66%
No
34%

Total votes: 29
LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rogers must go? (POLL)

by LoyalRoyal22 » 24 Aug 2009 18:08

Ideal I say he has to go! Inept tactics, not enough experience, we'll get relegated with this joker in charge.

Your a joke. :lol: . Plastic

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 24 Aug 2009 18:09

I hope the 40 people that said yeh on poll, get there seasons tickets ripped up. You ignorant tossers

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 24 Aug 2009 18:24

I suspect there's a fair few who voted for him to go now, "for a laugh".

ftr, I voted for him to stay a little longer

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 24 Aug 2009 18:42

Royal Lady I suspect there's a fair few who voted for him to go now, "for a laugh".

A little longer? :shock:

We are playing a new system, it takes time to get used to it, it probs wont be a good 3 months untill we start looking decent, probably longer. Patience.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 24 Aug 2009 18:44

Really shit idea getting rid now. 1 week before transfer deadline. 3 years worth of compensation. Give the guy a break. Now, if the one with the funny hair wants to move along...

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 24 Aug 2009 18:45

OK, "give him more time" then - I couldn't remember what the wording of the poll said. :roll: And as that option has the most votes it seems I'm in the majority for once.

ROKERITE

by ROKERITE » 24 Aug 2009 18:55

If Tommy Smith completes his move then that's two quality signings. It could be that by the time Rodgers has the team sorted out Reading may fall just short of the play-offs this season. Automatic promotion to The Premier League in May, 2011 seems more realistic.

firstdivision

by firstdivision » 24 Aug 2009 19:00

How ridiculous.
The guy has just joined, has to play almost a new team of young and talented players, who lack experience, and you are calling for him to leave?

I think it will take half a season to get them playing coherently and the signing of a hungry experienced striker to make us competitive.

IMHO Brendan Rodgers is the best you will get at this level with this budget. He will come good, but you will need patience. It's the "Reading way".

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 24 Aug 2009 19:38

firstdivision How ridiculous.
The guy has just joined, has to play almost a new team of young and talented players, who lack experience, and you are calling for him to leave?

I think it will take half a season to get them playing coherently and the signing of a hungry experienced striker to make us competitive.

IMHO Brendan Rodgers is the best you will get at this level with this budget. He will come good, but you will need patience. It's the "Reading way".

Totally agree - if we'd reached the end of the transfer windown and we'd not signed anyone and BR had come out and said something Coppellish like 'This team is good enough .. bla bla bla', I'd have been the first to say he's got to go. But the defeats with the team he was in charge of doesn't mean much to me. Once he's got a sensible squad assembled I'll make up my mind. So far I've enjoyed the style of play better than under SC in recent years, so hopefully if we get some cutting edge up front, we could start really enjoying this season. I still think though that even if TS really joins us, we need at least one more striker up front to compete with SL and SC.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 24 Aug 2009 19:53

I didn't like his appointment in the slightest and I made that very clear here.

But now he's here FFS give him a chance.

Whether we like it or not the dream team has GONE and it IS going to take ages to rebuild a squad.

Even my beloved Coppell took at least a season.

LEAVE THE MAN POOR MAN ALONE and let him do his job FFS :roll:

BRENDAN RODGERS' BARMY ARMY!!!!!!

Wongle

by Wongle » 25 Aug 2009 11:15

This is completely ridiculous!

Please take a moment to think about what you are saying.

When i left the game on Saturday there were phone ins on the radio where people were accusing Reading fans of booing the players, I could not believe there were people that stupid able to navigate a turnstile and carry a plastic card at the same time. Now i see that they can also post new topics on forums too.

BR has inherited a Chairman who is looking to break even this year, an aging and expensive squad, and a group of players that have been disheartened by their complete ommitence from the 1st team for the last 2 years. I have followed the club for the last 20 years, and in my mind the tail end of last year was some of the most bland and disinterested football, played by some of the most greedy and undeserving players we have ever seen in the hoops.

BR has come in and is attempting to emulate a successful and exciting brand of football, that to which you will see clubs like Arsenal and Barcelona play week in week out. I AM NOT SAYING WE ARE THAT GOOD! This is simply a style that is played which is based on retaining possession for as long as possible, passing the ball sideways, backwards and forwards to feet until there is an opening to play someone through, rather than the hoof ball that i sat through for much of last season, and everyone loved that at the time (SARCASM).

We currently are missing a link player (A La Marek) and a striker (SMITH?) that can play those final passes and actually possess a decent first touch. Given that the Chairman's chief priority was to balance the books BR has had to field what he has available which is the youngsters. Whom i might add Coppell decided weren't ready, and many of the fans on this site were the first to moan when Tyson, Henderson and Cox all started scoring, Coppell let them go, BR is playing them which i am actually grateful for.

Whilst we are not on the best run of our time i would much rather watch our youthful side put in 100%, retain the ball, create chances like Sigurdson's shot on Saturday and come up short, than pander to the retarded and argumentative views of some individuals on here that would rather moan about actually trying to play football and aspiring to be better with what we've got, instead paying like minded idiots to run the club and pump the ball up the field to an overrated twit with no footballing ability.

BR is the best manager in this league, that is my opinion and you will all have yours, but if you want someone to shout at, take it out on the Chairman as he has the money and the ability to change the structure and management of the club.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 25 Aug 2009 11:19

You should post more often, Wongle.

Why do all the best new posters seem to have short names beginning with the letter "W"?

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 25 Aug 2009 11:24

Wongle Whilst we are not on the best run of our time i would much rather watch our youthful side put in 100%, retain the ball, create chances like Sigurdson's shot on Saturday and come up short, than pander to the retarded and argumentative views of some individuals on here that would rather moan about actually trying to play football and aspiring to be better with what we've got, instead paying like minded idiots to run the club and pump the ball up the field to an overrated twit with no footballing ability.

Would you be happy if giving a hundred percent, retaining the ball and coming up short meant us getting relegated?

I want to see us win!

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 25 Aug 2009 11:26

I thought Doyle had plenty of ability myself.

East Stand Ste

by East Stand Ste » 25 Aug 2009 11:27

early days yet....but yea he needs to bring in more players and shake it up a little bit (a lot!).....if this doesnt happen then we will continue to struggle and yes he should go, but for now its a tad early to suggest he should go

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 25 Aug 2009 11:30

LoyalRoyal22
Royal Lady I suspect there's a fair few who voted for him to go now, "for a laugh".

A little longer? :shock:

We are playing a new system, it takes time to get used to it, it probs wont be a good 3 months untill we start looking decent, probably longer. Patience.

Oh that's alright then, Rodgers can have 3 months to lose most of the games we play while we improve, get rooted to the bottom of the table, low on confidence, scoring as many as we are now (1 in 4) and end up 15 points adrift of safety. We start to win some games in the new year but we can't quite make up the 15 point deficit, and end up being relegated by just 6 points. But because it's a new system that's ok.

New systems have to start getting results pretty instantaneously. I have stated it before and I will state it again, this is not a game where you can rest on your laurels and say "oh, not to worry, it's only another defeat but it'll be ok three months down the line". If we keep losing games, we lose confidence, and confidence is a massive element of football. This whole "it'll be ok in three months" is utter rubbish IMO, it needs to be producing results NOW.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 25 Aug 2009 11:36

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the modern football supporter for you.

I want it NOW, and if I don't get it, I'm going to scream and scream until I'm THICK.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 25 Aug 2009 11:51

so before the "modern football fan" came along fans were happy to see their team struggle and be relegated ? Do you not think we are right to be concerned that if we do not turn the corner soon we have a problem?

ROKERITE

by ROKERITE » 25 Aug 2009 11:53

Royal Rother And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the modern football supporter for you.

I want it NOW, and if I don't get it, I'm going to scream and scream until I'm THICK.

I'm afraid you're absolutely right, and it's the same at every club. Patience is a virtue, despite what a current advertising campaign may say. As I wrote the other day; children, fools and football fans shouldn't see a thing half-finished. Unfortunately most would be judging Rome before the foundations were dug.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 25 Aug 2009 11:54

ROKERITE
Royal Rother And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the modern football supporter for you.

I'm afraid you're absolutely right, and it's the same at every club. Patience is a virtue, despite what a current advertising campaign may say. As I wrote the other day; children, fools and football fans shouldn't see a thing half-finished. Unfortunately most would be judging Rome before the foundations were dug.

You're a Sunderland fan, aren't you?

417 posts