DROP ROSENIOR

251 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: DROP ROSENIOR

by Ian Royal » 01 Sep 2009 21:55

Platypuss
Platypuss Note to Stephen Hunt - That's how to do a "come and get me" before a window shuts.

:wink:

Stephen Hunt is playing well in the Premier League. Rosenior, should this be true, has managed the nigh on impossible. A step down from Reading whilst staying in the same division. :wink:

Ojc

by Ojc » 01 Sep 2009 22:03

Royalwaster
Ian Royal
Who is the Wright?

David Wright - Ipswich Town. Looked him up.

Yes, a brilliant right back who is solid and dependable. Keane doesn't rate him, Keane is about to be massively disapointed with Rosenior if he doesn't rate Wright.

You lot have stitched us up with this one.

Archies Volley II

by Archies Volley II » 01 Sep 2009 22:05

The Prisoner
Ian Royal
Ojc Excellent, just what we need. Another defender who can't pass.

Hey, at least you HAVE a right back. Assuming this has gone ahead.

Can't O'Dea play anywhere across the back 4? All the "is Mills or Pearce gonna make way" debate has been answered now!

Haven't we also been informed he is left footed and a bit slow?

If so not the greatest attributes for a right back.

Also if Liam is at Ipswich and they have also signed Carlos Edwards I fear for Bertrand when we play them as that will be the quickest right side in the division my some distance and whilst he is not slow the rest of our defence is very slow!

Ojc

by Ojc » 01 Sep 2009 22:06

David Wright has a decent amount of pace, our best attacking play usually went through Wright and Walters down the right.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 01 Sep 2009 22:10

Ojc
Royalwaster
Ian Royal
Who is the Wright?

David Wright - Ipswich Town. Looked him up.

Yes, a brilliant right back who is solid and dependable. Keane doesn't rate him, Keane is about to be massively disapointed with Rosenior if he doesn't rate Wright.

You lot have stitched us up with this one.

Really surprised Keane would ever deal with us again after the Halford deal!!

Archies Volley II

by Archies Volley II » 01 Sep 2009 22:16

Ojc David Wright has a decent amount of pace, our best attacking play usually went through Wright and Walters down the right.

Do you know if he is actually coming to us? Sorry if you have already confirmed before.

Liam has a lot of pace and likes to overlap his winger and get well forward. It is my opinion that some of the negative feeling towards him from Reading fans is due to the fact that when we were looking really good in the first half of last season he did this to great effect (even if he didn't provide the direct assist he got us going forwards, won the free kick/corner that did lead to the goal etc). However, as we became poor Liam's attacking contribution also dried up - possibly as opposition left wingers were instructed to track him and left backs knew to give themselves some room to play with (he only every goes to the byline so as long as the defender gives himself a start if the ball is knocked past him he is ok).

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 01 Sep 2009 22:17

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Sep 2009 22:33

This is rather fascinating. I am amazed that Rosenior is going - I wonder what has gone on to make that move happen.

Pointless guessing really, but there's got to be a story to this one. Or maybe it really was just the wages he was on (he guesses).

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 01 Sep 2009 22:44

sounds like we have gained a solid 7/10 right back and got rid of a guy that ranges from 3-9/10 with recent form being towards the bottom end of the scale

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 01 Sep 2009 22:45

Royal Rother This is rather fascinating. I am amazed that Rosenior is going - I wonder what has gone on to make that move happen.

Pointless guessing really, but there's got to be a story to this one. Or maybe it really was just the wages he was on (he guesses).

All I can think is we must have been paying crazy wages when we were in the PL - so much for the club being run well financially.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 01 Sep 2009 22:49

Well, you got your wish.
You better hope is replacement is any good.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 01 Sep 2009 23:01

juanpablo sounds like we have gained a solid 7/10 right back and got rid of a guy that ranges from 3-9/10 with recent form being towards the bottom end of the scale

Maybe (except the last game where he was brilliant).

This gonna be David Wright?

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 01 Sep 2009 23:02

Please don't be true!

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 01 Sep 2009 23:07

andrew1957
Royal Rother This is rather fascinating. I am amazed that Rosenior is going - I wonder what has gone on to make that move happen.

All I can think is we must have been paying crazy wages when we were in the PL - so much for the club being run well financially.

Nobody ever earnt above 30k a week. There was nothing wrong with how we were run. You would scream blue murder if we hadn't offered those wages to keep the likes of Hunt, Doyle, Kitson at the time.
Now we have been relegated and failed to bounce back, we must act and get back to a sensible Championship budget, and we're doing that. Stop your fecking whining!

Physci

by Physci » 01 Sep 2009 23:11

New RB is not David Wright per Jonny Fordham (EP journalist) on twitter http://twitter.com/JonnyFordham/

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 01 Sep 2009 23:13

Deathy
andrew1957

Nobody ever earnt above 30k a week. There was nothing wrong with how we were run. You would scream blue murder if we hadn't offered those wages to keep the likes of Hunt, Doyle, Kitson at the time.
Now we have been relegated and failed to bounce back, we must act and get back to a sensible Championship budget, and we're doing that. Stop your fecking whining!

Doyle was the only one worth 30K a week. If we were paying more than 15K (£780K per annum) a week for the rest you mention we were not being run well. Personally if players wanted more than that and could get it elsewhere and we could have got a good fee I would have sold them.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 01 Sep 2009 23:15

Physci New RB is not David Wright per Jonny Fordham (EP journalist) on twitter http://twitter.com/JonnyFordham/

Probably re-signing Murty. He should be cheap now that he is injured!

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 01 Sep 2009 23:16

Pulling my bloody pubic wig out here... I could just above live with the transfer dealings prior to the window closing.. and hours after it closes all this weird shizzle has come out.

You know what... im gonna trust Rodgers on this one.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 Sep 2009 23:27

Much earlier in the day there was a rumour about someone coming from Spain... Wonder if he's a RFB?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 02 Sep 2009 09:33

This one has quite shocked me.

Firstly I'm surprised we've let him go, secondly I'm surprised that he moved to another Championship club, and to add to that I'm a little surprised that Keane wanted him at Ipswhich (even though I rate Rosenoir quite highly to be fair).

I've not caught up on the rest of the news, but I hope we've definately got this new right back (who is going to have to be pretty good) coming in and it's not another deal we can lose out on like Smith!

Like RR said, I think there is probably a bit more than we'll ever know about these moves.

251 posts