CONFIMRED - Relegation

197 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: CONFIMRED - Relegation

by Sutekh » 09 May 2023 14:26

Royal_jimmy Anyone know how much TV money we'll get next season?

The new deal just signed, which starts in July 2024 sees the FL collect £935,000,000 for 5 years worth of televised football. The total number of league games per season has been increased from the current (until the end of next season) 138 league games to 1,059 league games covered live on SKY's channels or their streaming destination. This new deal defines 10 FL games shown live every weekend (presuming that'll include Friday and Monday nights) with 5 games from the Championship and 5 games from Leagues 1 & 2.

As part of this the three FL divisions will get, I think, £179,000,000 per season in a 80/12/8 split, so the Championship would get £143,200,000 per season, League One would get £21,480,000 and League Two would be in for £14,320,000. In League Two that's £895,000 per club per season.

In addition clubs will also receive a share of £40,000,000 in marketing benefits across the 5 seasons using the same split (League 1 clubs would therefore each receive an additional £40,000 worth of marketing benefits per season).

The FL/ Sky in their statement claim that sides in Leagues 1 & 2 will be overall 25% better off under the new deal than they are currently, so I would therefore suggest that the TV money next season (the final season of the old TV deal) is worth in the region of £675,000 to Reading.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 09 May 2023 16:07

Sutekh
Royal_jimmy Anyone know how much TV money we'll get next season?

The new deal just signed, which starts in July 2024 sees the FL collect £935,000,000 for 5 years worth of televised football. The total number of league games per season has been increased from the current (until the end of next season) 138 league games to 1,059 league games covered live on SKY's channels or their streaming destination. This new deal defines 10 FL games shown live every weekend (presuming that'll include Friday and Monday nights) with 5 games from the Championship and 5 games from Leagues 1 & 2.

As part of this the three FL divisions will get, I think, £179,000,000 per season in a 80/12/8 split, so the Championship would get £143,200,000 per season, League One would get £21,480,000 and League Two would be in for £14,320,000. In League Two that's £895,000 per club per season.

In addition clubs will also receive a share of £40,000,000 in marketing benefits across the 5 seasons using the same split (League 1 clubs would therefore each receive an additional £40,000 worth of marketing benefits per season).

The FL/ Sky in their statement claim that sides in Leagues 1 & 2 will be overall 25% better off under the new deal than they are currently, so I would therefore suggest that the TV money next season (the final season of the old TV deal) is worth in the region of £675,000 to Reading.

I seem to recall that one or two posters saying going down a division, would mean less kick off times being moved would be an advantage in League 1, that worked out well, didn't it?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 14 May 2023 09:27

The silence from the club since relegation is starting to get a bit deafening

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 14 May 2023 09:32

Royal_jimmy The silence from the club since relegation is starting to get a bit deafening

Could you list the things you want them to say ?

I’d rather they got on with the business of turning the tanker round and if they never said a word, EVER, I’d see that as a real positive if allied to a reversal of fortunes.

Nothing they can say now, at least until a manager appointment is to be made, can make the slightest bit if difference

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 14 May 2023 09:41

Franchise FC
Royal_jimmy The silence from the club since relegation is starting to get a bit deafening

I’d rather they got on with the business of turning the tanker round and if they never said a word, EVER, I’d see that as a real positive if allied to a reversal of fortunes.

Nothing they can say now, at least until a manager appointment is to be made, can make the slightest bit if difference

I was hinting more from Dai or the CEO around the owners commitment to the club following relegation

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 14 May 2023 09:48

Royal_jimmy
Franchise FC

I was hinting more from Dai or the CEO around the owners commitment to the club following relegation

I know what you mean, but hopefully no news means Dai is still committed to the club and wants to put right the mess he has made.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 14 May 2023 10:13

Royal_jimmy
Franchise FC

Dai does read hobnob so may take your comments onboard

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 14 May 2023 10:33

If Dai reads HobNob, he'd have put serial whinger Jimmy on ignore years ago.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 May 2023 11:05

Franchise FC

Seen this sort of noise on Twitter. Yiadom, Holmes, Dai etc etc should be saying something etc. who cares. Come up with some meaningless guff about how sad it is but determined to bounce back etc

Bowen has made a statement and a public appearance recently. That’s more than enough for me

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 14 May 2023 11:51

Down here the manager and /or players are quoted every evening in the local paper and online with regular updates on injuries, post-match reaction etc..
That may well be OTT but our club has been dreadful at communicating with the fans for some years.

Somewhere in between the two strikes me as being about right.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 May 2023 11:55

Hound
Franchise FC

Seen this sort of noise on Twitter. Yiadom, Holmes, Dai etc etc should be saying something etc. who cares. Come up with some meaningless guff about how sad it is but determined to bounce back etc

Bowen has made a statement and a public appearance recently. That’s more than enough for me

Noone cares what the owner, DoF or manager has to say if things are going well. But they seem to expect a statement every week when it's bad.

What is there to say?

"Hey, things are shit right now. We're trying to do better."?

If anything's said it'll just be meaningless platitudes, or wishful goals. And no one is ever going tosayanything particular negative or insightful.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 May 2023 12:42

Snowflake Royal
Hound
Franchise FC Could you list the things you want them to say ?

Noone cares what the owner, DoF or manager has to say if things are going well. But they seem to expect a statement every week when it's bad.

What is there to say?

"Hey, things are shit right now. We're trying to do better."?

If anything's said it'll just be meaningless platitudes, or wishful goals. And no one is ever going tosayanything particular negative or insightful.

There should be some sort of statement, or media round done by Mark Bowen, once the new manager is appointed (esp. if the new guy is not really a "name" to put a buzz about the place).

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 14 May 2023 17:58

From Despair To Where? If Dai reads HobNob, he'd have put serial whinger Jimmy on ignore years ago.

You should read the posts on Reading FC 1871 on Facebook. The people's posts on there mirror what I say just maybe in a slightly less passionate/irrational way.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 14 May 2023 18:11

I would quite like Dai to put out a statement saying "I, along with my legal team, can categorically say we have not considered folding the club and selling off the land for a property deal"

...just for the LOLs

elrey

by elrey » 14 May 2023 23:37

tmesis I would quite like Dai to put out a statement saying "I, along with my legal team, can categorically say we have not considered folding the club and selling off the land for a property deal"

...just for the LOLs

I'd like him to come out and say either that he's appointed Ted Lasso as manager or that he's appointed himself as manager, just for the... I don't know what

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 16 May 2023 13:14

From Despair To Where? If Dai reads HobNob, he'd have put serial whinger Jimmy on ignore years ago.

He probably has.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 May 2023 13:28

elrey
tmesis I would quite like Dai to put out a statement saying "I, along with my legal team, can categorically say we have not considered folding the club and selling off the land for a property deal"

...just for the LOLs

I'd like him to come out and say either that he's appointed Ted Lasso as manager or that he's appointed himself as manager, just for the... I don't know what

Yeah, do a "Ron Noades" for the lols, although tbf, Noades won a promotion.

197 posts