Hunt dissapointed

260 posts
CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Hunt dissapointed

by CMRoyal » 03 Sep 2008 17:11

Huntley & Palmer Have people thought that perhaps Doyle and Hunt are worried about whether their international prospects may be harmed by being back in the Championship?

They play for Ireland - no worries there, surely?

I take all your points, and speaking for myself my earlier rant was really about Hunt implicitly agreeing what his valuation is (ie the release valuation of £5 million) then whingeing when nobody meets it. Hard cheddar cheese, as we used to say at school. I fully accept that we are, have been, and always will be a sellling club.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Sep 2008 17:13

Thaumagurist* H&P, I would have understood his anger had RFC actually turned down an offer. Sure he might have heard of the interest from Everton and expected to hear confirmation. However, I do not understand why he is angry because there was no offer so how can he expect to speak to them if that was the case? He has no cause to be angry, absolutely none.

maybe he is disappointed and angry with everton

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 03 Sep 2008 17:15

brendywendy
Thaumagurist* H&P, I would have understood his anger had RFC actually turned down an offer. Sure he might have heard of the interest from Everton and expected to hear confirmation. However, I do not understand why he is angry because there was no offer so how can he expect to speak to them if that was the case? He has no cause to be angry, absolutely none.

That's not the case, though, is it? All the quotes have been aimed at Reading.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 03 Sep 2008 17:15

brendywendy

Exactly. Maybe he feels he is worth more than they offered?

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 03 Sep 2008 17:16

Footballers are tossers, so I expected a few comments to be made public by our want away stars, now that the window has shut.

Clearly Doyle, Harper and Hunt wanted to go, so it will be interesting to see how committed they are until the next transfer window opens.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 03 Sep 2008 17:17

Spacey, if you want to think there was not an offer then go ahead. As Coppell has restated, an offer acceptable to us would have to be made. Not to the player. If that means RFC risk a players happyness at the club by refusing to drop below that, then that is up to them. It certainly seems the case here

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 03 Sep 2008 17:18

I fully expect Murts and Marcus to go around and thump anyone who doesn't put in 110% effort.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Sep 2008 17:19

Huntley & Palmer

Spacey, if you want to think there was not an offer then go ahead. As Coppell has restated, an offer acceptable to us would have to be made. Not to the player. If that means RFC risk a players happyness at the club by refusing to drop below that, then that is up to them. It certainly seems the case here

though we can probably assume that hunt knew about the release clause when he signed the contract
so it does seem odd to complain now, or assume we should have let him go for an ammount less than that agreed upon previously

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 03 Sep 2008 17:20

Huntley & Palmer

Have you missed something? Coppell has stated that there was no offer and there has been a statement from Everton confirming that they had not made an offer. Would you believe Sky Sports News over those two?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Sep 2008 17:21

Huntley & Palmer

He's probably right to think an offer wasn't made given the only person saying one was is Hunt. Both Coppell and Everton say no offer was made. Hunt's agent stiring the bullshit spoon, followed by Hunt giving a slightly misinformed interview which is then manipulated. That's all.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 03 Sep 2008 17:24

No-one knows the truth apart from RFC and Everton, if there was an offer then Hunt would have known about it. How else do you think players find out about this stuff, clubs talk to agents without the knowledge of their manager

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 03 Sep 2008 17:26

Ian Royal
He's probably right to think an offer wasn't made given the only person saying one was is Hunt. Both Coppell and Everton say no offer was made. Hunt's agent stiring the bullshit spoon, followed by Hunt giving a slightly misinformed interview which is then manipulated. That's all.

An interesting parallel to last season maybe - SC said at the last FF of last season that Shorey agreed that the West Ham initial bid was not enough but that no further bid was received but Shorey thought it had and had not been put to him.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Sep 2008 17:32

Huntley & Palmer No-one knows the truth apart from RFC and Everton, if there was an offer then Hunt would have known about it. How else do you think players find out about this stuff, clubs talk to agents without the knowledge of their manager

If no one but RFC and Everton know the truth, why are we ignoring the statements of both of those entities and accepting Hunt's. Of course Hunt or rather his agent knew there was interest. But Hunt isn't going to be the one the fee is offered too. He has no say in that. Everton would sound out the agent for interest and wages. Not a transfer fee.

(That's very interesting starliaison!)

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 03 Sep 2008 17:34

winchester_royal I fully expect Murts and Marcus to go around and thump anyone who doesn't put in 110% effort.

Didn't Kitson do that last season.

Worked a treat!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 03 Sep 2008 17:35

papereyes
winchester_royal I fully expect Murts and Marcus to go around and thump anyone who doesn't put in 110% effort.

Worked a treat!

Yeah, but Kitson is too scrawny.

Marcus looks like he packs a punch on 'im.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Sep 2008 17:35

papereyes

Worked a treat!

He can't hit as hard as those two. And Marcus has guns.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 03 Sep 2008 17:36

papereyes

Worked a treat!

I believe it was Lita...

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 03 Sep 2008 17:37

Has Lita got friends at TVP?

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 03 Sep 2008 17:37

Huntley & Palmer it really stuns me how up their own arse RFC fans are when it comes to players wanting to play at a club that is better than us.

Another one missing the point. No one's complaining about his disappointment, or even that he expresses his disappointment. Come out and say "I'm really disappointed I didn't get a move to Everton and staying in the Irish team is going to be harder form the Championship". Fine. No objections. But the stuff about the offer from Everton was invented, and the idea that Reading should have let him go is farcical. It's offensive for him to suggest that after what he's done the club owes it to him to act in his interest and against their own. What he's done for the club is like every other player who played he's bottled it in essential games against Bolton and Fulham and now we're in the Championship. The players demanding moves to the PRemiership and suggesting the club owes it to them are acting as though they have no responsibility for what happened. By all means, if you get the chance good luck to you. But if you don't get the chance, look at yourself first. The last thing we need is players stirring up trouble with big-time Charlie attitudes. They think they're Premiership, but it was they who got relegated.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 03 Sep 2008 17:41

Denver Royal
papereyes

Worked a treat!

I believe it was Lita...

That would be so ironic, I might shit a kidney.

260 posts