Arsenal v Reading

204 posts
Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 03 Mar 2007 20:38

lozz2601
sam158_uk rubbish, reading fans were quiet 2day almost non-existent. i saw quite a few empty seats in away end as well so dissapointed as wanted to go to this one!
glad i didnt now

That makes me mad.
I really wanted to go - and people didn't turn up?

That's boll*cks, we (No 13) weren't quiet, for lengthy spells the only noise, and believe me it was nigh on constant (I was there you see), was coming from our end, the Arse only sang immediately after they scored, those were the only periods where there was any noise from the LoLGunners.

And from where I was standing/sitting there were hardly any seats that weren't take up, that I could see mind.

WSRL

Oh, and grow some ears...

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Mar 2007 20:49

Kitson12
lozz2601
sam158_uk rubbish, reading fans were quiet 2day almost non-existent. i saw quite a few empty seats in away end as well so dissapointed as wanted to go to this one!
glad i didnt now

That makes me mad.

That's boll*cks, we (No 13) weren't quiet, for lengthy spells the only noise, and believe me it was nigh on constant (I was there you see), was coming from our end, the Arse only sang immediately after they scored, those were the only periods where there was any noise from the LoLGunners.

And from where I was standing/sitting there were hardly any seats that weren't take up, that I could see mind.

WSRL

Certainly on ESPN I could hear the Reading fans even moreso tahn tha Arsenal fans!

firstdivision

by firstdivision » 03 Mar 2007 22:26

They must have had the mic's turned down. Where I was we were singing most of the time. FWIW

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Mar 2007 22:37

I was the other end of the ground and I could hear us very well.

sh*t on the floor was particularly funny...absolutely no atmosphere from the Arsenal fans where I was - apart from one bloke who spent the entire game shouting obscenities entirely coincidental to the action on the pitch.

So that bit was like being in the North stand..

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 04 Mar 2007 00:31

glad i didnt now

The away end was full you tool. Empty seats occurred when people went out to get drinks, etc - no seats remained empty for the entirety of the game though.

frimleygreen_shotspur
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: between the old wheatsheaf and the rose and thistle

by frimleygreen_shotspur » 04 Mar 2007 00:32

Royalee
glad i didnt now

The away end was full you tool. Empty seats occurred when people went out to get drinks, etc - no seats remained empty for the entirety of the game though.

never argue with a stundent.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 04 Mar 2007 00:38

Back to the game itself - good performances by Hahnemann today who kept us in it at times, Bikey and Lita, who worked his socks off up front, held onto the ball well and looked dangerous. Disappointments for me were Harper and Hunt, both of whom were ineffectual - we looked far better after the substitutions and I think it's about time Oster and Gunnarsson replaced Hunt and Harper in the starting line-up given performances in recent weeks.

retro royal

by retro royal » 04 Mar 2007 12:29

I also thought Harper, Hunt were below par today, also Little was out of sorts. I tend to think we go out to negative against some of the bigger sides. Hunt and Little seemed losed chasing back all the time, very tentitive going forward (almost as they've been told, when going forward dont lose the ball at all costs), a lot of nervous passes.

You have to give Arsenal credit though, didn't give our players a second on the ball, again proud to be a royal, didn't give up and could hear the fans well enough majority of the game even when 2-0 down, only time the Arsenal fans chanted was the 1-0 to the Arsenal thing (10 seconds)

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 04 Mar 2007 13:56

retro royal I also thought Harper, Hunt were below par today, also Little was out of sorts. I tend to think we go out to negative against some of the bigger sides. Hunt and Little seemed losed chasing back all the time, very tentitive going forward (almost as they've been told, when going forward dont lose the ball at all costs), a lot of nervous passes.

You have to give Arsenal credit though, didn't give our players a second on the ball, again proud to be a royal, didn't give up and could hear the fans well enough majority of the game even when 2-0 down, only time the Arsenal fans chanted was the 1-0 to the Arsenal thing (10 seconds)

From what I could see they'd done their homework on Little, whenever he had the ball he had two men on him who gave him no space to work with.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 04 Mar 2007 14:08

zac naloen
retro royal I also thought Harper, Hunt were below par today, also Little was out of sorts. I tend to think we go out to negative against some of the bigger sides. Hunt and Little seemed losed chasing back all the time, very tentitive going forward (almost as they've been told, when going forward dont lose the ball at all costs), a lot of nervous passes.

From what I could see they'd done their homework on Little, whenever he had the ball he had two men on him who gave him no space to work with.
Credit also a fantastic all-round performance by Clichy - my MOTM - which I mention only because the other day I was expressing doubts about him. Show what I know. :roll:

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 04 Mar 2007 14:10

Arch
zac naloen

Credit also a fantastic all-round performance by Clichy - my MOTM - which I mention only because the other day I was expressing doubts about him. Show what I know. :roll:

Oh definately, quality left back and obviously very intelligent at reading players.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 04 Mar 2007 14:10

I thought we were completely played off the park to be honest. Weren't in it until we went 2-0 down. The first half was particularly uninspiring.

Reading fans were quiet, Arsenal fans even quieter.

Ivar was probably the best Reading player, and few of them had shockers.

lozz2601

by lozz2601 » 04 Mar 2007 14:16

Kitson12
lozz2601
glad i didnt now

That makes me mad.

WSRL

Why did you quote what I said?? :?

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 05 Mar 2007 00:05

Probably Hunt's worst game in the shirt for us, placed into Ljunberg's and Hoyte's pocket for 90 minutes

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 05 Mar 2007 03:27

Huntley & Palmer Probably Hunt's worst game in the shirt for us, placed into Ljunberg's and Hoyte's pocket for 90 minutes
Hleb's, maybe?

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 05 Mar 2007 09:04

Hleb was playing in the middle for most of the game, though he did switch around with Ljunberg a lot.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 05 Mar 2007 13:19

I thought we were outplayed for most of the game and had we sneaked a point at the end it would have been a mugging!

Thought Lita was excellent at holding up the ball, and Bikey (the penalty notwithstanding) had a good game as well.

Showed that same "never give up" spirit and we tried to play the ball on the ground which have got us plaudits but for the 3rd time in a week we give opponents a 2 goal (at least) lead and at this level that means defeat much more often than not.

Agree that it may be time to give Oster a start wide left, and to consider Gunnar for the next game in order to disrupt Pompey's excellent midfield (even if its unlikely that Mendes, who was brilliant against us at Fratton Park, will be playing).

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 05 Mar 2007 13:56

brendywendy arsenal 2-0 reading

kitson, lita

arsenal rocked by rampant royals

u heard it here first!

ah.

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 08 Mar 2007 22:53

please feel free to Dodd me but I was told today that Arsenal v RFC was their biggest attendance this year!

"you're only here for the Reading"

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 08 Mar 2007 23:02

biscuitsrus please feel free to Dodd me but I was told today that Arsenal v RFC was their biggest attendance this year!

"you're only here for the Reading"

Cannot believe that? :shock:

Source please...

204 posts