Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Concern

by Friday's Legacy » 11 Mar 2012 00:06

Tamworth_Royal

Is that confident done deal talk ???? and it's hardly paranoia, sounds huge doubt to me.

Two weeks into the month when the deal should of been done so what's the delay ?

christ, you really are a worry wart. tell me who ever said it would be done in early march? no one! they said it should, should, be done in march. it's the 11th...

calm down. when ever anyone asks madejski about it he can hardly say it's all wrapped up can he? it's not in his hands, it's in the fa's and who ever else is involved with vetting the new owner.

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 11 Mar 2012 00:17

Friday's Legacy
Tamworth_Royal Anybody who watched the “Football league show” tonight might have concerns with Madejski's body language.
He looked drawn, stating “deal isn’t done till it’s done”, gone was the beaming smile of a few weeks ago, the bloke looked pee’d off considering 7 on the trot before the interview he wasn’t happy.

Entering the second week of March and still no done deal.

Has or is it all going titties up? (Or in Royal Lady’s case down!, only joking RL x )
Anyone else notice ?

you read far too much into things. he's been quoted a lot recently in saying the same thing, but that's just his usual careful approach. it's still possibly anton wont pass the fit and proper test, but come on, if the likes of portsmouth's many owners can, anton will. it's all going through fine. i'm sure well hear in the next few weeks that's it's done and dusted. certainly by the end of april if not sooner.

zingarevich was in attendance again today as well.

Look everyone know's my views on Madejski and nobody more than me want's this deal to go through. But if ever I was to give credit to Madejski then it's in a situation where if he isn't happy about a change of hands he voices his concerns like today and perhaps something has come up. All i'm saying is his body language didn't seem right and he made that statement when he didn't have too when everything is supposed to be fine(rain) :wink:

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 11 Mar 2012 00:21

Friday's Legacy
Tamworth_Royal

Is that confident done deal talk ???? and it's hardly paranoia, sounds huge doubt to me.

Two weeks into the month when the deal should of been done so what's the delay ?

christ, you really are a worry wart. tell me who ever said it would be done in early march? no one! they said it should, should, be done in march. it's the 11th...

calm down. when ever anyone asks madejski about it he can hardly say it's all wrapped up can he? it's not in his hands, it's in the fa's and who ever else is involved with vetting the new owner.

I got worried about him when someone said " can you look after this cross for a minute while I have a piss" :lol:

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 11 Mar 2012 00:49

Re: All too good to be true?
PistolPete, 23 Feb 2012 00:49
I genuinely fear it could all go wrong when Madejski gets cold feet and realises that there is only one business making him look good- Reading FC. I worry he will pull out of the TSI deal spinning it that AZ is not 'good enough' and we will be back to selling to cover the 'annual black hole'. Due diligence is not the clincher in this deal remember, it's all about gentlemanly conduct...

If, touch-wood, the TSI deal does go through, I then worry that AZ has Football Manager on his mind; admit it, how many of us think that we've spotted a good signing in the past and then imagine having the money to buy the player yet having to keep your mouth shut as it's not the owners job to buy players...so tough! The TSI/BMcD relationship will be near-impossible to manage if AZ actually has the money to buy players when Reading is supposed to be operating in a 'cut-your-cloth-accordingly' manner...

20% sure the deal will go through, 80% sure that even if it does go through the relationship will go sour.

Sorry for being so half-full about it all, I promise I'm enjoying things right now!

Tamworth_Royal

by Tamworth_Royal » 11 Mar 2012 01:14

Ideal Honestly, I do not care if the deal falls through.
If we go up and JM is still the owner - then that is even better. We know what JM stands for and he wants only the best for the club. He is not a risk-taker, he won't gamle the clubs future on stupid wages, and he is patient with managers- he only sacks them when it is absolutely necessary.

So for me it is win/win, if we go up and the deal fails, fine, I'm happy with that.

Ala 2008 :roll: what a dick :roll:

rfc2001

by rfc2001 » 11 Mar 2012 02:27

Didn't see the show tonight!! But Madejski is a very mellow guy really! (doesn't give much away)

Cypry

by Cypry » 11 Mar 2012 05:18

Not seen the FLS yet, but it sounds the same kind of thing that SJM was saying a few weeks back on FLW - it's not done until it's done etc...

Only common sense really, deals like this can and do fail for the most obscure reasons, I suspect he's simply trying to dumb down expectations in case things do go tits up.

Be very surprised if things went sour from a TSI viewpoint with the way we're going at the moment - only worry from my side is whether the money is there....

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 11 Mar 2012 06:21

He does have interests, business and otherwise, outside the club. Something could have been bothering him not having anything to do with Reading FC. I agree, the deal ain't done 'til it's done. But I haven't heard or seen anything to indicate trouble. Hopefully no snags will occur...

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 11 Mar 2012 06:28

Cypry Not seen the FLS yet, but it sounds the same kind of thing that SJM was saying a few weeks back on FLW - it's not done until it's done etc...

Only common sense really, deals like this can and do fail for the most obscure reasons, I suspect he's simply trying to dumb down expectations in case things do go tits up.

Be very surprised if things went sour from a TSI viewpoint with the way we're going at the moment - only worry from my side is whether the money is there....

^^^ this

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 11 Mar 2012 07:15

If we go up and JM is still the owner - then that is even better. We know what JM stands for and he wants only the best for the club. He is not a risk-taker, he won't gamle the clubs future on stupid wages, and he is patient with managers- he only sacks them when it is absolutely necessary.

So for me it is win/win, if we go up and the deal fails, fine, I'm happy with that.

Firstly investment was put up front on players in the transfer window. Who paid for the funding and what clause was built in should the deal fall through. Taking that premise - should the deal be off(remote to non existant), then who will we sustain a competitive edge without again investment in the team. I doubt that SJM would have released funding himself for the jan transfer window.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 11 Mar 2012 07:18

No concern at all.

SJM would look a bit daft if he came out and said everything is sorted and then it went pear shaped and I think we all know that's not how SJM operates.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 11 Mar 2012 07:45

AZ apparently said something to BMcD that convinced him that this was the place to be. Given that I'd be amazed if it fell through now. These things take time, relax and enjoy the performances on the pitch. This is only in the public domain because the story was leaked in an ideal world we'd only have heard about it when the deal was done.

SJM is probably more than just a little peeved in having to keep talking about it.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 11 Mar 2012 08:28

Considering we'd just won 8 in a row, you'd think he might have allowed himself a little smile. He looked a bit worried to me.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 11 Mar 2012 08:29

Royal Lady Considering we'd just won 8 in a row, you'd think he might have allowed himself a little smile. He looked a bit worried to me.

He'd probably just been charged nearly 7 quid for a pint and a half in the hotel bar! :evil:

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 11 Mar 2012 08:32

Anyone see him on Soccer AM as well? Did some crazy imitation of eating bugs out of the guys hair :?

Maybe he's just lost the plot.

Broxroyal

by Broxroyal » 11 Mar 2012 08:35

royalexile

Firstly investment was put up front on players in the transfer window. Who paid for the funding and what clause was built in should the deal fall through. Taking that premise - should the deal be off(remote to non existant), then who will we sustain a competitive edge without again investment in the team. I doubt that SJM would have released funding himself for the jan transfer window.

The Russians loaned the club the money in the January window, at 1% above base rate. This would be repayable if the takeover falls through. I don't expect that to happen, however.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 11 Mar 2012 08:41

Broxroyal
royalexile

The Russians loaned the club the money in the January window, at 1% above base rate. This would be repayable if the takeover falls through. I don't expect that to happen, however.

Thank you Nigel

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 11 Mar 2012 08:42

So, if they "loaned" us the money and are charging 1% interest they are not really the great benefactors that a lot of people on here seem to think they are. Most people seemed of the conclusion that they had GIVEN us the money didn't they? Certainly many trotted out the "they have given us the money to buy players, they wouldn't do that if they weren't series" line. :|

I am going to remain very cautious about this until it's a done deal.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 11 Mar 2012 08:45

Oh good grief....

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 11 Mar 2012 09:15

I would have thought that it was fairly obvious why SJM was pissed off. As a businessman he has undoubtably realised that he has probably sold too early. He could have got a lot more for a prem club...........

Wouldn't surprise me if his "it ain't done until it's done" line is because he is frantically trying to change the terms of the deal!

5145 posts