How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

3209 posts
Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: How Long Will BM Last at this rate?????

by Royal Rother » 09 Dec 2012 22:12

Hoop Blah It caused comment by myself because I just logged on and read your reply.

What most people do when they state an unfounded fact which is then corrected for them is accept they were talking bollocks about something they knew nothing about, not spout off about how odd it is that someone might correct something that's wrong.

Good grief. You don't give up easily do you? :lol:

Fcuks I give = 0
Last edited by Royal Rother on 09 Dec 2012 22:14, edited 1 time in total.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 09 Dec 2012 22:13

Once were Biscuitmen Why would we sack a proven Championship manager because he can't compete in the Premiership with what is basically a good Championship team?

If Wolves had stuck with Mick they would have been in much better shape this season for instance.

Who would come here and do any better? There will only be limited funds - if any- in January for a new manager who would have to pick up and even more demoralized team.

The only way if would make any sense is if Anton's Dad decides to potentially waste a few tens of millions to give us a good shot at staying up.

This seems unlikely.

There's an alternative that's worse. Which is that the club's owners, against the advice of the Chairman, decide to blow money they haven't got in an attempt to stay up ... and it doesn't pay off.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 09 Dec 2012 22:19

Royal Rother
Ian Royal
Royal Rother I don't think I am Ian but it's only a gut feeling and I really can't think of any type of research I could do to support what was pretty much a throwaway comment in the 1st place.

It's really not worth the effort.

Knickers should certainly remain untwisted over this one.

I think the main problem is you backing your gut feeling that you've got nothing to support.

And then refusing to entertain the possibility of it being nonsense in the face of half a dozen examples invalidating it from just the last 5 years. Without any justification, just metaphorically putting your hands over your ears and going "nyar nyar nyar, I'm not listening"

I thought you were better than that.

I will debate til the cows come home something that i have knowledge on or interests me. This was just a throwaway comment and really doesn't interest me which I said at the time. I have nothing to support my view and have not at any stage argued the point I made. It's a bit odd that it is still causing comment.

Now I'm not normally one to leap to Rother's defence, but I think in this case he's being treated a little harshly.

He admitted that he pulled a comment out of his arse, and was quite clear that he had nothing to back it up. No real need to go to town on it.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 09 Dec 2012 22:25

Cheers. That's unexpected!! :wink:

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 09 Dec 2012 22:35

Don't watch to watch more hoofball.

Would rather be in the championship trying to pass the ball

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 09 Dec 2012 22:39

Royal Rother Cheers. That's unexpected!! :wink:

No probs, besides, I'd rather people saved their efforts for all the times that you genuinely think you know best. :wink:

Seriously, I respect anyone who cares enough about this club to argue their position - whatever that position may be. Life would be very dull without the cut-and-thrust of disagreement and debate.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 09 Dec 2012 22:42

Friday's Legacy I don't think Brian has long left now. The dressing is split, to put it mildly. He has one player who has openly mocked him for being tactically inept, and a 'favourite' proving to be quite the trouble maker, which would come as a surprise to many. Another player who Brian would want to rely on to support him also turned on him yesterday in the dressing room after the game. Can a manager rein them all back in and get their full backing? I can't recall the last time I saw that.

Can you let me know by pm who these players are, or by twitter dm?

Dave_Kitson

by Dave_Kitson » 09 Dec 2012 22:52

Dave Kitson for player manager.
Failing that, Tony Pulit of Stoke to replace Trevor McDonald at Reading. :idea:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Dec 2012 22:57

Avon Royal
Royal Rother
Ian Royal I think the main problem is you backing your gut feeling that you've got nothing to support.

And then refusing to entertain the possibility of it being nonsense in the face of half a dozen examples invalidating it from just the last 5 years. Without any justification, just metaphorically putting your hands over your ears and going "nyar nyar nyar, I'm not listening"

I thought you were better than that.

I will debate til the cows come home something that i have knowledge on or interests me. This was just a throwaway comment and really doesn't interest me which I said at the time. I have nothing to support my view and have not at any stage argued the point I made. It's a bit odd that it is still causing comment.

Now I'm not normally one to leap to Rother's defence, but I think in this case he's being treated a little harshly.

He admitted that he pulled a comment out of his arse, and was quite clear that he had nothing to back it up. No real need to go to town on it.

It wouldn't be an issue if he'd said "fair enough, it was a gut feeling with nothing to back it up, I was wrong. Or just said nothing, but he clearly still holds the same view by the way he keeps coming back and saying he doesn't care.

But fair fuks to him if he wants to become a parody of himself and live up to Spacey's prejudices of him.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 09 Dec 2012 23:00

Archie's penalty
Friday's Legacy I don't think Brian has long left now. The dressing is split, to put it mildly. He has one player who has openly mocked him for being tactically inept, and a 'favourite' proving to be quite the trouble maker, which would come as a surprise to many. Another player who Brian would want to rely on to support him also turned on him yesterday in the dressing room after the game. Can a manager rein them all back in and get their full backing? I can't recall the last time I saw that.

and then send me please. I reckon it's a triumvirate of Gorkss, Tabb and Mick Gooding

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 09 Dec 2012 23:33

Ian Royal
Avon Royal
Royal Rother I will debate til the cows come home something that i have knowledge on or interests me. This was just a throwaway comment and really doesn't interest me which I said at the time. I have nothing to support my view and have not at any stage argued the point I made. It's a bit odd that it is still causing comment.

It wouldn't be an issue if he'd said "fair enough, it was a gut feeling with nothing to back it up, I was wrong. Or just said nothing, but he clearly still holds the same view by the way he keeps coming back and saying he doesn't care.

But fair fuks to him if he wants to become a parody of himself and live up to Spacey's prejudices of him.

Bizarre. Utterly bizarre. I had no idea what I wrote on this forum was considered so important to people.

I have said on several occasions that I am unable to back up what was only a throwaway comment of a gut feeling in the 1st place yet you guys want me to say I was wrong and apologise because HB has posted some examples that he wrongly thinks disprove what my gut feeling was... (it can't be proved one way or another which is effectively what I indicated at the time and therefore studiously avoided debate on the subject.)

This seems a bit weird to me. Get a fcuking life would be my advice to be honest.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 10 Dec 2012 07:52

It's no real importance to me, and my posting on the subject has only ever been in response to yours RR so not sure why you're being so excitable.

You say it can't be proved, yet originally you were agreeing that the effect existed in the lower leagues but not the top flight. How would you measure it lower down the leagues then?

As an example, before Redknapp took over at Spurs they'd only won 2 of 12 games. He took charge and they won 5 of the next 6 games. The one they didn't win was a 4-4 with Arsenal.

I'd say that's evidence of a new manager having some degree of influence over an improved run of form. Don't you agree?

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 10 Dec 2012 08:20

savage 4 england Don't watch to watch more hoofball.

Would rather be in the championship trying to pass the ball

Reading played hoofball in the Championship too, it just worked there.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 10 Dec 2012 09:31

leon
Archie's penalty

and then send me please. I reckon it's a triumvirate of Gorkss, Tabb and Mick Gooding

Got to be Roberts being the trouble maker.

Any chance of posting the names up here FL or would that get you into trouble.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 10 Dec 2012 09:39

Of course it would get him in trouble, if it's not true it's libel and if it is true he'd lose his source

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 10 Dec 2012 09:42

More bullshit from the manager - he looks a beaten man.

Frustrated boss on Saints defeat

Brian McDermott admitted his team have to do better than they did in the second half of a 1-0 defeat away to Southampton.

The Royals lost to a Jason Puncheon goal, and the boss never got the response he wanted to going a goal behind.

Brian said, "Second half we didn't do ourselves justice, especially with the ball.

"We have to be better than that, we need to combine a performance in all areas, everything needs to come together. It was the poorest we've played for a while but we've got a game on Tuesday to pick ourselves up.

"Second half I thought we'd really step on but we didn't do that in the way I wanted us to, they way we needed to. We had a couple of little chances, Adam Le Fondre with a header and then Jobi had one over the bar. To only have that is very unusual for us, anyone who's seen us over a long period of time will know we've always reacted well in games. Normally we throw the kitchen sink at them but we didn't today.

"So we're obviously disappointed, we all are after a game like that. We know the League we're in, we've got to keep our heads down, dig in and get on with it.

"For a long time it looked like 0-0, we might have had a goal first half when Hal hit the post, if we score that I think it's a different game. But that seems to be the story of our season right now. To be fair they had one disallowed as well. Also it was a penalty on Jay Tabb, he had his heels clipped. It wasn't as clear cut as the one on him at Wigan, but he did catch him. But we're in the results business and we haven't got one today.

""We had two strikers on the pitch and I threw Noel on as well to try to get a result. I've always been positive with my substitutions, but at the moment it's not quite coming off. We're 1-0 down and trying to get something from the game. When you don't win you get asked questions and I understand that. I'm as gutted as anyone today. We all do our best every single day, I know what they players are giving us, we pick ourselves up quickly ahead of Tuesday. We're used to winning, now we're not winning and nobody enjoys that. We'll keep going because things change.

"I feel sorry for our fans, they've come up to Southampton and we haven't got a result. We play for them and they'll be as frustrated as we are, everyone in the dressing room is bitterly disappointed.

"This is the unfortunate side of being a supporter, because as a fan you always want to see your team win games. But they were fantastic tonight, they stayed with us again. And this is a time when everybody has to be together and do what we have to do for our club."

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Dec 2012 09:50

All I will say In this whole debacle is careful what you wish for!

For what it's worth I am now looking to see a change at the top. 1/3 season gone and apart from 2 games, let's be honest our football has been woeful and there will not be a miracle Christmas cure to turn this season around. I want us to stay in the premier league and can only see that happening with a change and fresh ideas.

It's then a case of who? Who is available? Would we entertain someone like Hughes, Souness, Hoddle even Coppell for instance to try and steer this ship to safety on a six month contract?

If that then fails turn to Eamon Dolan and do it all over again the Reading way.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 10 Dec 2012 10:18

According to SJM's interview on BBCRB this morning he would like Brian here for the long haul so don't get too excited about getting rid of him.

Personally I agree. Absolutely no point in replacing him and better to back him in the Championship next year. We now know that more than half our players cannot cut it at this level so I would use the next two transfer windows to offload as many of the old guard as I could and bring in fresh younger talent to replace them.

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 10 Dec 2012 10:46

paultheroyal All I will say In this whole debacle is careful what you wish for!

For what it's worth I am now looking to see a change at the top. 1/3 season gone and apart from 2 games, let's be honest our football has been woeful and there will not be a miracle Christmas cure to turn this season around. I want us to stay in the premier league and can only see that happening with a change and fresh ideas.

It's then a case of who? Who is available? Would we entertain someone like Hughes, Souness, Hoddle even Coppell for instance to try and steer this ship to safety on a six month contract?

If that then fails turn to Eamon Dolan and do it all over again the Reading way.

Sadly I agree.

When you look at that performance on Saturday, the biggest, most nagging question I have is "What the fook do they do in training all week". They can't pass, ball control is woeful and they seem to be backing off more than ever and losing shape in the process.

Whatever they do work on in training, it doesn't address any of the above! And that's the main gripe - all this bullshit we're fed after games about moving on and learning from the experience; we seem to be going backwards rather than making small, steady but noticeable improvements.

Whether he really has lost the players is hard to prove; no one really knows what's said behind the dressing room door, but the evidence that something isn't right is mounting.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 10 Dec 2012 10:54

andrew1957 According to SJM's interview on BBCRB this morning he would like Brian here for the long haul so don't get too excited about getting rid of him.

Personally I agree. Absolutely no point in replacing him and better to back him in the Championship next year. We now know that more than half our players cannot cut it at this level so I would use the next two transfer windows to offload as many of the old guard as I could and bring in fresh younger talent to replace them.

So after building his team he now has to dismantle it and start again. At least when Coppell gave it a try after relegation we had Prem players to watch each week.

Who really wants another season of hoofball.

3209 posts