Bolton thread?

195 posts
zac naloen

by zac naloen » 21 Apr 2007 17:52

Royal Lady
Coppell's Right Footed 11
Royal Lady As I've said on another thread, I don't see what the problem would be if we got into Europe - I'm not expecting us to win the thing, though, of course, anything is possible with RFC, but even if we used similar players to our cup runs, what have we got to lose? Seriously?

I went to the fans forum and it appears to be that Coppell likes a squad of around 21-22. he said if we make europe we need to bring in 3 or 4 more players in on top of the targets we are looking for had we missed out on europe so say potentially 8 new players. By this number we have a larger squad with more top players wanting to play which in turn could jeopardise our performance and team unity in only our 2nd season in the premiership. Also financially would cost us a lot more to invest in more players transfer fees and wages. Europe would be amazing as long as it didn't effect our premiership status which of course is top priority.
Well, I'm sorry but I don't see that we have to buy more players solely because we'd be in Europe. Like I said, we could play some of the more "fringe" players for any European games. Just to say we got into Europe would be enough for me, I wouldn't care if we lost every game. We won't get a better chance than this imho.

I agree, except if we get into Europe i'd like it to be at at time when we have a good chance of doing well .. and stuff.

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 21 Apr 2007 17:54

zac naloen
Royal Lady
Royal Lady As I've said on another thread, I don't see what the problem would be if we got into Europe - I'm not expecting us to win the thing, though, of course, anything is possible with RFC, but even if we used similar players to our cup runs, what have we got to lose? Seriously?

I went to the fans forum and it appears to be that Coppell likes a squad of around 21-22. he said if we make europe we need to bring in 3 or 4 more players in on top of the targets we are looking for had we missed out on europe so say potentially 8 new players. By this number we have a larger squad with more top players wanting to play which in turn could jeopardise our performance and team unity in only our 2nd season in the premiership. Also financially would cost us a lot more to invest in more players transfer fees and wages. Europe would be amazing as long as it didn't effect our premiership status which of course is top priority.
Well, I'm sorry but I don't see that we have to buy more players solely because we'd be in Europe. Like I said, we could play some of the more "fringe" players for any European games. Just to say we got into Europe would be enough for me, I wouldn't care if we lost every game. We won't get a better chance than this imho.

I agree, except if we get into Europe i'd like it to be at at time when we have a good chance of doing well .. and stuff.

I disagree with playing the fringe player because the player who got us into europe will want to test themselves against the other leagues. If we play our fringe players the people won't pay the prices to watch us in europe. Coppell said we would go for it if we get into Europe and so we should, and this should be with the players we have and also the new recruits in the summer

nivek elyod

by nivek elyod » 21 Apr 2007 17:54

ElmParker
skipper Over the years we have been raped at the final whistle, i feel that really this is just rewards!

Thinking back, can anyone recall a situation where we were mugged by Bolton?

I would say every die hard Royal fan will say yes. The newcomers will be oblivious to 94-95

Some of us were very young. Still vaguely remember the day, though... I was pretty upset, as I recall...

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Apr 2007 17:56

zac naloen
Royal Lady

I disagree with playing the fringe player because the player who got us into europe will want to test themselves against the other leagues. If we play our fringe players the people won't pay the prices to watch us in europe. Coppell said we would go for it if we get into Europe and so we should, and this should be with the players we have and also the new recruits in the summer
So why does he need to buy another 3 or 4 players ON TOP of the ones he's looking to bring in then?

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 21 Apr 2007 18:01

Royal Lady
zac naloen
Royal Lady

So why does he need to buy another 3 or 4 players ON TOP of the ones he's looking to bring in then?

Basically 3 or 4 will leave this summer, 3 or 4 will arrive as per normal.. if we make europe then we will have the league the cup and the uefa cup. We need a bigger squad to be able to cope with these and by being in the uefa cup it may allow us to invest in some very good players to move the club forward, maybe not in the eufa cup but in the long haul. We need a bigger squad than we have this season if we have the uefa cup aswell. Just like any most of the other sides who will qualify. I think its also having the rotation of 'quality' players, rather than fringe players who aren't as good as the first teamers. If we qualify could be some exciting talent coming to the mad stad

Northern Git

by Northern Git » 21 Apr 2007 18:01

Suppose he thinking if were in it lets try and win it. Otherwise I cannot see why we would need extra players.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 21 Apr 2007 19:08

I'm sure I heard someone today say that Bolton's points record in the Prem was 54 points, that really hit home for me how incredible this season has been.

Has Coppell found an impact player in Long? He does have the ability to scare defenders without actually doing to much.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 21 Apr 2007 19:25

Royal Rother Poor stuff. Worst spectacle of the season?

Eating your words?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 21 Apr 2007 21:30

Ermm, why? Have you seen a poorer first half this season? :?

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 21 Apr 2007 21:31

Royal Rother Ermm, why? Have you seen a poorer first half this season? :?

Watford.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 21 Apr 2007 21:32

Well.

Having just finished watching the match in full after a lengthy wait, I really must wonder aloud how it is that Arsenal scarcely can contend with this outfit these days. Perhaps they should study the videotape and take note of the rewards that may come to those who can be troubled to express in action a genuine commitment to the cause of victory, to say nothing of the clear lesson that, sometimes, any old goal will do.

Best to leave it there for now. Six points from Bolton speaks for itself.

Is the way to Cgrzvda Pblngdo?
Joopenwijn and Zstnba Hrgnjio?
Dreaming dreams of Luppolo Calcio
The UEFA Cup is calling for me!

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 21 Apr 2007 23:42

I didn't notice before but just shown on SS1 that Stelios had a balloon he kept on the edge of the area till Doyle ran up for the penalty before bursting it :lol:

Stevie Coppell's magic he wears a magic hat and when he saw the Uefa Cup he said what the oxf*rd is that
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... +of+Europe

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 22 Apr 2007 00:17

Arch What was the scoop on the second goal? It looked a million miles offside. Did Seol's cross come off a Bolton defender to Doyle?
OK, having had a good look now, it's not clear whether it deflects of Sidwell or Meite, but when that happens Doyle is on and Long's off. Doubtful whether Long counts as interfering anyway, even if Sidwell touched it, although I tend to think players right in front of goal should always count as interfering. Anyway, "a million miles offside" was dead wrong.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 22 Apr 2007 19:42

M4 Junction 11 I didn't notice before but just shown on SS1 that Stelios had a balloon he kept on the edge of the area till Doyle ran up for the penalty before bursting it :lol:

Stevie Coppell's magic he wears a magic hat and when he saw the Uefa Cup he said what the oxf*rd is that
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... +of+Europe

I saw that too, but it was 15-David Thompson, not Stelios. What a tosser.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 22 Apr 2007 20:09

RoyalChicagoFC Is the way to Cgrzvda Pblngdo?
Joopenwijn and Zstnba Hrgnjio?
Dreaming dreams of Luppolo Calcio
The UEFA Cup is calling for me!

I can hear the East Stand singiing that now !!

Excellent !

195 posts