MATCHWATCH : Birmingham City (h)

218 posts
TiagoIlori

Re: MATCHWATCH : Birmingham City (h)

by TiagoIlori » 22 Feb 2022 22:51

Definitely got a new manager bounce performance tonight. Could’ve easily gone behind before we scored but we had enough momentum to grind out the win. Players look a lot more motivated and disciplined (we were fantastic with set pieces a key weakness of ours under Pauno).

Defensively still a bit fragile, that will take a while to sort out, I felt at times there was far too much space in the middle which Birmingham did exploit. Attacking wise we looked very good, again I feel sometimes we run out of ideas and panic when building out from the back but we were quite direct tonight I thought so maybe that won’t be a problem.

In our remaining 13 games we need to keep doing this, fight for everything. It won’t be pretty but I think 4/5 more wins should be enough to keep us up comfortably.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 22 Feb 2022 23:07

St Pauli
PATRIQT It's always been political, nothing to do with race. American's woke up to that a year ago. We're still very asleep over here.

Often wondered whether your meathead username meant you actually were a meathead.

Confirmed.

Brainwashed by the mockingbird media. Confirmed.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Feb 2022 23:17

PATRIQT
St Pauli
PATRIQT It's always been political, nothing to do with race. American's woke up to that a year ago. We're still very asleep over here.

Often wondered whether your meathead username meant you actually were a meathead.

Confirmed.

At least we've got brains to wash.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 22 Feb 2022 23:26

Rahman out for 6 weeks, and we are scouring the free transfer market.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 22 Feb 2022 23:38

Ince's post match interview. What a refreshing change. No bullshit, just straight talking.

https://twitter.com/ReadingFC/status/14 ... uPy6g&s=19

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 23 Feb 2022 00:36

PATRIQT
St Pauli

Confirmed.

Excellent. We have another non ironic free thinker.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Feb 2022 01:19

Millsy I dont' remember them putting many crosses in. We seem to be doing something differently, and that's without a dedicated LB too.

At half time for the first time I think in two years we had MORE successful crosses than they did as it showed 0/0 for them! Incredible :shock:

Would be interested to see full time stats but I'm hoping it's a result of some positive tweaks and not luck.

Brum put plenty of crosses in. We had two incredibly narrow squeaks in the first half.
We had a good 15 mins in the second half where we scored two and may have grabbed another. At that stage Brum’s defence was all over the place.

It was nice to hear the Grandstand theme tune at the end. It’s been a while.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Feb 2022 01:30

Royal Rother
skipper Did we just do the double over Preston AND Birmingham this season??

You gotta be sh*t when...

...41% of our current points tally comes from games against Preston and Birmingham.

Hmmm if we go on calculations we need to factor the six point deduction in somewhere.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 Feb 2022 04:42

Zip
Royal Rother
skipper Did we just do the double over Preston AND Birmingham this season??

You gotta be sh*t when...

...41% of our current points tally comes from games against Preston and Birmingham.

Hmmm if we go on calculations we need to factor the six point deduction in somewhere.

40% of our wins have been v Preston and Brum.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 23 Feb 2022 05:59

PATRIQT
St Pauli

Confirmed.

Ah I see. It’s a shame that all the media I consume is controlled by the Jews, but all the media you consume isn’t.

I’m just unlucky I guess.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 23 Feb 2022 07:41

St Pauli
PATRIQT
St Pauli

Confirmed.

Ah I see. It’s a shame that all the media I consume is controlled by the Jews, but all the media you consume isn’t.

Adding Patriqt to my ignore list.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 23 Feb 2022 08:23

skipper
St Pauli
PATRIQT

Just cancel all who disagree with the Wokie culture?.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 23 Feb 2022 08:52

karbota
skipper
St Pauli

Sorry Karbota, you're also on my ignore list, so I cannee (and don't want to) see what you said.

Just ignore me and move on.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 23 Feb 2022 08:57

NathStPaul Ince's post match interview. What a refreshing change. No bullshit, just straight talking.

great interview.

Bit shocked we only have four defenders for the medium term. How long is Dann out for? Can Laurent play at the back?

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 23 Feb 2022 09:00

I was at the Coventry game (and at Spurs v Wolves as a tourist the following day). 100% of the players and the ref took the knee. More importantly, the crowd (as far as I could tell) applauded in both cases. Great stuff.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 23 Feb 2022 09:06

Big shout out for Morrison too, reaching 100 appearences last night. Given his age when we signed him, I'm impressed. He has been rock solid since joining us, and largely been ever present. Not sure why Birmingham let him go?

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 23 Feb 2022 09:11

NathStPaul Ince's post match interview. What a refreshing change. No bullshit, just straight talking.

"A different mentality"; this sums up the difference, and - inadvertently - is a damning criticism of the last few Month'f under Pauno.

It is only one game but he gives over an air of pragmatic positivity and realism that is reassuring.

Makes the fact he hasn't managed since 2014 all the more strange.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 Feb 2022 09:12

LUX

great interview.

Bit shocked we only have four defenders for the medium term. How long is Dann out for? Can Laurent play at the back?

Laurent can play at the back. But he's also injured...

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 23 Feb 2022 09:17

skipper Big shout out for Morrison too, reaching 100 appearences last night. Given his age when we signed him, I'm impressed. He has been rock solid since joining us, and largely been ever present. Not sure why Birmingham let him go?

Iirc, he was reaching the end of his contract and wanted a two-year deal, Birmingham were only prepared to offer him one-year.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 23 Feb 2022 09:34

Sanguine
skipper Big shout out for Morrison too, reaching 100 appearences last night. Given his age when we signed him, I'm impressed. He has been rock solid since joining us, and largely been ever present. Not sure why Birmingham let him go?

Iirc, he was reaching the end of his contract and wanted a two-year deal, Birmingham were only prepared to offer him one-year.

Yeah that was a mistake on Birmingham's part really to let him go, he's been really solid for us throughout his time here. Maybe his legs are starting to go a little bit, if we keep him on I'd only want him as a squad player next season and on a 1 year deal really but he's been really good for us.

218 posts