Club must save £4 million

276 posts
readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Club must save £4 million

by readingbedding » 29 Apr 2010 16:05

Sun Tzu Damn, I forgot without an emoticon everyone takes everything at face value on here....

There you go.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 29 Apr 2010 16:19

DOYLERSAROYALER The search for the £4m doesnt appear to have put the bookies off ...early days admittedly, but Reading are joint second favourites for promotion next season ...that will no doubt shuffle about when the play off losers are confirmed :

Burnley 8
Q P R 12
Reading 12
Norwich 12
Ipswich 14
Portsmouth 16
Bristol City 16
Hull 20

So they've excluded all the playoff sides from the betting ?

makes the tag 'second favourite' a little meaningless !!!

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 29 Apr 2010 16:43

Sun Tzu
DOYLERSAROYALER The search for the £4m doesnt appear to have put the bookies off ...early days admittedly, but Reading are joint second favourites for promotion next season ...that will no doubt shuffle about when the play off losers are confirmed :

Burnley 8
Q P R 12
Reading 12
Norwich 12
Ipswich 14
Portsmouth 16
Bristol City 16
Hull 20

So they've excluded all the playoff sides from the betting ?

makes the tag 'second favourite' a little meaningless !!!

They do not include clubs who may not be in the division otherwise they will have to return all the bets for the one that goes up.....

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 29 Apr 2010 16:46

Wycombe Royal They do not include clubs who may not be in the division otherwise they will have to return all the bets for the one that goes up.....

As I said, making these odds a bit meaningless in terms of giving any real 'favourites' for promotion next season...

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 30 Apr 2010 09:08

Sun Tzu Damn, I forgot without an emoticon everyone takes everything at face value on here....

That'll teach you for trying to be being a smart arse then...

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 30 Apr 2010 12:22

Look at the sides in the play-offs. I'd definitely expect Forest and Cardiff to be in a decent position and possibly Swansea. Blackpool and Leicester on the other hand....if those 2 stay down we'll be doing all right.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 30 Apr 2010 12:29

Seal

That'll teach you for trying to be being a smart arse then...

Fair point !!

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 30 Apr 2010 12:30

rhroyal Look at the sides in the play-offs. I'd definitely expect Forest and Cardiff to be in a decent position and possibly Swansea. Blackpool and Leicester on the other hand....if those 2 stay down we'll be doing all right.

Not if Cardiff are in administration !

Swansea can;t go a second campaign scoring less than a goal a game surley...

Richi Royal

by Richi Royal » 30 Apr 2010 12:37

If we keep the squad we have a great change to go up next year. Of the three relegated clubs two are facing financial ruin and the thrid are nothing special. If cardiff do not go up they are also facing significant financial troubles.
QPR, Swansea, Forest, Leicester, Bristol will be good / better next year but nothing above us IMO.
The rest of the league will be formed of very average teams, such as the promoted teams, Scunthorpe, Watford, Boro, Doncaster, Preston, Coventry, Derby, Barnsley, Sheff Utd, Blackpool

I would go as far to say next season could be the worst standard for a number of years, and also consequently the most open and unpredicatable....

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 30 Apr 2010 13:26

Sun Tzu
rhroyal Look at the sides in the play-offs. I'd definitely expect Forest and Cardiff to be in a decent position and possibly Swansea. Blackpool and Leicester on the other hand....if those 2 stay down we'll be doing all right.

According to the news stories coming out of Cardiff today, they won't be going in to administraton......

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 30 Apr 2010 13:34

Wycombe Royal
Sun Tzu

According to the news stories coming out of Cardiff today, they won't be going in to administraton......

Indeed, Ridsdale leaving looks like saving them !!

How can the Malaysians be paying just £6 million for half the club ? Presumably paying off any debt comes on top of that.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 30 Apr 2010 13:36

From what I've heard, the £6M is what's needed to pay the bills until the end of the season.

A whole lot more will be needed next season and onwards, unless they fail to go up - in which case expect the likes of Chopra, Ledley etc to leave - unless this Malaysian has *very* deep pockets!
Last edited by Dirk Gently on 30 Apr 2010 13:49, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 30 Apr 2010 13:40

Dirk Gently From what I've heard, the £6 is what's needed to pay the bills until the end of teh season.

A whole lot more will be needed next season and onwards, unless they fail to go up - in which case expect the likes of Chopra, Ledley etc to leave - unless this Malaysian has *very* deep pockets!

I know it's a typo but i would love it if their problems were all down to just six quid !!

How can they have bills of £6 million over such a short period of time ? Does that include costs related to the new stadium ? And presumably that's up until the end of June rather than 3pm on Sunday ?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 30 Apr 2010 13:53

Sun Tzu
Dirk Gently From what I've heard, the £6 is what's needed to pay the bills until the end of teh season.

I know it's a typo but i would love it if their problems were all down to just six quid !!

How can they have bills of £6 million over such a short period of time ? Does that include costs related to the new stadium ? And presumably that's up until the end of June rather than 3pm on Sunday ?

Yep - they were being sued for the several million just to install kitchens in the new stadium - and yes again, it is til the end of the financial year, but some is needed sooner rather than later!

It looks like Ridsdale has bet the house on promotion - but in fact he's just the front man. His job title really ought to be Chief Scapegoat, since he's paid to be the public face, do the dirty work and take all the abuse. But really he has minimal power there.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 30 Apr 2010 14:06

Dirk Gently It looks like Ridsdale has bet the house on promotion - but in fact he's just the front man. His job title really ought to be Chief Scapegoat, since he's paid to be the public face, do the dirty work and take all the abuse. But really he has minimal power there.

Are they looking for applicants to replace him ?

Sounds the sort of job I'd enjoy.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 30 Apr 2010 14:13

Dirk Gently Yep - they were being sued for the several million just to install kitchens in the new stadium

They must be very expensive kitchens. :|

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 30 Apr 2010 14:17

4 million?

In the proper Reading FC way the first thing to go will be the free food, drink & car parking the Stewards are privy to.

That will make a difference........................ :wink:

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 30 Apr 2010 14:21

Gordons Cumming 4 million?

In the proper Reading FC way the first thing to go will be the free food, drink & car parking the Stewards are privy to.

Only in as much as there won't be any games played....

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 30 Apr 2010 14:30

Sun Tzu

Why?

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 30 Apr 2010 14:34

Gordons Cumming
Sun Tzu

Why?

Because you can't have games without stewards

276 posts