Leroy's headbutt

266 posts
Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 13 Apr 2007 15:35

Of course he has !!!!!!!!

Faking an injury is most certainly an offence for which punishment can be meted out.

Lita was always going to be punished, just a shame that the list of players who cheat and get away with it is so extensive.

It's sad that Lita gets 3 games for not touching a player, not cuasing injury yet Rigott got nothing for an assault on Kitson that cost him half a season.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Apr 2007 15:37

Behindu Of course he has !!!!!!!!

Faking an injury is most certainly an offence for which punishment can be meted out.

Lita was always going to be punished, just a shame that the list of players who cheat and get away with it is so extensive.

It's sad that Lita gets 3 games for not touching a player, not cuasing injury yet Rigott got nothing for an assault on Kitson that cost him half a season.

How do you prove he is faking it? How can you prove that at that point in time he was not in pain? A pain that then passed or subsided enough to allow him to continue.

ScottishRoyal

by ScottishRoyal » 13 Apr 2007 15:38

Stranded
1960 The FA always bleat on about not being able to deal with incidents that the ref has dealt with. Well, Karkouri's death roll wasn't dealt with by Poll. So why not charge him with Bringing the Game into Disrepute and ban the bastard?

Because technically he's done nothing wrong.

Is it not 'simulation'?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 13 Apr 2007 15:42

Hoop Blah
SpaceCruiser
Hoop Blah
SpaceCruiser Oh, so, you think it's perfectly ok for the Charlton player to cheat?

Lita cheated first...so there!

How so?

Even you can't be that stupid!

No chance of considering he might have been provoked? :roll:

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 13 Apr 2007 15:46

SpaceCruiser
Hoop Blah
SpaceCruiser
Hoop Blah
SpaceCruiser Oh, so, you think it's perfectly ok for the Charlton player to cheat?

How so?

Perhaps Lita provoked the provocation!!

He headbutted the guy, get over it.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Apr 2007 15:46

SpaceCruiser
Hoop Blah
SpaceCruiser
Hoop Blah

How so?

And that makes it OK?

Players are provoked continually during a game, you just don't react like that. And if that's how Leroy reacts you can guarantee he'll get provoked every single game now.

Did you hate Reading after Cureton got sent of against QPR as he was provoked in to the reaction?

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 13 Apr 2007 15:47

Stranded How do you prove he is faking it? How can you prove that at that point in time he was not in pain? A pain that then passed or subsided enough to allow him to continue.

Given the debate has been centered around the fact that Leroy probably only attempted to head butt him and made no contact then it follows that either he wasn;t actually injured (and hence was faking it) or a freak incident occurred which casued him pain totally unrelated to Leroy's actions.

Additionally the lack of any blood, bruising, swelling or other mark would suggest nothing happened which wouldhave caused pain...

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 13 Apr 2007 15:48

Hoop Blah He headbutted the guy, get over it.

Oh, suddenly you think there was contact? Especially when the video isn't that conclusive, how can you prove that the Charlton player was actually injured?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 Apr 2007 15:48

Stranded

How do you prove he is faking it? How can you prove that at that point in time he was not in pain? A pain that then passed or subsided enough to allow him to continue.

Well the pratt Poll clearly thought he was the type of player likely to feign injury because the next time he went down and started rolling about Poll gave him a poke with his foot and told him to get up!

Makes it even more annoying that Poll was then convinced that the video proved Lita was guilty of an offence.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Apr 2007 15:48

Behindu
Stranded How do you prove he is faking it? How can you prove that at that point in time he was not in pain? A pain that then passed or subsided enough to allow him to continue.

Given the debate has been centered around the fact that Leroy probably only attempted to head butt him and made no contact then it follows that either he wasn;t actually injured (and hence was faking it) or a freak incident occurred which casued him pain totally unrelated to Leroy's actions.

Additionally the lack of any blood, bruising, swelling or other mark would suggest nothing happened which wouldhave caused pain...

Yes the debate is he probably didn't make contact but we're not 100% certain of that.

You can feel pain without there being a physical mark left afterwards. Ever stubbed your toe?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 13 Apr 2007 15:51

RoyalBlue Makes it even more annoying that Poll was then convinced that the video proved Lita was guilty of an offence.

Intent is an offence, and even Coppell acknowledged that there was a movement of the head in El Kharkouri's direction.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Apr 2007 15:51

RoyalBlue
Stranded

Well the pratt Poll clearly thought he was the type of player likely to feign injury because the next time he went down and started rolling about Poll gave him a poke with his foot and told him to get up!

Makes it even more annoying that Poll was then convinced that the video proved Lita was guilty of an offence.

But he was guilty of an offence - whether contact was made or not.

I'm not defending El Karkouri here but there is no grounds for him to be done for anything.

Lita screwed up, got caught and has got a ban. End of story.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 13 Apr 2007 15:53

SpaceCruiser

Oh, suddenly you think there was contact? Especially when the video isn't that conclusive, how can you prove that the Charlton player was actually injured?

Where have I said he injured him?

I think you'll find I've said he should be done for his poncing about, but that doesn't change the fact that Lita went to headbutt him.

He made a headbutting motion. I don't think he meant to hurt the guy, it was just a bit of bravado/attitude/frustration/anger but in the eyes of football law its all the same thing.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 13 Apr 2007 15:54

Hoop Blah
SpaceCruiser

I think you'll find I've said he should be done for his poncing about, but that doesn't change the fact that Lita went to headbutt him.

He made a headbutting motion. I don't think he meant to hurt the guy, it was just a bit of bravado/attitude/frustration/anger but in the eyes of football law its all the same thing.

So it's not a proper headbutt then. :roll:

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 13 Apr 2007 15:58

SpaceCruiser So it's not a proper headbutt then. :roll:

No, you're absolutely right, and the world is flat and Jordon's become a nun!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 Apr 2007 16:13

SpaceCruiser
Hoop Blah
SpaceCruiser

So it's not a proper headbutt then. :roll:

Oh FFS Spacey, can you not accept that Lita was out of line regardless of any provocation and El Karkouri's reaction.

Berkshire Born

by Berkshire Born » 13 Apr 2007 16:18

Berkshire Born
Harold Reading, in the news for the wrong reasons again.

Forgive me Harold, but can I ask what your fascination is with Reading FC and HNA? Do you live locally, with or amongst Reading fans? I'm guessing you support Chelsea.

Apologies if this has already been asked.

Also, are there any other nobbers who don't count Reading as their team?
Last edited by Berkshire Born on 13 Apr 2007 16:23, edited 1 time in total.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 13 Apr 2007 16:19

Oh well, positive to come out of it is hopefully SC will stick with the Doyle/Kitson partnership and give it a while to work, the pair have only started together twice this season. If they do the business, then tough shit Leroy.

Warfield Royal

by Warfield Royal » 13 Apr 2007 16:24

I object to the new thread titled Lita Guilty of violent conduct being locked.

This thread is now 10 pages and any interesting comments are completely buried in so many pages.

The FA decision is a good enough reason to start a new thread.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 13 Apr 2007 16:25

Warfield Royal I object to the new thread titled Lita Guilty of violent conduct being locked.

This thread is now 10 pages and any interesting comments are completely buried in so many pages.

The FA decision is a good enough reason to start a new thread.

Blame Spacefiller.

266 posts