is a great time to push some of our talented youngsters forward. If they make the jump then that is a huge bonus, if they don't then at least we've tried.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 06 Sep 2013 12:02

Latecomer to RFC appreciate that but as said elsewhere on another thread the financial benefits of staying in the Premier League are enormous. Presumably the club were not prepared to take the risk in case it didn't work out? It would be nice to know but probably never will. Frustrating isn't it!

You risk what you can afford to, regardless if the potential returns, or you're gambling with the clubs future, or the money of your investors. Either way, nit a great idea

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Sep 2013 12:09

@willow1871
Right.. I am telling you, A MUST, listen to Nigel Adkins (partly) tonight on Weekend kick off @BBCBerkshire 6pm and IN FULL tomoz #honest

Very interested to hear this Adkins interview. I have a funny feeling that he could end up walking. Wouldn't be the first time a manager has had issue with the board about this kind of thing (Rodgers)

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 06 Sep 2013 12:10

I hope he goes, never liked him.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 06 Sep 2013 12:15

paddy20

At last they have come out and said they don't have the money to invest. Big mouths and small pockets. Adkins looks well p...d off as well as the supporters. So clearly nothing has changed since Madjeski has gone. I wonder what cut the cloth is in Russian. It should go on the badge as our new emblem.

Try any of these.

Мы должны сократить наши ткани соответственно

мы на самом деле не имеют денег, чтобы инвестировать в команду

К сожалению Найджел мы не можем себе этого позволить

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 06 Sep 2013 12:18

Think nigel's comments are honest and truthful and pretty open. We tried, but the deals offered were not quite enough to bring in the quality of player we were after. We'll look at loans ans frees and give yoof a chance and try again in Jan.everyone at the club is disappointed in our failure.close thread.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 06 Sep 2013 13:01

paddy20

Anton and Hammond are afraid to sign players for Reading Football Club.

196 posts