Shaun Cummings

223 posts
Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Shaun Cummings

by Big Foot » 19 Oct 2009 16:30

Royalee It's not a u-turn, I still believe that the likes of Robson-Kanu and Davies should be in the side as per the start of the season alongside Karacan and Sigurdsson who have looked good - it's Rodgers who's done the 'u-turn'. I'm not asking for him to be sacked either, but don't let that get in the way of your drivel.

So are you enjoying the Rodgers Revolution or not? Are you enjoying fighting for survival?

Pridders

by Pridders » 19 Oct 2009 16:49

The Knitting Circle
Pridders I haven't seen him play as I am a pLOLastic but is he better than John Halls?

no

:shock: he must be sh!t!

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 19 Oct 2009 17:11

He's worse than that.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 19 Oct 2009 18:01

brendywendy lol

ok

captain drivel

At least he has the ability to man up and admit when he may be mistaken. I fully agree with Royalee, early on BR made promises which made me feel very excited as an RFC fan. He's backtracked on them, the passing football is all but gone, and the majority of the youngsters find themselves out of the squad altogether.

He could still turn it round, and we'll probably win tomorrow after all this abuse, but he needs to sort certain areas. Get rid of Kebe and Howard, bring back Sig and HRK, and stop hoofing it long at every op.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 19 Oct 2009 18:26

that is the least you should expect
but the vociferousness of his initial rodgers love renders all of that utterly pointless IMO
it wasnt just what he was promising, it was about the man, and what he would achieve

not sure if +HRK -kebe being the answer to our right wing problems but hal should at least be on the bench
agree totally with sigurddson in the middle instead of howard

generally i think we have the players, just not in the right combinations yet
we started to look like we were getting there before he brought all the shite in at the end of jan.(not mills)but since then its all gone to shit

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Oct 2009 18:38

winchester_royal
brendywendy lol

ok

captain drivel

At least he has the ability to man up and admit when he may be mistaken. I fully agree with Royalee, early on BR made promises which made me feel very excited as an RFC fan. He's backtracked on them, the passing football is all but gone, and the majority of the youngsters find themselves out of the squad altogether.

He could still turn it round, and we'll probably win tomorrow after all this abuse, but he needs to sort certain areas. Get rid of Kebe and Howard, bring back Sig and HRK, and stop hoofing it long at every op.

Rodgers passing football appeared to last one game and then got anhilated at Newcastle at which point he panicked. It's not like he ever even attempted to deliver on the attacking part of his promise.

He may be a good manager under the right circumstances, but those circumstances are not going into th eseason having no clue who your best team, playing for a draw in your opening game at home and panic reacting to every result.

If he'd had the balls to pick a team and system and stick to it for the first 3-5 games and start the season gunning for victories, we could quite easily be in the top half, given the resources that were available to him.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 19 Oct 2009 18:41

Ian Royal
winchester_royal
brendywendy lol

ok

captain drivel

Rodgers passing football appeared to last one game and then got anhilated at Newcastle at which point he panicked. It's not like he ever even attempted to deliver on the attacking part of his promise.

He may be a good manager under the right circumstances, but those circumstances are not going into th eseason having no clue who your best team, playing for a draw in your opening game at home and panic reacting to every result.

If he'd had the balls to pick a team and system and stick to it for the first 3-5 games and start the season gunning for victories, we could quite easily be in the top half, given the resources that were available to him.

Utter rubbish with respect to quitting passing the ball after the Newcastle game - I take it you weren't at the Cardiff match, Barnsley and shut your eyes during the first half at Pboro?

Agree he's bottled it in the last few games though.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 19 Oct 2009 20:03

CMRoyal
Royalee
Mike Hunt

What is your blog ?

http://royaleeblog.blogspot.com

Nice one. Hope it doesn't reduce your postings here. I'm all for blogs, but not at the expense of the thrut and cussed of multi-user forums such as this.

Lol, I don't think there's much chance of that - I don't tend to talk about Reading on there. New article's up now anyway for those interested:
http://royaleeblog.blogspot.com/2009/10/premier-league-home-grown-playersquad.html

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 20 Oct 2009 13:12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K3QXZDmk-s

If there's any justice in the world this clown will be dropped tonight.

TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

by TommyF » 20 Oct 2009 13:15

Shaun Cummings in Bracknell Evening Post We can do a job at QPR
May I be so bold as to offer some suggestions Shaun. Programme Seller, Steward, Hotdog seller? Just please, please not Championship Footballer

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 15 Nov 2009 19:04

I saw Chelsea's young Serbian defender Slobodan Raykovic at work earlier today, seems to think that Betrand has a good future and played with him regularily in the reserves, when i mentioned Shaun Cummings he didnt have the faintest clue who he was! I am starting to wonder if he ever existed as a footballer pre MK Dons. Also saw Reading old boy Seol Ki Hyeon earlier, didnt think much of our new young players and dont think he rated Long at all when he was there- theres a suprise!

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 15 Nov 2009 19:29

holsgrove breaks a leg I saw Chelsea's young Serbian defender Slobodan Raykovic at work earlier today, seems to think that Betrand has a good future and played with him regularily in the reserves, when i mentioned Shaun Cummings he didnt have the faintest clue who he was! I am starting to wonder if he ever existed as a footballer pre MK Dons. Also saw Reading old boy Seol Ki Hyeon earlier, didnt think much of our new young players and dont think he rated Long at all when he was there- theres a suprise!

Chelsea do seem to have a lot of right-backs.
Ivanovic is currently playing and there are Bosingwa and Ferreira and Belletti.
Then there are two reserves playing at Dagenham and Saints on loan so Cummings was around 7th choice.
I never understood why Rodgers was in such a hurry to sign him when he looks no better than Kelly.

Sir Rodger Doyle

by Sir Rodger Doyle » 28 Aug 2010 22:19

To be fair, he did well today. I actually did a double take when the players came out of the tunnel. Didn't recognise him at all.

Elliott

by Elliott » 28 Aug 2010 22:29

Sir Rodger Doyle To be fair, he did well today. I actually did a double take when the players came out of the tunnel. Didn't recognise him at all.

Know what you mean, looks like he's grown a bit taller :wink:

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 28 Aug 2010 22:36

Decent performance today at LEFT back. Maybe that is where Rodgers went wrong with him?

fester_royal

by fester_royal » 28 Aug 2010 22:50

credit where credits due, didnt think he was too bad today.

was skinned one too many times by dyer but then looking at dyer so would many more accomplished players (williams would have struggled for sure!!)

Sir Rodger Doyle

by Sir Rodger Doyle » 28 Aug 2010 22:59

fester_royal credit where credits due, didnt think he was too bad today.

was skinned one too many times by dyer but then looking at dyer so would many more accomplished players (williams would have struggled for sure!!)

I think Williams would have been rinsed so much, he would have shrunk by half-time.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 28 Aug 2010 23:32

Cummings wasn't amazing but did have a solid game.

Perhaps now that we see him as a possible up-and-coming player he can steadily grow into a good player. He afterall must have had some talent to be developed by Cheatski.

Part of the problem before was that we saw him as one of BR's hotshot world class signings from a world class club thanks to his world class contacts, expecting him to give us world class performances especially under the world class manager with world class tactics who signed him (via a world class agent) in a generally world class deal.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Aug 2010 16:07

'The boy done well and I'm very pleased for him'.

Interesting that we were left with so few defensive (i.e. none) that he had to be given a chance again.

Out of interest, how many league appearances has he now had with us?

Yesterday's wouldn't have happened to trigger a stage payment to Chelsea by any chance?

shaka's shorts

by shaka's shorts » 29 Aug 2010 21:16

miles better than Williams IMHO

223 posts