Madejski's Wallet - Is It Our Business?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Madejski's Wallet - Is It Our Business?

by Royal Lady » 30 Aug 2010 18:31

So, say, the hotel expansion was 6 million for argument sake - you seriously suggesting it has already recouped that 6 million and is keeping the football club afloat? :roll:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 30 Aug 2010 18:33

IT WAS AID AT THE TIME LAST YEAR THAT IT WAS MAKING US 5 MILLION A YEAR, SO ID GUESS SO.

TBF IM NOT SAYING I KNOW IT ALL.
JUST GOING ON THE ANNOUNCEMENTS MADE

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Aug 2010 18:34

You're so trusting Bendy.

Finch

by Finch » 30 Aug 2010 18:34

joe999 But do you realise how FRUSTRATING it is to spend your hard earned cash on watching the team you love, and to be the only club in the football league who gives you NOTHING in return?

Medejski see's no future, no matter how much he splashes on the club, what's it gonna get him? Absolutely zip, especcially when the likes of City make a mockery of competitive football.

Why on earth you moan when you're the mug spending your 'hard earned cash' on a nothing club I'll never know. Madejski doesn't wanna splash his hard cash because he knows the rewards are gonna be fuck all at best.

The joke's on you Joey boy.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Aug 2010 18:35

Unlike you though, Finch, some of us can't just turn our back on "our" team.

joe999

by joe999 » 30 Aug 2010 18:36

If you're asking why someone spends money on going to football then you obviously don't have that passion for your local team that a lot of us have. HTH.

Finch

by Finch » 30 Aug 2010 18:37

joe999 If you're asking why someone spends money on going to football then you obviously don't have that passion for your local team that a lot of us have. HTH.

Correct.

joe999

by joe999 » 30 Aug 2010 18:38

Then fcuk off newbie!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 30 Aug 2010 18:39

Royal Lady You're so trusting Bendy.

tbf i find that making opinions on the basis of the currently avaiable info a much better idea than basing them on made up stuff plus fear and paranoia.
youre within your rights to choose the latter system though
(oops no caps)

Finch

by Finch » 30 Aug 2010 18:40

Royal Lady Unlike you though, Finch, some of us can't just turn our back on "our" team.

Why not? People turn their backs on their husbands and wives and get a divorce, that's meant to be a marriage for life. (honestly, that is not a dig, a mere reality)

Why so different for pouring good money down the pisser when there's no return?

You just got to find something else to do and fill your time, ain't that difficult.

joe999

by joe999 » 30 Aug 2010 18:40

brendywendy
tbf i find that making opinions on the basis of the currently avaiable info a much better idea than basing them on made up stuff plus fear and paranoia.

Why dont you do it then.

Finch

by Finch » 30 Aug 2010 18:40

joe999 Then fcuk off newbie!

:roll:

joe999

by joe999 » 30 Aug 2010 18:41

Finch
Royal Lady Unlike you though, Finch, some of us can't just turn our back on "our" team.

Why not? People turn their backs on their husbands and wives and get a divorce, that's meant to be a marriage for life. (honestly, that is not a dig, a mere reality)

You just got to find something else to do and fill your time, ain't that difficult.

I've decided you know nothing about football and I don't like you.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 30 Aug 2010 18:41

joe999
Finch

:lol:

Finch

by Finch » 30 Aug 2010 18:41

joe999
Finch

Oh please.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 30 Aug 2010 18:42

Finch

birds are two a penny mate.

but you cant just start going to another team, thats the gayest thing i ever heard.

what return have you ver got from football? its always been a money drain, regardless of level or achievement.

agree that lost of people may stop supporting quite so hard- but going to another team, No no no

(oops no caps)

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 30 Aug 2010 18:43

joe999
brendywendy

Why dont you do it then.

i am. the last set of accounts, and statements from the club said that JM had not taken any money out of the club, and that the hotel was a net contributor to the finances of the club not the other way round.
so its exactly what im doing.

as soon as there is some evidence that JM is "bleeding the club dry" ill happily accept that, and start whingeing like the rest of you

Finch

by Finch » 30 Aug 2010 18:44

brendywendy
Finch

birds are two a penny mate.

but you cant just start going to another team, thats the gayest thing i ever heard.

what return have you ver got from football? its always been a money drain, regardless of level or achievement.

agree that lost of people may stop supporting quite so hard- but going to another team, No no no

(oops no caps)

Who's gone to another team?

Wives a two a penny too are they?

I got a return of enjoyment prior to '06 - after then RFC died a quick and painless death.

joe999

by joe999 » 30 Aug 2010 18:44

I actually agree with you there wendy. Except I dont agree its always no return. If your team is investing, playing well, and is generally not pissing you off, Im perfectly happy to spend money on it.

Finch

by Finch » 30 Aug 2010 18:45

brendywendy
joe999
brendywendy tbf i find that making opinions on the basis of the currently avaiable info a much better idea than basing them on made up stuff plus fear and paranoia.

i am. the last set of accounts, and statements from the club said that JM had not taken any money out of the club, and that the hotel was a net contributor to the finances of the club not the other way round.
so its exactly what im doing.

as soon as there is some evidence that JM is "bleeding the club dry" ill happily accept that, and start whingeing like the rest of you

If true, a sensible post.

Anyone who knocks Madejski is a joker. Why should he pour money into the club? Why don't the fans pour more money in to it?