Re: Next Reading Manager

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Mar 2013 00:50

Apparently Brian McDermotts odds are closing in at 66/1

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 23 Mar 2013 01:06

AthleticoSpizz Apparently Brian McDermotts odds are closing in at 66/1

I cannot fathom why the bookies would even consider taking odds on his return. Absolutely ridiculous option and absolutely ridiculous consideration. This season has been the epitome on how to completely lose track on what football is all about. It was the best option to change management and should have been sooner. oxf*rd the critics.

Curbishley all the way

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Mar 2013 01:10

(no disrespect etc) but, blah blah blah ...its all been done to death

I just hope you all get what you wish for

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 23 Mar 2013 01:58

AirRaidSiren

I cannot fathom why the bookies would even consider taking odds on his return.

Because they like money...

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 23 Mar 2013 03:20

Worth a punt TBF...

2 world wars, 1 world cup If Adkins is definitely out the running I'll be STUNNED if Anton isn't talking to Curbs right now.

Dunno, but reckon you might be stunned :wink:

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 23 Mar 2013 07:50

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 23 Mar 2013 08:34

Badger Finger There's only one man I want (Again)

To renew cold war hostilities, and for services to the side parting

Never gonna happen, but he'd be a fantastic appointment. Lots to prove there.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 23 Mar 2013 08:57

I miss McDs bald head and softly spoken voice :(

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 Mar 2013 09:05

Cureton's Volley http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21889618

The comments are embarrassing, and I agree with their sentiment. Reading have gone from being proud underdogs going against the grain in their own way to becoming the next laughing stock in tabloid town.

We have become another pathetic excuse for a club á la Wolves, Pompey & co.

We had class, alas no more :(

:lol: You're embarrassing

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 23 Mar 2013 09:23

Cureton's Volley http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21889618

The comments are embarrassing, and I agree with their sentiment. Reading have gone from being proud underdogs going against the grain in their own way to becoming the next laughing stock in tabloid town.

We have become another pathetic excuse for a club á la Wolves, Pompey & co.

We had class, alas no more :(

You're such a drama queen.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 23 Mar 2013 09:44

Probably get abuse(I can take it :D )but I always thought Sean O'Driscoll would be good for Reading.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 23 Mar 2013 09:50

How can we be a laughing stock or "the next Wolves" when nothing official has been released. The Poyet story is still only something the papers are reporting

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 23 Mar 2013 10:07

DOYLERSAROYALER http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/mar/23/reading-brian-mcdermott

THIS!

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 23 Mar 2013 10:49

Eaststandman
DOYLERSAROYALER http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/mar/23/reading-brian-mcdermott

THIS!

Typical misinformed one sided journal looking for a story in a news doldrum weekend. Nigel Gibbs = terry Connor not Eamon Dolan. No reference to a) the rubbish we have had watch b) 1 point from 18 against the bottom teams c) worst stats out of all the teams for passing and possession d) player transfers and tactics.

If anything is embarrassing its throwing away I don't know how many leads (inc a 4 0 against gooners), falling out with players over contracts, playing style, losing to the other relegation teams. Trying to do something constructive / positive is not embarrassing. Move on!

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 23 Mar 2013 11:21

madstadblues
Eaststandman

THIS!

Typical misinformed one sided journal looking for a story in a news doldrum weekend. Nigel Gibbs = terry Connor not Eamon Dolan. No reference to a) the rubbish we have had watch b) 1 point from 18 against the bottom teams c) worst stats out of all the teams for passing and possession d) player transfers and tactics.

If anything is embarrassing its throwing away I don't know how many leads (inc a 4 0 against gooners), falling out with players over contracts, playing style, losing to the other relegation teams. Trying to do something constructive / positive is not embarrassing. Move on!

'Move on' If only......your opinion is valid, because its yours, however we'll have to agree to differ.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 23 Mar 2013 11:41

madstadblues
Eaststandman

THIS!

this^

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Mar 2013 12:13

Absolutely. The media have decided to build a story out of McDermott's previous success and our history of mostly having patience with manager because it's a better story for them to push than something closer to what's actually happening. "New Russian Owner is Ruthless and will destroy Reading!"

They're looking at it from the persepective that we were try hard relegation certainties from before the first ball was kicked, so we've met their expectations and therefore sacking McDermott was a bad decision. They've sod all idea how we played last season and how we've played this season in comparison. They think McDermott's done a stirling job against all odds, but anyone who knows much about us, him and the players and watched how we've played knows his managerial performance has been poor compared to previous years.

The comparison with Wolves is poor. McCarthy was sacked about a month earlier in the season in an attempt save them. They appointed the Assistant Manager as the interim boss so got no new perspective on team matters and continued with the same team expect for the experienced manager. Their attempts to appoint a manager was disastrous and they failed to win a single game after the decision in 13 games.

We've appointed someone outside the first team coaching staff, later in the season with the recognition we're almost certainly down and our search for a manager has been going for 11 days. There are only parrallels with Wolves if we fail to appoint a manager before next season and don't win any more games this one.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 23 Mar 2013 12:39

TBM I miss McDs bald head and softly spoken voice :(

I say we only go for someone with a baldy head and double waving hands.

Oh... come back Brian!!!!!!! :cry:

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 23 Mar 2013 12:41

'Greeds all round. It's frustrating to watch a media group who've seen us play about twice this season and who know very little about our club look down on us from their very high horse.

Expected nothing less from the Guardian though.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 23 Mar 2013 13:02

madstadblues
Eaststandman

THIS!

Good post

2614 posts